Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,637 members, 7,958,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:40 AM

America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize (2159 Views)

President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post / Buhari Nominates Adeleke Adewolu As Sunday Dare’s Replacement At NCC / Buhari Nominates Anthony Ojukwu As NHRC Boss, Writes Senate For Approval (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by sarrki(m): 9:49am On May 09, 2018
During the visit recently to White House president Buhari said president trump should be nominated for novel prize .

He said made the statement while due to his conviction that president trump really deserves it on the great work on the Korean Peninsula.

Donald Trump has been formally nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize for the US President's efforts to solve the North Korean nuclear tensions.

A group of 18 of Mr Trump's biggest Republican supporters in the House of Representatives sent a letter to the Norwegian Nobel Committee urging it to consider Mr Trump for next year's award in recognition of "his tireless work to bring peace to our world."

Mr Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un are working out the details of a historic summit that could take place by the end of May or early June.

Yet an agreement by which the North would give up its nuclear weapons and allow for the world to confirm it still appears far off. The United States has reached aid-for-disarmament deals with North Korea before, but they've ultimately failed.

Recent comments from the leaders of the two Koreas have raised hopes.

But as remarkable as the imagery and symbolism have been recently, many analysts point out that it is too early to speculate on the outcome of ongoing negotiations with a regime that has been led with an iron fist by the Kim dynasty for nearly 70 years.

"It's surreal in the sense that it's clearly premature to be talking about giving anybody a Nobel Peace Prize," said Aaron David Miller, a former US diplomat and negotiator in several Democratic and Republican administrations.

But "if in fact the diplomacy goes the right way," the scenario is "conceivable," he told AFP.

The Nobel chatter also reflects an impassioned debate taking place over the exact role of America's president in the ongoing diplomatic overtures.

On both sides of the US political divide, the reasoning has bordered on the absurd, with one camp asserting that Mr Trump played no part in the ongoing detente on the Korean peninsula, while the other attributes it solely to his intervention.

In Washington's fevered political climate - in which "it's virtually impossible for one party to give credit to the other" - Mr Trump's personality and "inability to think about the 'we' rather than just the 'me'" is further reinforcing the antagonism, Mr Miller said.

"The aversion to giving him the Nobel on the Democratic side is caught up in the aversion to him."

The award of the prize to Mr Trump's Democratic predecessor, just a few months after he took office, had itself aroused surprise and strong reactions.

"I am at the beginning, and not the end, of my labors on the world stage," Barack Obama said on December 10, 2009 in Oslo, as he acknowledged "the considerable controversy" surrounding the committee's decision at the dawn of his first term.

Beyond Mr Obama, three other US presidents have received the award: Theodore Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson and Jimmy Carter.

Anticipating the Trump-Kim summit, and the protracted diplomatic negotiations that lie ahead, some have opted for a humorous approach.

Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank penned a spoof acceptance speech by Mr Trump, complete with the leader's trademark verbal tics.

"The haters and the liars say I don't deserve this award.... Wrong!" said Milbank's Trump.

"I was, like, really smart, when I made peace with Rocket Man. By calling him short and fat and saying I would totally destroy him with fire and fury from my big and powerful nuclear button, I got him to negotiate."

For Mr Trump's fervent supporters, the looming summit with Kim - all but unimaginable just months ago - is proof that his often-impulsive presidency can break through barriers, change the rules of the diplomatic game, and succeed where his predecessors have failed.

Mr Trump's supporters on Capitol Hill are pushing the idea that he deserves a Nobel, and Mr Trump clearly enjoyed it Saturday when supporters at a Michigan rally began chanting "Nobel" as he talked about North Korea.

Indiana Rep. Luke Messer made the suggestion in the letter sent to members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee on Wednesday, signed by 18 Republicans.

The letter said that North Korea has long ignored international demands to cease its aggressions but that Mr Trump's "peace through strength policies are working" and bringing North Korea to the negotiating table.

It said the Trump administration united China and others in imposing strict sanctions.

"The sanctions have decimated the North Korean economy and have been largely credited for bringing North Korea to the negotiating table," the nomination letter stated.

Mr Messer is running for the Senate in Indiana, where support for Mr Trump has become a litmus test for Republican voters.

The lawmakers who signed the letter are among the most conservative in the House. The group includes several other lawmakers who are also running for governor or senator in Republican-leaning or strongly GOP states.

Among them: Rep. Marsha Blackburn, who is running for a Senate seat in Tennessee; Rep. Kevin Cramer, who is running for the Senate in North Dakota; Rep. Evan Jenkins, who is running for the Senate in West Virginia; and Jim Renacci, who is running for a US Senate seat in Ohio. Rep. Diane Black, another signatory to the letter, is running for governor in Tennessee

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/03/donald-trump-formally-nominated-nobel-peace-prize-tireless-work/amp/
Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by kobosmart(m): 9:50am On May 09, 2018
grin dumb asses think alike
Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by Ichokwu: 9:52am On May 09, 2018
Please can we get a link of where Buhari made a call for Trump to be given a nobel prize.

It is a grave insult to say that American lawmakers heeded Buhari's call on anything.

11 Likes

Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by sarrki(m): 10:02am On May 09, 2018
Ichokwu:
Please can we get a link of where Buhari made a call for Trump to be given a nobel prize.

https://mobile.twitter.com/foxnews/status/991012822783086595
Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by sarrki(m): 10:03am On May 09, 2018
Ichokwu:

It is a grave insult to say that American lawmakers heeded Buhari's call on anything.

