Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,807 members, 7,831,632 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

IG Of Police Idris's Snub Of Senate Invitation: Buhari Threatening Democracy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IG Of Police Idris's Snub Of Senate Invitation: Buhari Threatening Democracy (288 Views)

Ex-Governor Tired Of Senate, Aspires To Be APC National Secretary - The Nation / Amosun: I Won’t Rule Myself Out Of Senate Presidency / Suspended Senator Omo-Agege Thug Runs With The Mace Of Senate (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

IG Of Police Idris's Snub Of Senate Invitation: Buhari Threatening Democracy by IkayMOVE(m): 4:30pm On May 09, 2018
Police IG Idris Ibrahim snubs Nigeria Senate the third time... Is IG of Police not setting dangerous precedent for democracy ?

By Ikechukwu Emeka Onyia

Is it not better this Inspector General of Police resign and face his private life ?

When IG of Police cannot honour the invitation from the highest assembly of the people of Nigeria in our Democratic set up , then the democracy dies !

This Buhari regime is everything " Threat to Nigeria Democracy " !

Which other Democracy will her Senator or law making organ invites the police head and he or she will ignore the invitation is not Nigeria under President Buhari ?

I pity those that will try to see this development from Partisan , tribal or religious angle .

Where are we heading to with our democracy ?

May I remind our President that he is not heading Military Govt where his words are law without question . Even in Military govt IG of police honour invitation from Army Force Ruling Council .

National Assembly are the engine room of Nigeria democracy because it is the only arm of the govt that exist once we are into democracy and they represent Nigerians .

This is not about the personality of the leadership of the Senate , but the institution of the Senate !

What precedent are this govt setting ?

Before is too late , we are losing it ! How can the head of Police snub Senate invitation in era when killing is ongoing almost everyday across the country ?

Dont IG also aware that he can use the opportunity to seek synergy with the Senate on how their Parliamentary Policy intervention can help in protecting Nigerians in a time like this ?

How did we get into this in our democracy biko ?

It is of note that the Senate later resolved to declare IGP, Ibrahim Idris Persona non grata (an unacceptable or unwelcome person).

Said that the IGP is not fit to hold any public office in Nigeria or any other country.

For me , he is endangering democracy and Nigerians should watch him .

Ikechukwu Emeka Onyia ©2018
Abuja , Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Andy Uba’s Blackmailer: Bailiff Effects Substituted Service On Uwajeh / Dtsg Assures Of Enabling Environment For Agriculture / Army Repels Another Terrorist Attack, Kills Six In N’east

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.