Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? (1626 Views)

It Is PDP Loyalists That Are Complaining Of Hardship Not Nigerians - Ngige / Anybody Complaining About Buhari Is Wasting His Time – Diya Oladipo / Stop Complaining And Bear Some Of The Hardship – Diezani Alison- Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by MandingoII(m): 4:15pm On May 21, 2010
Nigerians complain 24/7. But will not DO ANYTHING to improve your people lot.

Either STEP UP or shut up!
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by Seun(m): 4:15pm On May 21, 2010
What do you want us to do, specifically?
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by Kobojunkie: 4:16pm On May 21, 2010
Yes, what exactly should Nigerians do?
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by MandingoII(m): 4:22pm On May 21, 2010
MARCH IN THE STREETS!!!!!

PROTEST DEPLORABLE LIVING CONDITIONS

PROTEST OUTSIDE CORPORATIONS

PROTEST THE POLITICIANS

SHUT DOWN THE COUNTRY

PROTEST, PROTEST, PROTEST!

get in the STREETS!!!!
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On May 21, 2010
[size=14pt]ROFLMAO!!!!! [/size]  

poster, I think you ought to come up with a more reasonable list of what people need to do instead of what you have above.
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by sjeezy8: 4:27pm On May 21, 2010
dis mandingo guy smells like pork chops and onion gravey lol

coolaid drinking mofo
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by blacksta(m): 4:49pm On May 21, 2010
Wetin concern man with Mandog - Are u Nigerian?
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by MandingoII(m): 5:37pm On May 21, 2010
poster, I think you ought to come up with a more reasonable list of what people need to do instead of what you have above.

This is WHY you have NIGERIANS in the U.S.

Black Americans GOT IN THE STREETS and protested.

If you continue to stay PASSIVE you will CONTINUE to get MUGGED/ROBBED/AND KICKED IN THE ARSE.

then again, people like you would rather RUN YOUR MOUTH than change.

enjoy your blackouts undecided
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by MandingoII(m): 5:38pm On May 21, 2010
dis mandingo guy smells like pork chops and onion gravey lol

coolaid drinking mofo

I get the impression that you wanna sniff my nuts.
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by Ikengawo: 5:47pm On May 21, 2010
LOL to totally agree with mandingo

the complaining will never stop though, even if nigeria is perfect, they'll complain.
nigeria isn't even as bad as they want to make it seem. Ask any non nigerian that lives in nigeria, has lived there, or visits. I come to find my most productive conversations about nigeria are sadly with whites and black americans that have lived there or live there for years.

nigerians almost REFUSE to do something. This guy was blabbing on and on about how his local government chairman keeps stealing money openly and refuses to build the stuff he was commissioned to build. then he said because of this the youths are turning to criminals and all you have to do is give someone a crate of alcohol  and they'll assassinate anyone you want them too.

so i tell this slowpoke why not give someone a crate of beer to shoot this local government chairmen that's been ruining your entire community.

he was mind boggled.
i told him in any reasonable country if someone is behaving like that on a government level they would be shot. Dude told me cause i was in the US that i dont know how things work in nigeria lol

i told the douche bag that HE just told me how things work in nigeria, and if this guy was causing me enough pain to complain about for hours and days i would have his head blown off if it'll only cost me beer. They guy is indirectly causing the death of thousands of ppl and buying cars with your hospital and school money. Shoot him lol.

PRESIDENTS
in the US have been shot at for less.
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by Ikengawo: 5:52pm On May 21, 2010
I know that when im living in nigeria im going to have a rifle, and if anyone starts parading around my compound with stolen money i'll blown their phuokking head off lol. texas style, clean off the bone.

then when the police come i'll bribe them to leave me alone.

Nigerians don't know that THATS how it works in nigeria.
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by spikedcylinder: 5:56pm On May 21, 2010
@poster.

rather electric blackout than permanent blackout. . .
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 21, 2010
ok. Yeah. 'We need to Step Up'

but ehm, bout protesting. I laugh in zulu. Even if you were to chain yourself to Aso Rock's gate, no one would listen to you

Nigerian army or police know nothing about 'crowd control'. People normally get killed for no reason.

Problem with Nigeria is recycled leaders. . .same name for 10-20+ years. Electorate need to vote for change in the long term

and not some leader that'll pay them peanuts while unborn generations bear the brunt of economic hardships as a result of someone's greediness.

i believe if education was made absolutely compulsory some of this problem would be reduced.
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by MandingoII(m): 6:48pm On May 21, 2010
Nigerian Students should LEAD THE CHARGE.

