Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,259 members, 7,953,994 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:29 AM

11 Reasons Why Your Blog Isn’t Making Money And What To Do About It - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 11 Reasons Why Your Blog Isn’t Making Money And What To Do About It (424 Views)

Reliable Business: Secrets Of Making Money Exposed! / Learn A Technical Skills &start Making Money With LYNDA / Sorry, But A Hole-punch Display Isn’t Any Better Than A Notch Display (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

11 Reasons Why Your Blog Isn’t Making Money And What To Do About It by Naijatwist: 5:06pm On May 08, 2018
Home TOP LIST
TOP LIST
11 Reasons Why Your Blog Isn’t Making Money and What To Do About It
By Balogun Oluwambe - May 3, 201810 0

Does Your Blog Make Money?

I mean does it thousands of dollars per day / month – not a few measly cents!

Would you like to the ranks of Top Earning Blog owners?

What is stopping your blog make money right now?

In his book, The Richest man in Babylon, George S. Clason stated that:

1. Money is the medium by which earthly success is measured.

2. Money makes possible the enjoyment of the best the earth affords.

3. Money is plentiful for those who understand the simple laws which govern its acquisition.

OK, I know that some of you will point out that money is not the only measure of success (and I would agree) – but when it comes to the blogging business…

Money is the medium by which blog success is measured.

I meet a lot of bloggers and I review a lot of websites and when a blogger is not earning the reward they hoped for, chances are very high they are making a number of the following mistakes.

Do any of these apply to you?

11 Mistakes that are Preventing your Blog make money.

The following are the main reasons why most people fail to make money from their online business.

1. They Lack an Adequate and Workable Plan:

It’s not just enough to say that you want to be rich; you must also map out plans on how you want to achieve that. Saying that you need money is nothing if you don’t know how much you need and when you’ll need it.

The first thing is to desire the money and then, know how much you want.

Sometime ago, I asked some of my blogging friends what they want to achieve from their blogs and how they plan to make money from it. To my utmost surprise, most of them don’t even know what they want.

Before even starting your blog, it is pertinent that you map out your plans. You must first of all know how you plan to monetize it based on your chosen niche. Do you want to make money by……..

a) Creating and selling your own products

b) Selling other peoples products as an affiliate

c) Running Amazon associate program

d) Using contextual ad networks

e) Niche sites marketing

f) Offering your own services

g) And many more.

It all depends on your chosen niche. But the main thing is to know what you want and how you want to get it.

Apart from knowing how you’ll monetize your blog, you also need to have a content marketing plan and schedule.

If you want to succeed with content marketing then, you should always know when and what to publish at any given time.

Content marketing is no more all about writing articles either…

If that’s the way you’re still doing it today then, you will fail woefully. If you want your efforts to pay off then, every article you publish must have a goal. Its either you want the article to give you:

=> Social media shares

=> Get you some backlinks

=> Get you email subscribers

=> Land you some consulting gig

=> Help you to connect with some of the influencers in your community.

As Brian Dean said, just keep on producing the right type of contents and with time, your efforts will pay off.

right-content

One thing you need to be cognizance of is the fact that no successful blog on the internet became successful by accident.

As Social Media Examiner once said: Those who “wings it” when they blog are usually setting themselves up for failure.

Brian Harris noted in his recent post that one of the worst mistakes he made in 2015 was not having a content marketing plan. That mistake cost him so many ways.

So, the first thing to do right now is to get an Editorial Calendar and start learning how to use it to plan for your posts. Once you’ve known what your plans are, you need to ensure that you stick to it at all cost.

Bottom Line: The article should achieve something for you and your blog. If it does not, your time will be a waste.

2. They Do Not Properly Research Their Niche Before Starting:

Continue reading
https://twistvibes.com/11-reasons-why-your-blog-isnt-making-money-and-what-to-do-about-it/
Re: 11 Reasons Why Your Blog Isn’t Making Money And What To Do About It by Naijatwist: 6:39pm On May 10, 2018
Is your blog making money

(1) (Reply)

These Are The Toughest And Weakest Phones Currently Available. Number 3 & 11 Is / What You Need To Know About Injection Molding Machine And 3D Printing Machine / Top 10 Countries That Has The Biggest Aircraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.