Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

I Sacrificed 7 Years Of My Life But My Husband Is Crushing My Dreams - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Sacrificed 7 Years Of My Life But My Husband Is Crushing My Dreams (1453 Views)

In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me / Seeing Dead Aunty In My Dreams Repeatedly. I Need Any Solutions Please / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Sacrificed 7 Years Of My Life But My Husband Is Crushing My Dreams by z11111: 12:27pm On May 08, 2018
For the last seven years,all I have done is sacrifice for my family. This is because,I wanted what was best for them: my husband and my kids. When I got married nine years ago,I had already gotten my MsC. Unfortunately,I lost my good job when I got pregnant the first time. I had a very difficult pregnancy and I couldn’t do well at work. Also,after I had my baby,I couldn’t get the type of job I wanted cos it would require so much of my time. My husband encouraged me to take a job that would enable me close on time and come home early to the children. To that effect,I got a job where I was paid so much less than what I was earning. It was not easy,actually nothing to write home about. But I agreed that it was necessary so that I could take care of my baby. My husband was against the idea of a house maid. It was so tough financially that we had to deny ourselves so many things.

By the second year,we had to move into a smaller apartment because we could not afford to pay the rent of our three bedroom apartment. My husband’s job also pays very little. Within the next five years,I had my three children. I come from a family that is well to do but they were not happy that I had refused to pursue a better career to enhance after they had spent so much money to send me to very good schools and get my masters. Throughout those years,we struggled,things were bad and most times,I used to cry just watching how I couldn’t give my kids the kind of life they deserved.

Now,my oldest is six years old and the youngest almost 3 years. I began to apply for better jobs since January this year. In February,I got invited for an interview from a multinational company. I passed through several assessment stages and eventually,I was offered a job worth millions (when you add all benefits). The offer also comes with a car and an official apartment. I was so excited and I knew this was the beginning of good things for me and my family. When I got home and told my husband about the offer,I was not prepared to hear what he had to say. My husband bluntly......Read full story from the blog and leave inspiring comments on the blog
https://livelystones.com.ng/i-sacrificed-7-years-of-my-life-but-my-husband-is-crushing-my-dreams/
Re: I Sacrificed 7 Years Of My Life But My Husband Is Crushing My Dreams by johncallidon(m): 12:36pm On May 08, 2018
Seen
Re: I Sacrificed 7 Years Of My Life But My Husband Is Crushing My Dreams by bukatyne(f): 7:52pm On May 08, 2018
johncallidon:
Seen

Chai!

You must be a very terrible boss.

After all the long tori, seen.
Re: I Sacrificed 7 Years Of My Life But My Husband Is Crushing My Dreams by johncallidon(m): 8:09pm On May 08, 2018
bukatyne:

Chai!
You must be a very terrible boss.
After all the long tori, seen.
Lolls. That's all!
Re: I Sacrificed 7 Years Of My Life But My Husband Is Crushing My Dreams by KanwuliaExtra: 8:43pm On May 08, 2018
Awon “livingstones” ni.

I nefa read Linda Ikeji Blog, e come be “Livingstones”? undecided

Next please. kiss

1 Like

Re: I Sacrificed 7 Years Of My Life But My Husband Is Crushing My Dreams by Samuelgr8: 4:38pm On May 19, 2018
Every body start from somewhere...but LS is unique, we dont post every and all things. Daily people are reaching out to us becos of what they are benefiting. Any how you bad mouth us, we still love you shaa
KanwuliaExtra:
Awon “livindstones” ni.

I nefa read Linda Ikeji Blog, e come be “Livingstones”? undecided

Next please. kiss
Re: I Sacrificed 7 Years Of My Life But My Husband Is Crushing My Dreams by Angy55(f): 5:24pm On May 19, 2018
Woman don't listen to your husband on this, you have your kids already, thank God you ain't breast feeding any one.
Is time to pursue your career dreams that was on hold because of marriage. Accept the Job offer and do your thing.
What if the man start misbehaving tomorrow what would you fall back to?
And what if he is relieved of his job how are you going to cope with meagre salary coming in?

1 Like

Re: I Sacrificed 7 Years Of My Life But My Husband Is Crushing My Dreams by Samuelgr8: 8:01pm On May 19, 2018
nice one!
Angy55:
Woman don't listen to your husband on this, you have your kids already, thank God you ain't breast feeding any one.
Is time to pursue your career dreams that was on hold because of marriage. Accept the Job offer and do your thing.
And what if he is relieved of his job how are you going to cope with meagre salary coming in?

1 Like

Re: I Sacrificed 7 Years Of My Life But My Husband Is Crushing My Dreams by z11111: 11:35am On May 20, 2018
Cos she may regret if she does.

Angy55:

(1) (Reply)

If You Grew Up Without A Father,how Did you overcome / www.babefishing.com: The Nigerian Free Dating Site, To Find Nigerian Free Match. / World's Hairiest Girl, Supatra Sasuphan, Inspires Community To Look Beyond Appea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.