Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well (40802 Views)

Things Are Happening....is This For Real / Yoruba Nation Mega Rally In Oyo Going Well Pray For Our Boys / When Was The Scariest Moment Of Your Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by Angelfrost(m): 2:21pm On May 11, 2018
Well, I believe we need to begin to re-assess and critically review our narrow-minded definition of success. The belief that having a bank account brimming with several figures (regardless of how this money is gotten) makes one a success story is terribly misguided. No matter how much effort you put in, not every one will become kings, presidents, CEOs, managers, governors, etc. The key is to truly understand your calling in life, and follow it tenaciously, success will inevitably follow and overtake you... I kind of disagree on that age thing of below or above 30. Certain people may not find their niche in life till even middle age (Do your research into the history of great men and world leaders). Mark Twain put it in few words: "The 2 most important days in a man's life are: the day he is born, and the day he finds out why". In all, wonderful post op.

4 Likes

Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by PointZerom: 2:25pm On May 11, 2018
There's no time frame for one to be wealthy or poor. That 'poor' man may become wealthy tomorrow and that wealthy man can become poor tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by fakot(m): 2:25pm On May 11, 2018
Millz404:
Word
grin
Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 11, 2018
what if you don't have friends@no1
Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by YomiTee123(m): 2:32pm On May 11, 2018
gbayii
Fabolousibk1:
Let me quickly add my own...
No 3...Get a laptop with good internet connection
No 4...wake up.. Don't sleep... SASE gbowo.. Shana wole
Lobatan... grin

1 Like

Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by Ceede: 2:33pm On May 11, 2018
Adieza:
Why Does A Bucket Of Water Gets Heavier?

It is easy to carry a 10 liters bucket of water for 20 meters. Right? Now carry the same bucket of water for 1 kilometer. The bucket starts getting heavier and heavier as you go along. Did the bucket really got heavier or you got weaker? Why did you get weaker? Because you didn't prepare hard enough for the exercise.

If you think your life is not going well. The fact is, it is your fault. You have to take responsibility for it. This is very hard talk coming from me because I have gone through hard times myself. Most of the bad things that happened to me were my fault.

For one thing, I was not prepared enough for some things I did. Sometimes, I didn't have the knowledge. Or I didn't listen to sound advice or ignore lesson learned from past experience. Later on the bucket got too heavy and I had difficulty to carry it. I took responsibility for it and did my post-mortem examination and fix the problem and moved on. I know it wasn't witches, spirit or any other thing. Most of the time, the cure was to go back to the drawing board.

If you are over 30 years old, chances are, you are not prepared enough to carry your life bucket of water. You will stay poorer as you get older. The reason is you are not prepared for wealth. Pray all you want. I can guarantee it. But however, you still have a chance.

“Opportunity comes to the prepared mind.”
— Charlie Munger

If you are under 30 then you need to listen carefully. The day you were born you started dying already, whether you like it or not. The question is, how soon would you die. God doesn't make the exception for you or me. It is nature and the cycle of life. The question is what do you want to do before you die.

What is the point of being alive, if you don’t at least try to do something remarkable?
– John Green

If you feel your life is not going towards the right direction there are two things you must do today.

1) Change your friends.
There is a saying: Show Me Your Friends and I Will Show You Your Future.
You are either a person under the yoke of bad friends or you are a bad friend. How do you know this? If your life is not going like you want and you feel you cannot change your friends then it is possible you might be the bad friend that is stopping the others from moving ahead in life, It could be you that needs changing for the rest to move forward.

2) Start taking massive actions.
There is nothing like massive action. Anything in the universe will break if you put massive action to it.

Unfortunately, most of our people don't understand this concept.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=372469639925817&id=158338594672257
Op!!!, if you carry bucket of water, n you were able to move faster it means Action is more than reaction but when both REACTION N ACTION is equal something will "happen" next time look for a good example to back your story up. Action n Reaction is not perfect.
For that reason, I will never kowtow in your powwow.
Thank you.
Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by PointZerom: 2:35pm On May 11, 2018
Angelfrost:
Well, I believe we need to begin to re-assess and critically review our narrow-minded definition of success. The belief that having a bank account brimming with several figures (regardless of how this money is gotten) makes one a success story is terribly misguided. No matter how much effort you put in, not every one will become kings, presidents, CEOs, managers, governors, etc. The key is to truly understand your calling in life, and follow it tenaciously, success will inevitably follow and overtake you... I kind of disagree on that age thing of below or above 30. Certain people may not find their niche in life till even middle age (Do your research into the history of great men and world leaders). Mark Twain put it in few words: "The 2 most important days in a man's life are: the day he is born, and the day he finds out why". In all, wonderful post op.
Well said dear, one of my uncles that stays at Aba was a write off even at 50. But he managed to send his son to USA, today he's a wealthy man.
Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by MZTALILO(m): 2:48pm On May 11, 2018
True talk
Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 11, 2018
thank you writer. our future shall be great in Jesus name.
Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 11, 2018
PointZerom:
Well said dear, one of my uncles that stays at Aba was a write off even at 50. But he managed to send his son to USA, today he's a wealthy man.

