Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

My Art, My Portfolio, My Journey Into Graphics - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Art, My Portfolio, My Journey Into Graphics (4074 Views)

OSTmedia At Your Service! For Your GraphicDesigns... My Portfolio! / (NOSA PEN ART) My Art Gallery. / My Art, My Portfolio, My Journey Into Graphics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Art, My Portfolio, My Journey Into Graphics by Ogim: 6:08pm On May 13, 2018
#

1 Like

Re: My Art, My Portfolio, My Journey Into Graphics by Ogim: 7:16pm On May 14, 2018
Concept Art - Witch

Re: My Art, My Portfolio, My Journey Into Graphics by Ogim: 6:51pm On May 28, 2018
I just came across this software "Medibang". It's very good, from the videos i've seen, especially for does who want to go into digital painting; and it's totally free.
https://medibangpaint.com/en/
Re: My Art, My Portfolio, My Journey Into Graphics by Ogim: 6:53pm On May 28, 2018
CONTEMPLATING #4

1 Like

Re: My Art, My Portfolio, My Journey Into Graphics by Ogim: 6:54pm On May 28, 2018
#

1 Like

Re: My Art, My Portfolio, My Journey Into Graphics by Ogim: 8:26am On Jul 19, 2018
Its been a while. Too much things to do, no time again to just relax and draw whatever i want. And i just registered a comic company and am also working on some books with some friends. The first book i worked on was in colour but printing was expensive so i had to change it to black and white. Its still ok, but the second most be in colour, I just finished the first issue of the second book. I'll post some of the pages later and we're still editing some stuff.
We're also trying to minimize the price of the books. If we print at the current quotation we're giving, the book will be costly for the reader. We want it cheap enough that the reader won't think too much but just buy. I know people will say if the story is interesting the price don't matter, right! but it does. I'm a Nigerian and i know how we think, forget story. Even if its the most interesting stuff, at the end Nigerians will look at the price and your readers will be minimal. Its surprising that till this day so many people don't know what comic is, while others have this bias mindset that all drawings are for children. I personally don't like targeting children as my audience, i prefer making a more mature content. Well which ever the case, once we sort out the pricing and printing issues then things will move forward better. For now i'm writing and drawing more pages i n my spare time.

1 Like

Re: My Art, My Portfolio, My Journey Into Graphics by DerrickM(m): 8:48am On Jul 19, 2018
Cool and congrats on registering your comic company. I sent you a friend request on Facebook. After my real name is DM in brackets short form of my name here. So that you will know it's me.

There lots of groups i'm on for you to build your audience for your comics or other services. I dunno where you are based though but in Lagos comics both foreign and Nigerian go for between 1-2k.

You can also search online for print companies in China that print way cheaper than Nigerian printers. Check Printivo (www.printivo.com),a popular firm in Lagos to see if their prices are ok and they deliver anywhere in Nigeria.

You said you are working with some friends on some books right. That is a good idea,just divide the work amongst them and not overwork yourself. Even if you have to train a person willing to learn then do it.

Lagos ComicCon 2018 is coming up soon if you can attend this year. I plan to be there for sure as usual.

Ogim:
Its been a while. Too much things to do, no time again to just relax and draw whatever i want. And i just registered a comic company and am also working on some books with some friends. The first book i worked on was in colour but printing was expensive so i had to change it to black and white. Its still ok, but the second most be in colour, I just finished the first issue of the second book. I'll post some of the pages later and we're still editing some stuff.
We're also trying to minimize the price of the books. If we print at the current quotation we're giving, the book will be costly for the reader. We want it cheap enough that the reader won't think too much but just buy. I know people will say if the story is interesting the price don't matter, right! but it does. I'm a Nigerian and i know how we think, forget story. Even if its the most interesting stuff, at the end Nigerians will look at the price and your readers will be minimal. Its surprising that till this day so many people don't know what comic is, while others have this bias mindset that all drawings are for children. I personally don't like targeting children as my audience, i prefer making a more mature content. Well which ever the case, once we sort out the pricing and printing issues then things will move forward better. For now i'm writing and drawing more pages i n my spare time.

1 Like

Re: My Art, My Portfolio, My Journey Into Graphics by Ogim: 9:08am On Jul 19, 2018
DerrickM:
Cool and congrats on registering your comic company. I sent you a friend request on Facebook. After my real name is DM in brackets short form of my name here. So that you will know it's me.

There lots of groups i'm on for you to build your audience for your comics or other services. I dunno where you are based though but in Lagos comics both foreign and Nigerian go for between 1-2k.

You can also search online for print companies in China that print way cheaper than Nigerian printers. Check Printivo (www.printivo.com),a popular firm in Lagos to see if their prices are ok and they deliver anywhere in Nigeria.

You said you are working with some friends on some books right. That is a good idea,just divide the work amongst them and not overwork yourself. Even if you have to train a person willing to learn then do it.

Lagos ComicCon 2018 is coming up soon if you can attend this year. I plan to be there for sure as usual.

Thanks for the info. I'm base in calabar, I'll personally like to attend the lagos comic con but i know my job won't allow cos i started it. But i'll pass the info to my college in lagos right now. Thanks for the website i'll take my time to check their their pricing range. Its surprising how comics have become so expensive now, a friend told me the other day she bought super strika N500, i was like, what year?, cos i used to buy super strika back when i was in secondary school and it was N20 lol, Things have really gone up, but still buying a comic of 22 to 26 pages for 1-2k, i find that to be on the high side for most people especially now, we've actually found a place place to print for N500 per book, but from survey, it needs to go lower. It will work out in the end, i don't start anything i don't intend to finish.
Re: My Art, My Portfolio, My Journey Into Graphics by DerrickM(m): 9:34am On Jul 19, 2018
No problem,thanks for accepting my friend request. Funny enough the last Supa Strikas i bought directly from their stand at Lagos ComicCon 2013 was N200. If it has gone up to N500 won't be so surprised. I feel N500 is already okay for your end but you know best.

Ogim:

Thanks for the info. I'm base in calabar, I'll personally like to attend the lagos comic con but i know my job won't allow cos i started it. But i'll pass the info to my college in lagos right now. Thanks for the website i'll take my time to check their their pricing range. Its surprising how comics have become so expensive now, a friend told me the other day she bought super strika N500, i was like, what year?, cos i used to buy super strika back when i was in secondary school and it was N20 lol, Things have really gone up, but still buying a comic of 22 to 26 pages for 1-2k, i find that to be on the high side for most people especially now, we've actually found a place place to print for N500 per book, but from survey, it needs to go lower. It will work out in the end, i don't start anything i don't intend to finish.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Realistic Biro Drawing Of Prof Chinua ACHEBE By Oscar Ukonu / Mind-blowing Perfectly Timed Photos / If You Ever Doubted Blender: Watch This:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.