Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,704 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React (21158 Views)

Sammie Okposo And Wife, Ozzy Celebrate 11th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Dencia Shades Wizkid & Jada Pollock, His Manager Turned Baby Mama (Photo) / Dencia Steps Out In Bathrobe For Early Morning Interview On TVC,Lagos (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by pocohantas(f): 5:04pm On May 10, 2018
Chukapage:
but you quoted all of it which makes me assume u read it all but have to pretend in other to avoid that question ..anyway swerve I can't be wasting my energy on an intellectually poor lady with false sense of entitlement.. bye!!

I expected you to get the memo since...bye boy kiss
No time for nonsense grin
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by daveP(m): 5:21pm On May 10, 2018
It's pity...

say something rational now and the common side of the ladies aka "I didn't think of it that way" pops up.

Both saving to get great, responsible kids is what should be the joy of any parent out there. It's their opinion anyway....
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by OlivetBen(m): 5:36pm On May 10, 2018
DrObum:
Them complain give una?

Abi una dey find where to go scatter again?

Una don spoil market for girls wey no marry, them do feminism full house, una don dey target those wey dey husband house.

How a husband and wife chooses to conduct their life, time and finances ain't anybody's business.

abi oo

isn't this the reason celebrities don't last in marriages.

1 Like

Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by Thegamingorca(m): 5:46pm On May 10, 2018
pocohantas:

You think I will read this? grin grin

You wish!

shocked those feet tho shocked

Dey look delicious

1 Like

Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by Fkforyou(m): 6:58pm On May 10, 2018
ShyCypher:
Okay. But when the man stays at home as a Househusband, will he get paid too?
Or is this another hypocritical feminist move that aims to favour only one gender?

Why is it that Nigerian feminists bring up stupid issues that when reversed, they cannot take?
I really want us to adopt this method. But no woman should wail when her husband decides to sit at home and demand benefits too.

What is good for the goose should also be good for the gander.
That's Gender Equality - the true one.

This can only work in theory.... grin

In real life, these same biitches would call him all sort of names, his wife would treat him like trash....T-bills is a perfect example.. angry

Only women are entitled to benefits... undecided
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by victrick105: 7:43pm On May 10, 2018
eph12:

Fact: You can pursue career and take care of a family at the same time. You can also plan a marriage, get married and have kids while having a career.

You think it takes 2-3 years to pursue ones dream and get it? What kind of dream is that abi what do you mean by doing right thing at the right time?

Guys that don't ask about their spouses' dreams and career are the foolish ones. Go to the village and pick a girl if you don't want one that wants to make it big in her professional field. Stop assuming that every lady should end in the kitchen.

so if they can pursue a career and still take care of the family, why the heck are the women complaining... and please, I never said the place of a woman ends in the kitchen, don't misquote me
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by eph12(m): 7:49pm On May 10, 2018
victrick105:

so if they can pursue a career and still take care of the family, why the heck are the women complaining... and please, I never said the place of a woman ends in the kitchen, don't misquote me
The complaint I know is that most husbands think their responsibilities starts and end in making their wives pregnant and providing money. That's nonsense.

Its a partnership not a kingdom with a ruler.
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by Evidora27: 8:21pm On May 10, 2018
Faithway10:
Singer Waje,TV personality, Eku Edewor, and Cameroonian singer and Beauty entrepreneur, Dencia have all reacted to tweets by writer, Ozzy Etomi that house wives should be paid salaries by their husbands.

According to Ozzy, housewives should insist on pension payment. Part of her tweets read;

"Husband is away, Nanny had an emergency, had to work from home today while handling an extremely precocious 10 month old. I'd pick going to work over

staying in with a baby/toddler all day. Stay at home mom's dont get enough appreciation, admiration or respect. PAY YOUR WIVES.

I truly believe stay at home mothers should earn a salary, paid by their husbands. I dont want to start another twitter war, so instead I will write an article about this because I can ignore medium comments smiley I also believe they should insist on pension payments.
"

Waje wrote;

"I agree...... not a bad thing to empower a stay at home mum financially. Being a stay at home mum is a full time job"

Dencia wrote;

"But don’t most couples have joint accounts the money you use to buy clothes, shoes etc can be saved right? Why get paid to raise your own children? When them kids u raise turn out fine,isn’t that ur jackpot as a mom? Maybe it should be , the same way kids have saving accounts, dad should put some $$ in mom’s account too."

