Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

I’m Praying Kwankwaso’s Return To PDP — Shekarau - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Praying Kwankwaso’s Return To PDP — Shekarau (694 Views)

Ganduje, Oshiomhole Meet Shekarau (More Photos) / Oshiomhole, Tinubu And Ganduje In A Meeting With Shekarau (Videos & Pictures). / Trouble In Kano PDP: Shekarau Holds Rally With Sacked EXCO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’m Praying Kwankwaso’s Return To PDP — Shekarau by DAILYNIGERIAN1(f): 2:31pm On May 09, 2018
A former governor of Kano State, Ibrahim Shekarau, has expressed hope that his political arch rival, Rabi’u Kwankwaso, would return to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Mr Shekarau spoke against insinuation that he would return to the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, if Mr Kwankwaso returns to PDP.
The former minister of education told BBC Hausa Service on Wednesday that he would want the senator representing Kano Central to return to PDP in order to dislodge APC.
He denied the rumours that he met Mr Kwankwaso on the possibility of returning to PDP, saying ” Since 2011 when we met at airport, we have never met each other again.”

“I did not defect to PDP from APC because of Kwankwaso. It is not true that we discussed his intention to return to PDP. But I will wish and pray Kwankwaso and the like will return to PDP.

“Their return will give the party the power to dislodge APC,” he said

Mr Shekarau also stressed that there was not rift between him and Mr Kwankwaso.

On his recent declaration to contest for presidency in 2019, Mr Shekarau revealed that he had formerly informed PDP of his decision since August, last year.

He boasted that he could defeat president Muhammadu Buhari dispite his popularity.

He added that if elected as president, he would perform better than Mr Buhari in terms of human and infrastructural development.

Asked if he had the financial strength to contest for the exalted seat, Mr Shekarau recalled that he defeated the ruling PDP in 2003 and became a governor when he did not even have the money to fuel his campaign vehicles.

READ MORE ON: https://dailynigerian.com/im-praying-kwankwasos-return-to-pdp-shekarau/

Re: I’m Praying Kwankwaso’s Return To PDP — Shekarau by marwanafrica: 3:33pm On May 09, 2018
Nigerian politician ehnnn, dey no get shame at all

(1) (Reply)

2019: Atiku Appoints Gbenga Daniel Presidential Campaign DG / President M. Buhari Democracy Day Speech (life Update) / Innoson Motors is a Major Beneficiary of Buhari Govt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.