Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,569 members, 7,958,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:43 PM

Ghana Star Don Bortey Claims He Is Better Than Ronaldo - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Ghana Star Don Bortey Claims He Is Better Than Ronaldo (365 Views)

Is Mess I Greater Than Ronaldo?? / Who Is Better, Aguero Or Henry? / Mourinho Claims Pogba & Ibrahimovic 'in A Good Position' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ghana Star Don Bortey Claims He Is Better Than Ronaldo by WILLIAMSKECH: 6:11pm On May 11, 2018
Ghana star Bernard Don Bortey claimed he was a better player during his active playing days than Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo, according to report in the Football Ghana.

Bortey spent nine years with Hearts of Oaks where he won four League title, the Ghanaian forward also emerged as the Ghana league joint top scorer in the 2001-2004 season.

Bortey won one CAF Confederations Cup title in 2004.

He was Nicknamed "Dong Dada Diouf" a reference to Senegalese forward El Hadji Diouf due to a similar style of play and his dyed hair.

The 35-year-old revealed he nurtured the ambitions of becoming the World’s best footballer in his playing days.

"I was better than Cristiano Ronaldo in my prime. My ambition was to win the world best player award," Don Bortey said in an interview with Zylofon FM.

The tricky attacker was also capped twenty-seven times for Ghana’s senior national team, scoring nine times for the Black Stars.

(1) (Reply)

EPL : Liverpool Vs Brighton On Aug 13 , 2018 at 3:00 pm / Follow This Thread I'll Be Sharing Bet Codes, Correct Scores, 2 Odds Plus / Paok Salonika Vs Chelsea On Thurs 20th Sept @ 5:55pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.