life is a mystery
Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 11, 2018
Ceede:
Op!!!, if you carry bucket of water, n you were able to move faster it means Action is more than reaction but when both REACTION N ACTION is equal something will "happen" next time look for a good example to back your story up. Action n Reaction is not perfect.
For that reason, I will never kowtow in your powwow.
Thank you.

try to get the point. don't raise objections and make amends if any
Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 11, 2018
Four40:
what if you don't have friends@no1

I don't keep friends too
Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 11, 2018
PointZerom:
There's no time frame for one to be wealthy or poor. That 'poor' man may become wealthy tomorrow and that wealthy man can become poor tomorrow.

you are right, I love your perspective
Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 11, 2018
Angelfrost:

okay thanks
Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by kia88(m): 3:07pm On May 11, 2018
Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by adodofemi(m): 3:14pm On May 11, 2018
joshuaarmani2:
As much as this one tries to sound intelligent, he made a poor job of it.

No one formula for success.
Besides success is relative. We don't define success the same way.
You nailed it bro.Where did the op drop time and chance?.....
Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by Supreme01: 3:26pm On May 11, 2018
good motivation
Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by hollarhotan(m): 3:49pm On May 11, 2018
Writers urgently needed please text me. 07068024817
Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by Smony: 4:20pm On May 11, 2018
fud fr tot. 9ce one Op
Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by Dom123(m): 4:44pm On May 11, 2018
Nice piece of writting. show me ur friend and i will tell u who u are.
Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 11, 2018
Angelfrost:
In ops opinion Jose Mujica is a colossal failure. Funny enough this kind of thinking is why there is a lot of poverty in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by FakeAccount(m): 5:22pm On May 11, 2018
3. Check your village people grin
Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by godfrey01(m): 5:44pm On May 11, 2018
i was expecting to see be prayerfull and also pay your tithe. it has now ball down to me to know that success in life does not only depend on prayer but your actions towards things you do.
Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:18pm On May 11, 2018
chukzyfcbb:
Young black nigga trapped and he can't change it

Know he a genius, he just can't claim it

'Cause they left him no platforms to explain it

How long should I stay dedicated?

How long before Opportunity meets preparation?

#Sounds easy to say but hard to stick to
if it were ready every one wud do it
Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by djon78(m): 8:08pm On May 11, 2018
Angelfrost:

You can say it again. Some people made it in their mid life.
Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by djon78(m): 8:13pm On May 11, 2018
Dom123:
Nice piece of writting. show me ur friend and i will tell u who u are.

True, thank God for blessing me with some serious wise friends and advisers, most especially recently.. There are kind of advice you will receive like this, belle go dey sweet you.
I mean sound, wise and life transforming advice. I really thank God.
Re: 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well by Horjay12(f): 1:28am On May 12, 2018
Adieza:
Why Does A Bucket Of Water Gets Heavier?

It is easy to carry a 10 liters bucket of water for 20 meters. Right? Now carry the same bucket of water for 1 kilometer. The bucket starts getting heavier and heavier as you go along. Did the bucket really got heavier or you got weaker? Why did you get weaker? Because you didn't prepare hard enough for the exercise.

If you think your life is not going well. The fact is, it is your fault. You have to take responsibility for it. This is very hard talk coming from me because I have gone through hard times myself. Most of the bad things that happened to me were my fault.

For one thing, I was not prepared enough for some things I did. Sometimes, I didn't have the knowledge. Or I didn't listen to sound advice or ignore lesson learned from past experience. Later on the bucket got too heavy and I had difficulty to carry it. I took responsibility for it and did my post-mortem examination and fix the problem and moved on. I know it wasn't witches, spirit or any other thing. Most of the time, the cure was to go back to the drawing board.

If you are over 30 years old, chances are, you are not prepared enough to carry your life bucket of water. You will stay poorer as you get older. The reason is you are not prepared for wealth. Pray all you want. I can guarantee it. But however, you still have a chance.

“Opportunity comes to the prepared mind.”
— Charlie Munger

If you are under 30 then you need to listen carefully. The day you were born you started dying already, whether you like it or not. The question is, how soon would you die. God doesn't make the exception for you or me. It is nature and the cycle of life. The question is what do you want to do before you die.

What is the point of being alive, if you don’t at least try to do something remarkable?
– John Green

If you feel your life is not going towards the right direction there are two things you must do today.

1) Change your friends.
There is a saying: Show Me Your Friends and I Will Show You Your Future.
You are either a person under the yoke of bad friends or you are a bad friend. How do you know this? If your life is not going like you want and you feel you cannot change your friends then it is possible you might be the bad friend that is stopping the others from moving ahead in life, It could be you that needs changing for the rest to move forward.

2) Start taking massive actions.
There is nothing like massive action. Anything in the universe will break if you put massive action to it.

Unfortunately, most of our people don't understand this concept.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=372469639925817&id=158338594672257

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Lagos socialite, Iyalode Bankole died today, Hours before daughter’s Wedding / Huge Python Killed In Ofoni, Sagbama Bayelsa State (Pictures) / Temidayo Joseph, Nigerian Schoolboy Hangs Himself In The UK (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.