Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Photography At Its Best - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Photography At Its Best (1651 Views)

Photography At Its Best..(pictures That Take You Into Reality) / Wow! Creatitity And Advertisement At Its Best, You Will Be Shocked!! / x (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photography At Its Best by freshera: 2:43pm On May 22, 2010

Re: Photography At Its Best by freshera: 3:18pm On May 22, 2010
More pics.

Re: Photography At Its Best by freshera: 3:30pm On May 22, 2010
More

Re: Photography At Its Best by freshera: 3:36pm On May 22, 2010

Re: Photography At Its Best by freshera: 3:40pm On May 22, 2010

Re: Photography At Its Best by freshera: 3:40pm On May 22, 2010

Re: Photography At Its Best by freshera: 3:41pm On May 22, 2010

Re: Photography At Its Best by sojioguns(m): 8:09pm On May 22, 2010
Beautiful!!! Love em!
Re: Photography At Its Best by freshera: 3:10pm On May 26, 2010
GidiNoize interviews Jide Alakija

1.CAN YOU TELL US A BIT ABOUT YOUR BACKGROUND(EDUCATIONAL/FAMILY)?
- I was brought up in Warri. I studied Mechanical Engineering at Imperial College London. My parents were both in the Petroleum business. My dad was a medical doctor to industrial patients while my mother was a chemical engineer on a refinery.

2.GROWING UP,WHO WERE YOUR INFLUENCES?
-Michael Jackson, My cousin Femi, my friends Deji and mates from Shutterchance.

3.WHO OR WHAT INFLUENCED YOU TO BE A PHOTOGRAPHER?
- I think I’ve naturally responded positively to captivating images. I’ve also been impacted by beauty of different parts of the world. I’ve felt the need to somehow capture some parts of my experience for memory. Having spent a lot of time with an artist and a photographer around me such as my good friend Mista Skee and Duane Bong who were passionately into their photography it was only a matter of time before I would be influenced.

4.WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH THE CAMERA?
- recently (2004 Nov) I bought a Sony C1 point and shoot camera. This was gonna be the next gadget in the series I had collected over the year towards my hobby.

5.ARE YOU A SELF TAUGHT PHOTOGRAPHER OR YOU HAD SOME TRAINING?
- yes I am self taught. That’s how I learn best. Mainly through trial and error.

6.WAS IT HARD CONVINCING YOUR PARENTS THAT PHOTOGRAPHY WAS WHAT YOU WANTED TO DO?
- no it wasn’t hard at all. They were very supportive. I’m quite thankful to them.

7.WHAT TYPE OF PHOTOGRAPHY ARE YOU INTO?
- I’m not into any particular type of photography as such. I just like to create images.

8.WHAT TYPE OF CAMERA DO YOU USE AND WHY?
- I’m a Canon man. Mainly because my friends, Mista Skee and Duane had them too.

9.WHATS THE INSPIRATION BEHIND THE PICTURES YOU TAKE?
- I’m not usually looking for any particular thing however I’ve been told that like images that have a story behind them.

10.HOW MANY PICTURES WOULD YOU SAY YOU TAKE TO FIND ”THE RIGHT ONE”?
- this is a very subjective question, a lot of the time luck determines this. The number is dependent on many factors occuring during the situation. If my subject is still then one shot if they move one shot too. Its about catching what is known as the “the decisive moment”

11.HOW DO YOU DECIDE ON LOCATIONS AND OBJECTS?
- this is usually decided by my client for commercial work. For personal work, I tend to look for places that have interesting subjects.

12.DO YOU HAVE A PHOTOGRAPH YOU LIKE BEST OUT OF YOUR COLLECTION?
- no, not really.

13.IS THERE A PARTICULAR PLACE YOU’LL LIKE TO TAKE A PICTURE OF IN FUTURE?IF SO,WHERE?
- Buckingham Palace.

14.DO YOU HAVE A GALLERY WHERE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHS ARE DISPLAYED OR ANY PLANS ON GETTING ONE?
- no I don’t. No I don’t plan on getting one either.

15.ARE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR SALE IF SO WHERE CAN THEY BE PURCHASED?
- yes they are ALL for sale. You’ll have to contact me directly for pricing. my email address is info@alakija.com

16.WHAT WILL YOU SAY HAS BEEN THE GREATEST MOMENT OF YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY CAREER SO FAR?
- it would either be when I was asked to photograph Wole Soyinka or my time with Ngozi Chimanada Adichie

17.OUTSIDE THE PHOTOGRAPHY SCENE, WHO IS JIDE ALAKIJA?
- I’d like to think of myself as a normal, thinking dude who loves his ewa more than many things.

18.APART FROM PHOTOGRAPHY DO YOU HAVE OTHER AREAS OF INTEREST?
- Yes, meeting people.

19.WHAT IS YOUR VISION FOR JIDE ALAKIJA PHOTOGRAPHY?
- I want to continue to explore the channels of image creation and continue to share that with my followers.

20.WHAT ADVICE DO YOU HAVE FOR UPCOMING PHOTOGRAPHERS?
- be patient and understand your tool. Don’t be a copy cat.

21.ANY LAST WORDS FOR YOUR FANS?
- thank you for your support. Its because of you that I do this mostly.

Re: Photography At Its Best by freshera: 3:23pm On May 26, 2010
More of his pictures

Re: Photography At Its Best by freshera: 3:39pm On May 26, 2010

Re: Photography At Its Best by freshera: 3:43pm On May 26, 2010

Re: Photography At Its Best by freshera: 3:49pm On May 26, 2010

Re: Photography At Its Best by freshera: 3:54pm On May 26, 2010

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A Designer Without Going To Any Design School / Photos Of Beautiful Baby With Apple Ipad Air / How To Get Affordable Illustrator And Indesign Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.