Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Iwu's Fraudulent History And Nigeria's Democratic Future - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iwu's Fraudulent History And Nigeria's Democratic Future (1051 Views)

Saraki Is Being Witch Hunt An Embarrassment To Nigeria Democratic System / Nigeria Democratic Liberty Forum Protest March. Join Us! / Iwu's Fraudulent History And Nigeria's Democratic Future (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iwu's Fraudulent History And Nigeria's Democratic Future by mazaje(m): 1:38pm On Mar 17, 2007
[b] Dear Saharareporters List Members,

Since we first broke the news about Prof. Iwu's fraudulent background, the Nigeria media have kept a suspicious and conspiratorial silence until now when the acclaimed Professor of "Herbal Medicine" has shown his true color. He has secured for Mr. Emmanuel 'Andy' Uba -another fraudulent character- an "oppononent -free" electoral contest in Anambra State and disqualified candidates not favored by President Obasanjo and members of his "Kitchen Cabinet". There is a history to Professor Iwu's dubious ways as documented by Saharareporters.

University of Bradford says Prof. Iwu never did an Undergraduate degree at their university

By Omoyele Sowore
www.saharareporters.com
Latest e-mail exchanged with saharareporters by the University of Bradford indicates that INEC Chairman, Maurice Iwu did present a "Certificate of Pharmacy" obtained from the National University of Cameroun, Younde in 1968 contrary to his claims that he never studied in Cameroun. The university spokesperson also refutes the 1972 story, instead he stated categoricaly that Iwu arrived at the University of Bradford on May 10 1974.

Full e-mail below:

'' Your most recent enquiry has been passed to me by my colleague Richard Wheelhouse. Following enquiries by your colleague Omoyele Sowore last week, I feel it is my place to pick this up from here. I have read your article and see that there are some serious allegations and some contradictory statements being made about Mr Iwu's qualifications. I hope the following information will be sufficient to satisfy your enquiries.

1. I can confirm beyond doubt that Mr Iwu did NOT take an undergraduate degree at the University of Bradford. In a student registration form for his Masters course, he declares that his date of arrival in the UK was 10 May 1974, ruling out any involvement with the University prior to this date.

2. In terms of his admittance to the masters course, the following was taken into consideration: Mr Iwu's record states that he achieved a 'Certificate en Pharmacien' from the Universite Federale ou Cameroun Younde, which he stated he completed in 1968.

Mr Iwu also undertook a six month preliminary (or access) course in Pharmacy in 1974 to ratify his knowledge and skills and prove he was able to undertake the masters programme. As part of this preliminary course, he passed a qualifying examination equivalent to Special Honours Pharmacognosy. This paper was examined by Professor J W Fairbairn of London University who concurred with the marking and approved his registration to the Masters course at Bradford.

I hope this is satisfactory. If you have any further requests for information, please get back in touch with me in the first instance. If you wish to quote any of the above in an article, please refer to the source of the information as 'A spokesman for the University of Bradford."

Previous Story:

Prof. Maurice Iwu: Full details of communication between Sowore and Bradford University

Following spirited attempts by Prof. Maurice Iwu, to run away from the truth regarding his academic qualifications, we hereby tender to our readers a full copy of our communication(s) with the University of Bradford, Bradford UK.

* In order to reduce the amount of time wasted on this very important story, we have requested via a text message to Professor Maurice Iwu (INEC Chairman)a letter of authority addressed to University of Bradford at the Department of Pharmacy authorizing Bradford to release his academic records to Saharareporters. So far he has refused to acknowledge our request let alone grant the request.We are still waiting.

Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 1:14 PM
To: O Tipper
Subject: RE: Maurice Iwu

Dear Oliver:

Thank you very much for the assistance thus far. It is well appreciated.
As you cited the restrictions as dictated by the British Parliament Protection Act of 1998 on the disclosure of personal data or information, we understand that you are not are able to go further with the release of the requested information.
However on the issue of degree verification, since the British Parliament Protection Act of 1998 does not bar you from speaking on this issue - then we would want to know whether Bradford do degree verification as of 1975, if so, was this particular student's degree verified?