Eku Edewor wrote;

"I think it depends on so many factors and usually something that should be discussed before whoever takes on which role. If you marry later, I expect savings to be in place. If a partner agrees to stay home wether they receive additional money for 'personal savings' depends on the earning power of the partner. If partner is wealthy and you don't choose to have a joint, then sharing funds is in separate accounts is a sign of respect and the fact that you're giving your partner the same financial freedoms you have. Also if the family is wealthy, stay at home has more support and in this day and age working from home actually can be inspiring, when you have help, you are freed up to be creative with your time .Also if stay at home feels trapped, is that a marriage they wish to be in, in the first place. If you really want savings from a stingy partner that has in excess and partner doesn't share, start inflating your budgets and keeping the excess as savings! Lol, it's both your money. If the case is that one must stay home as family are unable to afford help, nanny, cook, etc i think after rent, power, food, fees has been handled there is hardly anything left for either to have extra to save but rather all extra should be saved for the benefit of family in long run. So many factors to consider really and so many diff examples but it's all choice at the end of the day."

What do you think?

See more here; https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/05/housewives-should-be-paid-salaries-waje-dencia-eku-edewor.html

jokers...Pension my A**
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by bukatyne(f): 11:03pm On May 10, 2018
go4success:
As a woman, you must find something to do to contribute to humanity. I have dreams and aspirations, and I wouldn't want my bio to simply read- Full time housewife, mum of three.'
No matter your location, there's a gap waiting for you to fill or a problem you can solve. Doing that will make you an important part of society. You gave up your career because of the kids, so what next?
When my family moved to the outskirts of Lagos, I was excited that we finally have our own building. But then I realized that both of us cannot continue to face Lagos traffic everyday, while we abandon the children. One of us have to stay back and probably find something to do within that vicinity.

As an educator, I approached my kid's school and offered to take the children creative writing and phonics based on my experience from the international School where I was working in Lagos. Thankfully, they were also using the British curriculum. Afterwards, I opened a kiddies store that became a force to reckon with in that community. I made friends in school and get to interact with the parents of the children I teach and my customers. Most people count on me to get their kids the trending stuffs, especially back to school items.
The amazing part was having the time to take care of my kids and making an impact. I didn't lose my personality to become an housewife. I have since taken a break from teaching in order to take some courses and empower myself to be on the same level with my previous colleagues. I earn as a writer and from my store, so I'm not a burden to my husband.
I know stay at home mums that engage in handwork and home businesses. Women should realize that they have a destiny to fulfill. Be creative and hard-working.
There's always something to do out there. And the social media and internet has made everything easy. But if you think they're for uploading the pics of your perfect life and the nice things your family have, you're have not discovered your purpose in life.

I like your story.

However, an housewife is one who has no other source of income. All she does is care for the family.

I am clearing this so that a married Linda Ikeja would not say that she is an housewife.
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by bukatyne(f): 11:10pm On May 10, 2018
@OP:

I agree with the sentiments of the conversation starter.

An housewife (with the agreement of the husband) must be paid a (salary, allowance?) monthly depending on the income of the husband if they do not have joint account.

Funny how everyone praising Dencia did not realise that she assumed that there was a joint account in place. How many Nigerian wives have a joint accessible account or know their husband's actual salary is a table I do not want to shake.

In other places where the model of housewifry is practiced, the wife is the custodian of financial resources and allocate as she deems fit with the input/consent of her husband.

Others are given substancial money periodically to do as they like if there is no joint account.

Other husbands gift her a fund generating venture so she can take care of herself.

We truly copy things without understanding the workings.

2 Likes

Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by Caris77: 12:16am On May 11, 2018
Its a matter of understanding reached on both ends. If the said wife is willing to work or even got a job but was stopped by hubby cos of kids , then i see no wrong with hubby paying wife monthly. Morever if some ppl can afford giving nanny or care givers monthly payments why not ur wife ? It also shows appreciation on the part of the man.
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by go4success(f): 3:15am On May 11, 2018
Thanks, I agree with you. I just believe there is something you can still do while hubby is off to work and the kids are off to school. For now some people that are not close to me think I'm a full-time housewife, since I took a break from teaching. I have someone at the store so I don't go often. I'm mostly at home from morning when the kids go to school till they come back. Most of my study and writing are online based and there's WhatsApp and Telegram to discuss business. So when I switch on the gen, neighbours think I'm watching African Magic. But once I'm done with my chores, I'm online to quickly acheive one or two things. I have the house to myself till four in the evening. That's enough time to be productive. Being an housewife is great, but one can also find something to do, that won't affect the care of the children. And the fact is, you can't spend twenty-four hours everyday taking care of the children. I tried it once, I was so bored. It was that period of my life I realized that- "an idle hand is the devil's workshop."
bukatyne:

I like your story.