Instead, they Lead in SEPARATING themselves from others and LOOKING DOWN on other nigerians.

Our Educated Black Students CHANGED America.
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by Meddler(f): 7:14pm On May 21, 2010
I actually agree with you OP. It's time we stepped up and started holding our govt accountable. If you're ready to start a protest march i will be right behind you grin.
I have read so many interesting topics on NL and really great ideas. Only wish there was a way we can make all our ideas and voices heard on the streets.

NL will be a force to be reckoned with if we could pull something of that nature off grin
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by blacksta(m): 7:15pm On May 21, 2010
MandingoII:

Nigerian Students should LEAD THE CHARGE.

Instead, they Lead in SEPARATING themselves from others and LOOKING DOWN on other nigerians.

Our Educated Black Students CHANGED America.

Coming from a chap  - that has issues with Nigerians or Nigeria  - I will be carefully receiving advice from this Man and Dog specie  - I hope this is not grand scheme from America to unsettle Nigeria  - I suspect you want more oil.
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by ziga: 7:50pm On May 21, 2010
I agree with poster too.

If we put half the energy used to complain or argue into trying to change the things we don't like, we will have made a lot of progress.
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by Ikengawo: 8:10pm On May 21, 2010
Just shoot them. if someone runs in your house and tries to steal your shoes or food in the night you would shoot them if you had the power. so why would you permit someone to ransack your entire community of everything they're worth then parade past your house in cars youve never seen before?

shot him. hire some unemployed youths blow his brains on a discount. so that the next guy come into power wont mess around, and surrounding leaders get the hint. Shoot him.

looting wont stop till someone shots these people. true talk.
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by bgees(m): 8:17pm On May 21, 2010
I agree with Mandingo. Let's do it like the did in Iran after the elections. I'm not saying its sure to work but lets just try.
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by edoyad(m): 9:00pm On May 21, 2010
Israelites protested while in the wilderness and what did they get for their noble action ?

People have been protesting against the apartheid Israel has dishing to Palestinians , what has changed ?

Green peace protesting against Japanese whaling, and what ?
Abeg let's enjoy our manna gratefully jare.
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 21, 2010
donspony:

ok. Yeah. 'We need to Step Up'

but ehm, bout protesting. I laugh in zulu. Even if you were to chain yourself to Aso Rock's gate, no one would listen to you

Nigerian army or police know nothing about 'crowd control'. People normally get killed for no reason.

Problem with Nigeria is recycled leaders. . .same name for 10-20+ years. Electorate need to vote for change in the long term

and not some leader that'll pay them peanuts while unborn generations bear the brunt of economic hardships as a result of someone's greediness.

i believe if education was made absolutely compulsory some of this problem would be reduced.
Says who? I paticpated in all the Save Nigeria group Rallies and Lobour rallies, infact the Police protected us from Thugs leading us safel to our destination and back. They were so polite and friendly, a group of thug hired by the other side tried to attack but the police controlled them. In lagos it was the same. infact the Last one where the National assembly was barricaded, we pushed the Police and they did not shoot, they did not even beat us with batons or sparay tear gas.
Same thing someone will say if you say they should vote, during the last LG elections in Abuja "Educated people refused to come and vote yet tmr they will say local governement chairmen are rogues, how wont he steal when he has to pay professional voters to come and vote. See long queues in Nyayna and Maraba.
Nigerias will ot even drive to INEC to collect thier voters card
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by tayoast(m): 11:06pm On May 21, 2010
hw abt we do The Red Shirts vs Govt thingy.
Like its happening in Thailand?

Impossible!
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by MandingoII(m): 3:19pm On May 22, 2010
hw abt we do The Red Shirts vs Govt thingy.
Like its happening in Thailand?

Impossible!

you are a[b] DEFEATIST[/b]

I wouldn't want to be anywhere near you.

Your tongue speaks of death instead of hope.
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by Kobojunkie: 3:22pm On May 22, 2010
He is a defeatist? You suggested protesting and he is suggesting the same . . . . why is he a defeatist and you not? You are both suggesting people protest.
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by tayoast(m): 3:24pm On May 22, 2010
MandingoII:

you are a[b] DEFEATIST[/b]

I wouldn't want to be anywhere near you.