President Buhari is a great and respected leader across the globe
Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by Ichokwu: 10:07am On May 09, 2018

5 Likes

Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by Ichokwu: 10:08am On May 09, 2018
sarrki:

That is why Trump scolded him like a toddler.

11 Likes

Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by sarrki(m): 10:16am On May 09, 2018
Ichokwu:

That is why Trump scolded him like a toddler.

Really?

President trump says

“ I have Great Respect For President Buhari “

1 Like

Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by CarlosTheJackal: 10:22am On May 09, 2018

11 Likes

Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by Ichokwu: 10:26am On May 09, 2018
sarrki:

Really?

President trump says

“ I have Great Respect For President Buhari “

He also said that he will not tolerate the killing of Christians again.

7 Likes

Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by sarrki(m): 10:30am On May 09, 2018
Ichokwu:

He also said that he will not tolerate the killing of Christians again.

Let’s stop hypocritical about this stuff

We are all human

Christians are not the only one been killed in the country

It’s been used as a political tool in the hands of pdp and cohort

The truth is human being are killed by criminals in any name you want to call it

4 Likes

Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by kimjongJezebel: 10:31am On May 09, 2018
sarrki is back with lies and asslicking. Are you competing with Liar Mohammed?

4 Likes

Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by sarrki(m): 10:33am On May 09, 2018
kimjongJezebel:
sarrki is back with lies and asslicking. Are you competing with Liar Mohammed?

When confused lazy youths are confronted with facts and figures

They become more confused

2 Likes

Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by omowolewa: 10:34am On May 09, 2018
Okay, achieved
Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by troublemakea(m): 10:46am On May 09, 2018
sarrki:

so US had to heed to Nigeria before getting nomitated

sarrki sha lol your foolishness is irredeemable and extraordinary grin

7 Likes

Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by sarrki(m): 11:56am On May 09, 2018
troublemakea:

so US had to heed to Nigeria before getting nomitated

sarrki sha lol your foolishness is irredeemable and extraordinary grin

You lack what I call sense of reasoning

If not a great leader like ours

Said it in rose garden and the whole world is listening

Enemies of the state are bunch of confused people
Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by kimjongJezebel: 12:06pm On May 09, 2018
sarrki:

When confused lazy youths are confronted with facts and figures
They become more confused

Sarrki you are my friend, take it easy with abuse OK?
Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by sarrki(m): 12:08pm On May 09, 2018
kimjongJezebel:

Sarrki you are my friend, take it easy with abuse OK?

Feedback taken
Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by madridguy(m): 12:10pm On May 09, 2018
Sarrki Yaso

sarrki:

Feedback taken
Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by sarrki(m): 12:11pm On May 09, 2018
madridguy:
Sarrki Yaso

Yes brother

Once am through will hala you
Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by madridguy(m): 12:13pm On May 09, 2018
Will be expecting your call sir.

sarrki:

Yes brother

Once am through will hala you
Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 12:21pm On May 09, 2018
sarrki:

We are all human

The truth is human being are killed by criminals in any name you want to call it
Muslims they kill Christians and that is the fact

1 Like

Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by orisa37: 12:25pm On May 09, 2018
Trump deserves The Prize !!!
Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by sarrki(m): 12:29pm On May 09, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

Muslims they kill Christians and that is the fact

Brother am a Christian I don’t want us to thread that dangerous path
Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by maestroferddi: 12:32pm On May 09, 2018
Illiteratus!

Which one is "novel" prize?
Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by sarrki(m): 12:35pm On May 09, 2018
maestroferddi:
Illiteratus!

Which one is "novel" prize?

Mr I too know check the headings
Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by SalamRushdie: 12:54pm On May 09, 2018
Sarki should know that he can't keep abdicating his duties as he pleases grin cheesy...Bro where have you been ..I Don miss you gan...you know say we prefer your type of zombie to that one Buhariguy....welcome Sir

1 Like

Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 09, 2018
grin
Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by Ichokwu: 1:27pm On May 09, 2018
sarrki:

We are all human

Tell that to Donald Trump grin

1 Like

Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by sarrki(m): 6:57pm On May 09, 2018
Ichokwu:

Tell that to Donald Trump grin

Pmb is the most respected Nigeria president of all time
Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by sarrki(m): 6:59pm On May 09, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Sarki should know that he can't keep abdicating his duties as he pleases grin cheesy...Bro where have you been ..I Don miss you gan...you know say we prefer your type of zombie to that one Buhariguy....welcome Sir

Bro I was on long Ban for reasons I can’t even place my hand on

Outside the shore of the country for now to return soon
Re: America Lawmakers Heed The Call Of Buhari,nominates Trump For Noble Prize by SalamRushdie: 7:03pm On May 09, 2018
sarrki:

Bro I was on long Ban for reasons I can’t even place my hand on

Outside the shore of the country for now to return soon

Damn ....You never insult on this forum so I wonder why ...anyway welcome and wish U safetrip back .

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Before And After Pictures of A 14.1KM Ikpe Ikot Nkon/Obotme/Arochukwu Rd by Udom / 2019 Election: PDP Presidential Rally In Jos, Plateau State... Live Updates / Alleged Election Rigging: Atiku, PDP Leaders Show Video Proofs To Abdulsalami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.