However, an housewife is one who has no other source of income. All she does is care for the family.

I am clearing this so that a married Linda Ikeja would not say that she is an housewife.

Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by SoapQueen(f): 5:41am On May 11, 2018
Coldfeets:

It's either you write:
I am learning a new lesson.
Or
I'm learning a new lesson, assuming you want to abbreviate it.
But never
Am learning a new lesson.
Only idiots write like that.
...Your moniker is "Coldfeets" not "Coldfeet". Who is the idiot here?

2 Likes

Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by phenom666(m): 3:35am On May 12, 2018
eph12:

The complaint I know is that most husbands think their responsibilities starts and end in making their wives pregnant and providing money. That's nonsense.

Its a partnership not a kingdom with a ruler.

U are a woman but u act as a man. Low self esteem b*t*h. Remove ur phone number from ur profile. Old cargo.
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by eph12(m): 6:26am On May 12, 2018
phenom666:

U are a woman but u act as a man. Low self esteem b*t*h. Remove ur phone number from ur profile. Old cargo.
cheesy cheesy grin

So much bitterness. Take it easy boy before you get yourself killed.
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by phenom666(m): 3:44pm On May 12, 2018
eph12:

cheesy cheesy grin

So much bitterness. Take it easy boy before you get yourself killed.
I hate women acting like men and men acting like women. Pls change ur profile to a (f) and defend females not (m).

Am not against feminist but I can't marry one's. I better die Dan to wed ur type of woman that is so bitter and harden about life. Sister life is sweet try to enjoy it and stop trying to take d place of a man that what scare me off about your type.

Pls go and married and stop fighting nairaland guys we are innocent, no b us make u life to b dry. Sorry for d guy or guys that broke ur heart my sincere apology.

Now get lost.
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by eph12(m): 5:13pm On May 12, 2018
phenom666:

I hate women acting like men and men acting like women. Pls change ur profile to a (f) and defend females not (m).

Am not against feminist but I can't marry one's. I better die Dan to wed ur type of woman that is so bitter and harden about life. Sister life is sweet try to enjoy it and stop trying to take d place of a man that what scare me off about your type.

Pls go and married and stop fighting nairaland guys we are innocent, no b us make u life to b dry. Sorry for d guy or guys that broke ur heart my sincere apology.

Now get lost.
I'm sure any sane person will think you're the female here because the way you're nagging and ranting is alien to men. Take it easy before you injure yourself.

Anyways why this feeling of insecurity? Why do you feel threatened by a working or successful lady? Try to work on yourself brother. E go better no worry
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by phenom666(m): 1:21am On May 13, 2018
eph12:

I'm sure any sane person will think you're the female here because the way you're nagging and ranting is alien to men. Take it easy before you injure yourself.

Anyways why this feeling of insecurity? Why do you feel threatened by a working or successful lady? Try to work on yourself brother. E go better no worry

I no blame u I blame ur family especially ur single mother that ur papa left behind.

I will build my future a big shop for herself but she must b submissive.

submissive
adjective
ready to conform to the authority or will of others; meekly obedient or passive.

Not ur type that can't cook... Very abusive.... Living a fake life trying to impress other and completes with ur fellow gals. I pity d man that will marry u. Walking corpse. Death sentence.

Feminist or feminism is a big no for me expect, u want to b my baby mama or side chick if not u go wait tidying.
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by eph12(m): 7:07am On May 13, 2018
phenom666:

I no blame u I blame ur family especially ur single mother that ur papa left behind.

I will build my future a big shop for herself but she must b submissive.

submissive
adjective
ready to conform to the authority or will of others; meekly obedient or passive.

Not ur type that can't cook... Very abusive.... Living a fake life trying to impress other and completes with ur fellow gals. I pity d man that will marry u. Walking corpse. Death sentence.