Your tongue speaks of death instead of hope.

r u alright?
wat makes me a defeatist?
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by MandingoII(m): 3:57pm On May 22, 2010
He is a defeatist? You suggested protesting and he is suggesting the same . . . . why is he a defeatist and you not? You are both suggesting people protest.

sorry,

I cannot read pigim english.
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by Kobojunkie: 4:03pm On May 22, 2010
And here I thought for we could get something serious out of you for once. . . nevermind then, carryon!
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by MandingoII(m): 4:24pm On May 22, 2010
And here I thought for we could get something serious out of you for once. . . nevermind then, carryon!

yeah well, you might want to TURN YOUR ATTENTION toward your Kleptocracy.
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by yeswecan(m): 4:35pm On May 22, 2010
I agree with the poster . . But we are missing a point that is we are the main problem not the leader . Our leaders from this get-go of this union were socially constructed by the followers . .
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by OAM4J: 5:04pm On May 22, 2010
aisha2:

Says who? I paticpated in all the Save Nigeria group Rallies and Lobour rallies, infact the Police protected us from Thugs leading us safel to our destination and back. They were so polite and friendly, a group of thug hired by the other side tried to attack but the police controlled them. In lagos it was the same. infact the Last one where the National assembly was barricaded, we pushed the Police and they did not shoot, they did not even beat us with batons or sparay tear gas.
Same thing someone will say if you say they should vote, during the last LG elections in Abuja "Educated people refused to come and vote yet tmr they will say local governement chairmen are rogues, how wont he steal when he has to pay professional voters to come and vote. See long queues in Nyayna and Maraba.
Nigerias will ot even drive to INEC to collect thier voters card

I agree with you aisha.

Change will come when we demand for the right things, protest against bad leadership and ensure we have the people we want as our leaders.

In addition to coming out to vote, we must protect every single vote and ensure they count.
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:16pm On May 22, 2010
@Poster  grin

Putting our collective grunts into aggressive action has always been a long-known need. Nigerians are not lost on the fact that all strata of leadership from Corporate-Political-Traditional-Religious-Family in this country is rotten to the core (save for a few die-hard honest ones). We have known this since the times after Independence yet we have grown very comfortable with intellectual rants and discourse around the matter of corruption. My 4month old baby has a cough from the fumes of generators that growl all day and all night long. yet intellectuals feel that all problems can be solved at some round-table conference. a meeting of between the intelligent and the dullards. Africa's largest nation also boasts of the largest group of the world's most docile (happiest) citizenry

A Protest March means NOTHING to the cruel and evil leadership of this country, neither will our silent voices on nairaland or rancid cries in churches make any difference. The Leadership of this nation is like a demon that has found an empty home in the minds of Nigerians. a home without a father who can protect his family, a home in confusion and poverty (of the mind) a home without an ounce of fight in its tenants.

We can rabble-rouse all we want and it will not make a difference to the fortunes of this Great fallen nation. Like most BLACK African nations whose leaders have enslaved the minds of its people, Nigerians are no different, filled with rage, disappointment, poverty and ill-health. all these tribulations are not enough to cause a revolution and the evil leadership of this country knows that. We are all a bunch of docile, helpless citizens. to quote Fela, "One yeye ball wey one yeye breeze dey blow from one yeye corner"

The answer lies in a quote from the Bible

Matthew 12 'From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force.'

Ever notice that when the evil leadership of this country wants anything, it is by force and deception. We are bringing up the best minds in the youths of this nation to come up against a government that obviously cares little for the survival of the youths. (evidenced in the massive failures in a once pivotal exam)

As long as we keep talking they will keep doing BY FORCE. i dare say our docility will be the death of us
Re: When Are Nigerians Going To Stop Complaining And Start Doing? by Ade2K8(m): 8:42pm On May 22, 2010
@MandingoII

Agree with you totally - although not sure why you disagree with the Thailand route;  it's absolutely what we need to do.  It's been said that a people get the govt they deserve - and it's amply true in Nigeria. We complain, hiss, curse and do absolutely nothing. A few protests here and there are a good start but we need sustained civic action to put some fear into our so-called leaders. But like Fela said in one of his songs (forget which) - "[b]my people sef too fear,  i no wan die, i just build house, i wan chop small, pickin dey for schoo[/b]l"   As long as we wait for the other guy to act first, we are trapped in inertia.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Can’t Fight Boko Haram / If We Must Bring Back Subsidy, It Could Be Done This Way / My Friend Where Is Anini?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.