Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,230 members, 7,860,475 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:26 AM

Premier League: Arsene Wenger’s Last Game At Emirates Stadium; Emotion-filled. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Premier League: Arsene Wenger’s Last Game At Emirates Stadium; Emotion-filled. (377 Views)

Man Strips Naked In Bet9ja Shop After Last Game Ruined 5.7Million Ticket (Video) / Arsenal Fans Protest Against Kroenke, Club Owner Outside The Emirates Stadium / Sir Alex Ferguson Gives Arsene Wenger A Vase On His Last Game At Old Trafford (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Premier League: Arsene Wenger’s Last Game At Emirates Stadium; Emotion-filled. by dabblesports(m): 11:59am On May 07, 2018
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger admits he can’t really state his feelings concerning leaving Arsenal and he has said it will surely take a while to sink in that he’s truly gone.

Wenger’s last game at home in charge of the Gunners on Sunday at the Emirates saw him bid an emotional farewell with a superlative 5-0 win over fellow Premier League side Burnley. The Frenchman announced his departure last month stating of his intention to vacate the dignified seat which he held sway for 22 years.

He is yet to make his decisions of what follows next after his duties at Arsenal whether he will continue in management or in football itself. Wenger admitted after the game on Sky Sports that he has still not grasped his emotions regarding his departure.

“It’s very emotional,” Wenger told Sky Sports. “It’s the last time and it’s such a long time. Such a big love story, and of course you don’t want to end it but everything comes to an end.

“I think it’s a season of contrast, we’ve won 15 of 19 home games and have scored a lot of goals – it might be our best home season in my 22 years. But it didn’t end like we wanted it.

“It’s not started to sink in yet. I’m so focused, and as a manager you disconnect from your feelings or ask yourself how you feel. You become a bit robotic about just winning the next game and the problems you have.

“You forget yourself, it will take a bit of time to reconnect and really know how I feel.

“It is a story that ends. I see it one way: guys, who have managed for 22 years at a club of this stature, you don’t have many. So I can only say: ‘You have been very lucky to work for such a long time at a club of this stature.’

“I will cherish every minute I was here, but as well it is a new start for me.in 22 years, I think I was in 840 Premier League games. Do you know what that means, how many sleepless nights? Before the game; after the game? I have to think all of that.”

The Frenchman was asked what he was proud of: “First of all, for having maybe been faced with the values that are important to me. The titles are important, but over a long period integrity, values of the club and team spirit are the most important for me.”

Wenger won three Premier League titles at Arsenal where he spent 22 years and having joined the Gunners at Highbury in 1996 and he helped the club rise financially viable in the years that followed and oversaw their move to the Emirates in 2006.

About whom to replace him at the club, Wenger could not say concretely who his possible successor would be but said the club is in a good place to go forward.

“The new man inherits a team which is much better than people think it is, and I’m convinced, you can see the togetherness in the team is special. With the right additions this team will challenge next year.”

It’s been 22 meritorious years of service for Arsene Wenger who has sacrifice so much to see Arsenal grow over the years with some remarkable moments as well as setting some yet to be broken records; How well Arsenal will fare after the departure of the Frenchman will only take a while to be ascertain.

Will the core values built by the Frenchman be kept, preserved and followed? Or will the emergency of a new manager change in near totality what Wenger’s 22 years worked hard to build?

www.dabbsports.com

1 Share

Re: Premier League: Arsene Wenger’s Last Game At Emirates Stadium; Emotion-filled. by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 07, 2018
All the Manchester United fans.will.miss you, you were always 3.sure points for us

Good bye friend pls coach Chelsea next or.Manchester city
Re: Premier League: Arsene Wenger’s Last Game At Emirates Stadium; Emotion-filled. by autotrader014(m): 12:08pm On May 07, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Griezmann Double Sees Atlético Beat Marseille 3-0 To Win Europa Cup / 2018 World Cup: What Buhari Told Super Eagles In Abuja / 2018 World Cup; Super Eagles Players Get New Jersey Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.