Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,114 members, 7,821,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

How To Copy Content From Websites That Restricts Content Copy - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / How To Copy Content From Websites That Restricts Content Copy (528 Views)

Brand New Lemfo Ultra Series 8 Smart Watch (Apple Copy) / Whatsapp Restricts Message-sharing To Fight Fake News / Tutorial: How To Copy And Paste Text With Google Lens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Copy Content From Websites That Restricts Content Copy by Atheistan: 8:20pm On May 07, 2018
Below are some of the ways you can copy content from a website that has disabled text selection and/or right-clicking.

1. Disable JavaScript from the browser
As I mentioned in the beginning most website use JavaScript to disable text selection and right-clicking. Luckily browsers have a setting where you can either enable or disable JavaScript and in this case disable it, save and reload the page.

Once done copying don’t forget to activate javascript because some websites like facebook and other heavy rely on JS and disabling it will break these websites.

2. Copy from website source code
Websites are written in hypertext markup language (HTML). This code can be viewed by right clicking on the website if not disabled and selecting “View source”

For beginners, this will be confusing and overwhelming and you might require basic HTML skills.

However, if the website has disabled right click simply put below on your browser followed by the website/page URL

Once you have access to the code you can easily get the information you want and copy paste as you desire.

3. Select from inspect element.
I will recommend this method for copying a small amount of text, it’s tedious. If the website is right click enabled but you can’t select the text simply right click on the text and choose “Inspect element” A small window will open with the web page source codes.

The only task will be to find the text within the codes mostly held by “<p></p>” code which you can comfortably copy. I know it’s confusing but check out below, to help you understand

I know it’s confusing but check out below, to help you understand

4. Using Proxy Sites
As opposed to disabling JavaScript from browser’s setting, some proxy website will give you an option to disables JavaScript before accessing a website.

There are many websites offering this service, search for “free proxy website” on your favorite search engine and begin to experiment.

5. Print website to PDF
In this case, you need to install print-to-PDF drivers such as PDFCreator. After installing the drivers you can easily print that web page to PDF which you can then copy the content you require.

6. Disable from CSS user-select property
CSS, i.e. Cascading Style Sheets, is what defines how the website looks likes i.e. the colors, fonts e.t.c This tool can also be used to disable text selection on a website using the property.user-select

Using inspect element window locate this property on the CSS. If you find it ‘untick’ to disable it.

7. Take a screenshot of the content.
This is particularly useful with images where you can take a screenshot of the image/s from the restricted website and save it on your machine.

In addition using OCR. i.e “Optical Character Recognition” technology one can extract all visible text as editable text and copy the text.

Conclusion

It’s best practice to always acknowledge the source once you copy any information from a website, that way you won’t be stealing.

source: https://john.ng/how-to-copy-content-from-websites-that-restricts-content-copy/
Re: How To Copy Content From Websites That Restricts Content Copy by moneyadulttube: 8:35pm On May 07, 2018
you dont need to copy peoples hard work, create yours else start adult tube website which doesnt require content writing. Check my signature for info
Re: How To Copy Content From Websites That Restricts Content Copy by Rhaspody(m): 9:30pm On May 07, 2018
just open the site in opera mini. and copy to your hearts content

(1) (Reply)

Buy E@board Interactive Whiteboard @affordable Price in Lagos -250k / A Week Used Techno Spark For Sale / Super Clean Iphone 5 5c And 5s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.