Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

The Stupidity Of Nigerians: Why Can't 9ja Celebs Join Nairaland? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Stupidity Of Nigerians: Why Can't 9ja Celebs Join Nairaland? (623 Views)

PVC Age Controversy: Ifu Ennada 'I Marvel At The Stupidity Of Some Nigerians' / 14 Nigerian Celebs Who Are Allegedly Gays & Lesbians NO 5 Was Caught (with Pics) / The Shocking Dresses South African Celebs Wore To Feather Awards 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Stupidity Of Nigerians: Why Can't 9ja Celebs Join Nairaland? by frankwealth: 7:21pm On May 08, 2018
Good evening all....

There is something very sad I have noticed about Nigerians and black Africans which is part of the reasons why Nigeria has remained underdeveloped and may never develop beyond our imagination.

Nigerians don't celebrate their own. We love and celebrate Oyimbo things to the detriment of our own.

Nairaland as a forum has stood the test of time, and has grown so big to become one of the greatest forums and in fact social media + reliable news platform in Africa and the world at large but then, why are Nigerian celebrities and politicians not helping in uplifting Nairaland to international limelight no matter who owns it at least if it grows bigger, it will employ more Nigerian youths and contribute to our national development and image upliftment.

Why are Nigerian celebrities not bold to join nairaland and show it off

Nairaland has been a great source of promotion for Nigerian celebrities and entertainment yet these ungrateful souls don't deem it fit to join Nairaland and show it off to the world to help boost Nairaland image.

Believe me, if a Nigerian owned Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc, no Nigerian celebrity or politician will join, they will rather join dying Yahoo or MSN than join the one that's owned by Nigerian.

Imagine our president being so proud of flying out of Nigeria for medical checkup after all the promise he made to stop that shameful mission by our past politicians, we really need to change as a nation and a people.

Seun should add verified status and push for more Nigerian personalities to join Nairaland, its high time, Nairaland can't continue to be a hide and seek forum forever, it has come of age to become not just a forum but a social media too.

1 Like

Re: The Stupidity Of Nigerians: Why Can't 9ja Celebs Join Nairaland? by blackpanthar: 7:36pm On May 08, 2018
something is slightly wrong with u.... EVEN the OWNER OF NAIRALAND... is not SHOWING OFF... and he is a major celeb... yet u want the others to join and show off.

IT WILL SHOCK U THAT THEY ARE ON NAIRALAND but not using their real names or any name that can give them away. Am not talking about 10 celebs... I MEAN The main ones u know... that are still reigning... DAVIDO is one of those that gets his news from LINDA IKEJI, some other like tonto are on the BELLANAIJA Blog, and its all over the place... NO ONE HAS TO FLAUNT IT.

If they are here.. would it PAY THEM?
YOUTUBE PAY THEM
INSTAGRAM PAYS THEM
FACEBOOK PAYS THEM
TWITTER PAYS THEM
SNAPCHAT TOO

So here on NL, even FRONT PAGE and FIRST TO COMMENT will not pay anyone..... YOU OVERRATE NAIRALAND. many in Nigeria who are digitally inclined do not even know it exists.

CELEBS do NOTHING without the MONEY. If there is money being made here... they will show off.

I am into digital marketing and I can tell you, that any VERIFIED STATUS you see on INSTAGRAM is making money from adverts and followers...

So pls mind your own business till u become a celeb and you will leave NL too

frankwealth:
Good evening all....

There is something very sad I have noticed about Nigerians and black Africans which is part of the reasons why Nigeria has remained underdeveloped and may never develop beyond our imagination.

Nigerians don't celebrate their own. We love and celebrate Oyimbo things to the detriment of our own.

Nairaland as a forum has stood the test of time, and has grown so big to become one of the greatest forums and in fact social media + reliable news platform in Africa and the world at large but then, why are Nigerian celebrities and politicians not helping in uplifting Nairaland to international limelight no matter who owns it at least if it grows bigger, it will employ more Nigerian youths and contribute to our national development and image upliftment.

Why are Nigerian celebrities not bold to join nairaland and show it off

Nairaland has been a great source of promotion for Nigerian celebrities and entertainment yet these ungrateful souls don't deem it fit to join Nairaland and show it off to the world to help boost Nairaland image.

Believe me, if a Nigerian owned Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc, no Nigerian celebrity or politician will join, they will rather join dying Yahoo or MSN than join the one that's owned by Nigerian.

Imagine our president being so proud of flying out of Nigeria for medical checkup after all the promise he made to stop that shameful mission by our past politicians, we really need to change as a nation and a people.

