Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation (19201 Views)

Floods At 3rd Mainland Bridge, Oworo Estate (Photos) / Election: Aerial View Of 3rd Mainland Bridge Without Cars / Kids Playing On 3rd Mainland Bridge After Being Shut (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by omoniomoade(f): 8:15pm On May 08, 2018
Only to repair? What if it were to be constructed newly? I laugh in Chinese for my country

2 Likes

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by blakky97(m): 8:17pm On May 08, 2018
dominique:
Dollars not naira? shocked
That's a lot, approx 18bn to repair a bridge. Can't they execute any project in this country without inflating the budget?
that amount can build 100 bridges
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by martineverest(m): 8:17pm On May 08, 2018
Oyindidi:
Quality nko?
3re mainland bridge of of high quality..it's been there for over 40yrs....it's far more expensive than London bridge

2 Likes

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by desmond2pk: 8:21pm On May 08, 2018
Lagos, center of shithole
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by syberplus(m): 8:23pm On May 08, 2018
TheAngry1:
Do we maintain this bridge every 2 years ni?

Just what I was about to type.. I just wonder
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by SoNature(m): 8:24pm On May 08, 2018
Mannylex:
What has happened to the 4the mainland bridge dream

Ambode is a joker.

No civilian government can construct a bridge of that magnitude

If not that the military executed 3MB, it wouldn't be possible

Nigerian leaders are terrible

2 Likes

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by SoNature(m): 8:25pm On May 08, 2018
fineboynl:
Chia another wastage. How come poorer countries are doing fine and better than nigeria? I was in togo lately and i was amazed how beautiful and develop things are over there. Beautiful road and steady eletricity. What happend to ngeria? How come things are so bad over here?

Nigeria and Nigerians are useless

Nigerians feed better when things don't work here...that's the answer to your question

2 Likes

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by asawanathegreat(m): 8:33pm On May 08, 2018
Good move by FG

2 Likes

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by Osgilliat(m): 8:35pm On May 08, 2018
fineboynl:
Chia another wastage. How come poorer countries are doing fine and better than nigeria? I was in togo lately and i was amazed how beautiful and develop things are over there. Beautiful road and steady eletricity. What happend to ngeria? How come things are so bad over here?

Comparing Togo with Nigeria. Kantinue
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by fineboynl(m): 8:39pm On May 08, 2018
Osgilliat:

Comparing Togo with Nigeria. Kantinue
what do you mean?
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by Omeokachie: 8:41pm On May 08, 2018
How much will it cost to build a new one?
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by skallion7(m): 8:42pm On May 08, 2018
On top wetin?
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by gonkin(m): 8:43pm On May 08, 2018
Thats way more money than the amount stolen in the italian job. I think its time international hackers start accessing Nigeria's accounts database. Abi all these movies we just watch them for nothing
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by gonkin(m): 8:44pm On May 08, 2018
Thats way more money than the amount stolen in the italian job. I think its time international hackers start accessing Nigeria's accounts database. Abi all these movies we just watch them for nothing. Money plenty like this yet the can't build refineries or improve the power sector so we could be driving electric cars

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by Lordchuks23(m): 8:48pm On May 08, 2018
That is good the bridge really need to be renovate
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by IkemChris(m): 8:50pm On May 08, 2018
What are they renovating with such huge amount of is it the same 3rd Mainland Bridge that is from Island to the Mainland or is the one linking Nigeria to Paris I am not understanding this ooooo government want to finish us oooo
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by sprints1: 8:51pm On May 08, 2018
trying to tell us the amount they av made from all toll gates in Lagos since January $53.6bn is not bad but they can't use it to repair bridge I know that
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by oluwasegun007(m): 8:53pm On May 08, 2018
How much would cost a new one....
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by Oyindidi(f): 8:53pm On May 08, 2018
martineverest:
3re mainland bridge of of high quality..it's been there for over 40yrs....it's far more expensive than London bridge
I didn't know. How old London bridge?
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by kayalla(f): 9:04pm On May 08, 2018
na wa for this Govt o. dem no go comot the bridge and put kpako there? we get plenty mouth to feed, pregnant women dying in hospital cos poor or no care.

God we dey ur leg o as the hand don full.
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by Bcbabe(f): 9:05pm On May 08, 2018
martineverest:
40 years?! How old are you ogbeni?! Bridge built in the late 80s is now 40 years old shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Iro yi popu cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

On serious note, the money too much sha.....they should kunkun build a new one! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by seunadeolu(m): 9:17pm On May 08, 2018
The US $52.6m worth of repair work contract has been awarded to an Italian construction firm, Borini Prono which constructed the bridge. ;

Same company repairing Oshodi towards abule egba road grin. You guys should expect consistent traffic jam during the period of renovation

3 Likes

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by martineverest(m): 9:20pm On May 08, 2018
Bcbabe:
40 years?! How old are you ogbeni?! Bridge built in the late 80s is now 40 years old shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Iro yi popu cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

On serious note, the money too much sha.....they should kunkun build a new one! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
true sha..but day kind of money can't build new one o
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by bigpicture001: 9:20pm On May 08, 2018
fashola THE minister of lAGOS!!!!!!
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by sirLeeem(m): 9:21pm On May 08, 2018
One day i'll drive my Benz on this Bridge!!!��
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by seunadeolu(m): 9:21pm On May 08, 2018
Stop Taking Codeine grin tongue

martineverest:
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by Harrynight(m): 9:23pm On May 08, 2018
$52.6m

Watch out by next yrs additional mouthwatering sum will be allocated in the name of completing this bridge rehabilitation.

APC sure know wat to put out to the public usin that to loot ur money
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by piagetskinner(m): 9:23pm On May 08, 2018
and they wouldn't even use up to half that amount to do the job...they'd share the rest amongst themselves

millionaires overnight...corruption everywhere
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by Ttipsy(f): 9:35pm On May 08, 2018
must Evey huge infrastructural spending be either Lagos or Abuja?? is Nigeria cursed? what happens to other cities? no light. no good roads, 65$ for just maintaining a bridge...
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by Wasky101: 9:36pm On May 08, 2018
ojmaroni247:
That's a lot... While the Niger bridge is yet to be completed, or the invisible Ogoni clean up or the white elephant bonny road. grin... The SS and SE done suffer

Niger bridge is 44% complete
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/04/second-niger-bridges-construction-hits-44-6/

We all know why Ogoni clean up is stalled

And we also know that the people who are supposed to benefit from the Bonny road are their own worst enemy.

https://leadership.ng/2018/02/23/fg-threatens-revoke-bonny-bodo-road-project/

All this facts are out there but you choose to be mischievous. Giving a little credit won't hurt you know. Never in my whole life as a Nigerian seen any government committed to delivering projects like this.
Yes we have a long way to go but this is a good starting point.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by chuckard(m): 9:44pm On May 08, 2018
eh..naija
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge In Nigeria To Undergo Us $52.6m Rehabilitation by chuckard(m): 9:44pm On May 08, 2018
how much e go cum take to do new one?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians In Georgia Any One Here In Georgia? / Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos / Types Of People You Will Meet In A Public Bus In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.