Feminist or feminism is a big no for me expect, u want to b my baby mama or side chick if not u go wait tidying.

It's the poor lady you want to turn to slave that we're pitying. No sane educated lady will want to have anything to do with someone that nags like you.

You have problem with ladies going to school and having a good career, that's why you want to build a big shop. I don't have any issues with that. It's a good thing, it's your business.

But you need to work on yourself a lot. You feel threatened by successful people, I'm sure even to guys like you. You must have passed through a lot when growing up, that's if you're grown up already sef.

This is the last time I'll reply you. The way you type makes me think you're not more than 19-22 years. You still have a lot to learn. You shouldn't be bothering yourself with a submissive wife yet.

1 Like

Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by phenom666(m): 12:56pm On May 13, 2018
eph12:

It's the poor lady you want to turn to slave that we're pitying. No sane educated lady will want to have anything to do with someone that nags like you.

You have problem with ladies going to school and having a good career, that's why you want to build a big shop. I don't have any issues with that. It's a good thing, it's your business.

But you need to work on yourself a lot. You feel threatened by successful people, I'm sure even to guys like you. You must have passed through a lot when growing up, that's if you're grown up already sef.

This is the last time I'll reply you. The way you type makes me think you're not more than 19-22 years. You still have a lot to learn. You shouldn't be bothering yourself with a submissive wife yet.

Miss feminist using male profile... There is no job anywhere in Nigeria especially the east where am from. If She is want to b a school teacher no problems fine by me.

Most successful women in d corporate work are prostitute I know what am talking about like the bank's will have now using women to sleep about.

Cee woman no man want to marry an ex prostitute or a current run girl like u hiding as working class having sex with ur boss.

Yes I will marry a young woman and set a business for her... If u like drop dead and die no b me send u go find job Miss feminist equal right bitch and pls change ur profile to (f).

U can't cook or clean but u want to marry u... Na ur type that need house help lazy bi*CH that why husband sleep with their house help because d poor gal do everything in d house from cooking and cleaning y she no go warm d man bed.

Madam pls change this ur stupid believe if not u go old for ur papa house. American Gal's hardly marry especially d black American becus they can't do anything... They all prostitutes, no value that y they end up as baby mama or single mother's.
B very careful with this ur feminist rubblish that u act here. Nigerian men will beat nonsense out of u. Law no dey this country oooo.

Woman a way to a man heart is no sex its food And men love a woman that look clean- clean in d sense that is she is notprostitute and must be submissive if not u go wait come next world.

Thank God my galfriend know her place she cook, clean etc not this rubblish being am talking to, acting like a man while u are woman supporting every woman right whether how wrong is it u Go still support.

Gal like ur type end up single or better still baby Mama. If any man marry u, he must divorce u. Working class my ass. Go and ask American men why this many divorce today in they society and he will tell u y. Ask d Black American guy why so many baby mama and he will tell how empty they Gal's are.

Sister u better shut up u know nothing.
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by mynhanngu93(f): 9:27am On May 14, 2018
anywoman who agrees to be an housewife no get sense smiley smiley smiley
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by Coldfeets: 12:10pm On May 15, 2018
SoapQueen:

...Your moniker is "Coldfeets" not "Coldfeet". Who is the idiot here?

Why are you getting so defensive?

I hope you are not one of those idiots I AM trying to teach simple English?

When I was about to register on nairaland with the monniker coldfeet, I discovered it was already taken.

But I still like the name.

So, I went ahead to add the -s.

Which you'll agree with me, made the monniker even more eye-catching, right?

Now you know, you've got any problem with that? wink
Re: Ozzy Etomi: "Husbands Pay Housewives Salaries" - Waje, Dencia & Eku Edewor React by billionguy(m): 1:15pm On Aug 20, 2019
man dont dull urself after every sacrifices, these heavenly ignored candidates want payment 4 their future benefits no wonder, out of ten graves u c outside houses 8 or 9 wil be men's grave oh what a vanity world and scammed called marriage tragedy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yemi Alade rocks Iconic live on stage at Dance Afrique Summerfest 2015 / Toyin Aimakhu Pictured With Zahra Buhari At Rhythm Of Hope Festival of Art / Uche Ebere Agu Shares Throwback Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.