Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,568 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Arsene Wenger Urges Arsenal To Appoint His Successor Soon - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsene Wenger Urges Arsenal To Appoint His Successor Soon (360 Views)

Arsenal Set To Appoint Mikel Arteta As New Boss / Alvaro Morata Ignores Arsenal Boss Arsene Wenger When Listing Best Managers / Petr Cech Reveals Major Difference Between Jose Mourinho And Arsene Wenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arsene Wenger Urges Arsenal To Appoint His Successor Soon by Sportxclusive: 5:52pm On May 08, 2018
Arsene Wenger says he has had plenty of job offers since announcing his plans to leave Arsenal this summer, but he remains no closer to deciding where he will go after his tenure ends.

The Frenchman has revealed his surprise at the number of offers which have come his way since it was announced he was leaving Arsenal and has warded off questions about who his successor at Arsenal should be, but agreed that the club should try to make an appointment well before the World Cup starts in June.

The 68-year-old has maintained he will take a break from football before deciding on his next move but revealed on Tuesday he has not been short of suitors since last month’s surprise announcement.

Asked if he had received any offers, Wenger replied: “Yes, more than I expected!

“At the moment I focus on doing my job well. I didn’t analyse anything or consider anything. I want to work well until the last day of my contract, and then after, I will rest a little bit and go from there.”

“What is for sure is that I will be active. My brain demands work and is active. I have a huge experience of management and people management. Overall, I will work. What will I do? I don’t know yet.”

Allegri, who is set to deliver a fourth successive Serie A title with Juventus, is reportedly the front-runner but there is also talk that the likes of Carlo Ancelotti and Luis Enrique – both currently out of work – could also be targeted.

“I think the earlier, the better,” Wenger said when asked if an appointment should be made ahead of the World Cup.”

“People want hope and they need as well to prepare for the next season. I must say the squad doesn’t need much, because there’s a huge potential in there.”

“There’s a good spirit, a good basis. It needs two or three additions and this team will compete for the championship next year.”

When pushed on whether he would approve of either Allegri or former Barcelona boss Enrique, Wenger added: “I know these guys are very competent and all good names.”

“I will be like every Arsenal fan, I will wait until they’ve made a decision and then afterwards support the guy in doing well.”
READ MORE:http://sportxclusive.com/2018/05/08/arsene-wenger-urges-arsenal-to-appoint-his-successor-soon/

(1) (Reply)

Between Super Eagles And Your Bet Stake At The World Cup Final / Daily Soccer Predictions PREDICTION (23/05/2018) / Ronaldo Makes Stunning Statement About Mohamed Salah: I Love Salah, He's Similar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.