Seun should add verified status and push for more Nigerian personalities to join Nairaland, its high time, Nairaland can't continue to be a hide and seek forum forever, it has come of age to become not just a forum but a social media too.
Re: The Stupidity Of Nigerians: Why Can't 9ja Celebs Join Nairaland? by Tiffbuxas: 7:44pm On May 08, 2018
We are here
Re: The Stupidity Of Nigerians: Why Can't 9ja Celebs Join Nairaland? by frankwealth: 7:51pm On May 08, 2018
blackpanthar:
something is slightly wrong with u.... EVEN the OWNER OF NAIRALAND... is not SHOWING OFF... and he is a major celeb... yet u want the others to join and show off.

IT WILL SHOCK U THAT THEY ARE ON NAIRALAND but not using their real names or any name that can give them away. Am not talking about 10 celebs... I MEAN The main ones u know... that are still reigning... DAVIDO is one of those that gets his news from LINDA IKEJI, some other like tonto are on the BELLANAIJA Blog, and its all over the place... NO ONE HAS TO FLAUNT IT.

If they are here.. would it PAY THEM?
YOUTUBE PAY THEM
INSTAGRAM PAYS THEM
FACEBOOK PAYS THEM
TWITTER PAYS THEM
SNAPCHAT TOO

So here on NL, even FRONT PAGE and FIRST TO COMMENT will not pay anyone..... YOU OVERRATE NAIRALAND. many in Nigeria who are digitally inclined do not even know it exists.

CELEBS do NOTHING without the MONEY. If there is money being made here... they will show off.

I am into digital marketing and I can tell you, that any VERIFIED STATUS you see on INSTAGRAM is making money from adverts and followers...

So pls mind your own business till u become a celeb and you will leave NL too

Say what you know my friend angry angry

YouTube pay them yes!

Twitter, Instagram and Facebook don't pay them a dime! It only helps them drive traffic which they caj monetize on their own by selling products or services or promoting sth and also to promote their brand and name which Nairaland does more when it comes to Nigerian promotion, and can do better if it gets wider audience and recognition.

In fact, every state government ought to have official handle on nairaland to pass verified info to their indigenes.

China is growing anything Chinese no matter what. Chinese govt banned Whatsapp some months ago while promoting wechat, qq, etc their own Chinese brands.

We all have a collective responsibility to grow our local businesses and brands no matter what.

We need more successful tech inspired businesses like Nairaland.

Of course I know they are here secretly, but enough of the hide and seek game.....they need to be proud of nairaland and it has nothing to do with Seun not showing his face, that's his business.

My concern is for us as a people and a nation to collectively change our mindset and begin to appreciate our own products and brands, that's the only way we can grow and encourage more young people to believe in Nigeria.
Re: The Stupidity Of Nigerians: Why Can't 9ja Celebs Join Nairaland? by ibori1(m): 8:14pm On May 08, 2018
grin

will u pipo kip kwayet
Re: The Stupidity Of Nigerians: Why Can't 9ja Celebs Join Nairaland? by neolboy(m): 8:38pm On May 08, 2018
And who told you they are not here?
They may be here with a different moniker or as a guest
Re: The Stupidity Of Nigerians: Why Can't 9ja Celebs Join Nairaland? by speedyconnect3: 8:46pm On May 08, 2018
So how does twitter and gram pay directly?
Re: The Stupidity Of Nigerians: Why Can't 9ja Celebs Join Nairaland? by Tamarapetty(f): 11:15pm On May 08, 2018
2M members, atleast one or two celeb fit dey here
Re: The Stupidity Of Nigerians: Why Can't 9ja Celebs Join Nairaland? by frankwealth: 11:27am On May 09, 2018
Tamarapetty:
2M members, atleast one or two celeb fit dey here
You guys are getting me wrong....read my initial post again...I know they maybe here....but why can't they be proud of nairaland as our own thing owned by one of us, to at least help uplift nairaland beyond where it is now...it will boost nairaland's image.

Why the hide and seek Meaning they aren't proud of nairaland, but they are proud of Oyimbo owned Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, etc, its a shame for us as a nation that we don't celebrate or embrace our indigenous products cry
neolboy:
And who told you they are not here?

They may be here with a different moniker or as a guest

(1) (Reply)

Royal Wedding See Photo Of Princes Harry And Meghan Meghan Wedding / Nicki Minaj Confirms Relationship With Eminem / Actress Adunni Ade Steps Out In Cleveage-Baring Outfit For Birthday Dinner. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.