Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,088 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

South Africans - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africans (323 Views)

South Africans React As Nigerian Man Threatens To Retaliate In Boko Haram Style / Nigerians Must Go - South Africans Say On Facebook (Screenshots) / South Africans React To President Buhari's Meeting With President Ramaphosa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

South Africans by briandaman(m): 10:39am On May 09, 2018
Travelling around west africa has made me realise how people in africa view south africans. Xenophobic. Arrogant. Ignorant and don't consider ourselves africans. All these views have shocked me and saddened me in many ways. Xenophobia is not only a south african problem it's a world wide thing. But not all south africans are xenophobic infact we are some of the most tolerable people in Africa. I mean we have pretty much neglected our borders so that african people can just come in easily and enjoy whatever south africa has to offer. If we were xenophobic we would have made our borders have electric fences or build a wall. We are humble and not arrogant, the reason why our pride and knowledge of being african is because of apartheid, it has driven our mentality away from being one with africa. Same thing has happened to the african Americans with slavery. But as the years go on we are becoming more and more enthused about being one with Africa. So all these views are just wrong
Re: South Africans by ojdollars(m): 11:01am On May 09, 2018
briandaman:
Travelling around west africa has made me realise how people in africa view south africans. Xenophobic. Arrogant. Ignorant and don't consider ourselves africans. All these views have shocked me and saddened me in many ways. Xenophobia is not only a south african problem it's a world wide thing. But not all south africans are xenophobic infact we are some of the most tolerable people in Africa. I mean we have pretty much neglected our borders so that african people can just come in easily and enjoy whatever south africa has to offer. If we were xenophobic we would have made our borders have electric fences or build a wall. We are humble and not arrogant, the reason why our pride and knowledge of being african is because of apartheid, it has driven our mentality away from being one with africa. Same thing has happened to the african Americans with slavery. But as the years go on we are becoming more and more enthused about being one with Africa. So all these views are just wrong

What part of SA are you from?

(1) (Reply)

Heavy Rainstorm: Rivers Begs Federal Government's Intervention / Nigeria’s Records $24.1bn Foreign Investment In 2 Years / Kogi Speaker Tasks Muslims To Pray For Nigeria And Kogi State During Ramadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.