-Omoyele Sowore

To: sowore@*****
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 14:21:08 +0000

Omoyele

I don’t think I can help you with your enquiries any further. The University of Bradford has legally provided you with all the details it can about this individual, but under the British Parliament’s Data Protection Act 1998, we are not permitted to disclose personal information relating to students that does not concern the University.

Regards

Oliver

Oliver Tipper
Senior Press Officer
Marketing and Communications
University of Bradford (UK)
BD7 1DP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 23 January 2007 17:11
To: O Tipper

Dear Oliver

Thanks for your good help in clarifying the date of admission. It is highly appreciated. I have been involved in getting degree verification done in the US as a reporter for a while, but it was a bit challenging getting it done with your school until you came on board. If you don't mind helping further, we would like to know which university in Cameron issued Mr. Maurice Iwu with the undergraduate Pharmacy degree that Bradford admitted him with in 1975. When was this degree issued in the 60's (please include possible Month and year)? To enable us complete our report/profile, we would be contacting his undergrad university. Does Bradford do degree verification as of 1975, if so was this particular student's degree verified?
Please endeavor to help clear this final part so that can proceed to conclude this matter on schedule.

Accept our regards and thanks for your excellent and prompt communications.

Omoyele Sowore

> From: O.Tipper@Bradford.ac.ukThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it
> To: sowore@hotmail.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it
> Subject: RE: Maurice Iwu
> Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:19:57 +0000
>
> Hi
>
> I've just double checked with our student registry department and Maurice
> Iwu did not do an undergraduate degree at Bradford.
>
> He was enrolled here in 1975 for the Masters degree in Pharmacy, but we have
> on our records that he studied Pharmacy in Cameroon during the late 1960s
> before coming to Bradford.
>
> I hope this helps
> regards
> Oliver
>
> ------
> Oliver Tipper
> Senior Press Officer
> Marketing and Communications
> University of Bradford (UK)
> BD7 1DP
> Sent: 22 January 2007 17:55
> To: 'O Tipper'
> Subject: RE: Maurice Iwu
>
> Hi Oliver,
>
> Thank you!
> Can you kindly provide the date he was admitted to University of Bradford.
> We require dates and possible information about his undergraduate degree.
> Regards,
> Omoyele Sowore
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: O Tipper [mailto: O.Tipper@Bradford.ac.ukThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it ]
> Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 12:14 PM
> To: sowore@hotmail.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it
> Subject: Maurice Iwu
>
> Dear Sowore
>
> Following our conversation earlier today, I can confirm the following about
> Maurice Iwu.
>
> He graduated from the University of Bradford with a Masters in Pharmacy
> (MPharm. by research) in July 1976, and gained a PhD in the field of
> Pharmacy in July 1978.
>
> I hope this is satisfactory, sorry for any delay you've encountered with us.
>
>
> Regards
> Oliver
>
> ------
> Oliver Tipper
> Senior Press Officer
> Marketing and Communications
> University of Bradford (UK)
> BD7 1DP

http://www.saharareporters.com/www/news/detail/?id=250

How Prof. Iwu defrauded CITIBANK of America

In 1999 at the 16th International Botanical Conference, Maurice Iwu made the announcement that he has found the cure for Ebola following his groundbreaking research under the auspices of his non-profit outfit-BDCP. Maurice Iwu indicated that Garcinia kola extract stopped the replication of the Ebola virus. Maurice Iwu followed his proclamation with the call that "Our limiting factor is funds. If we have a sponsor, we can do it in no time." Judging from available information, Prof. Iwu received lots of monies towards the development of his findings. As Saharareporters discovered, Prof. Iwu received millions of dollars. BDCP financial earnings as stated in Form 990 which BDCP presented to the United States Internal Revenue Service {IRS}. According to the form, BDCP amassed through grants and donors the amount of $425,947 in 1999, $367,870 in 2001, $640,917 in 2002 and $980,771 in 2003– totaling over $2.4million. It also stated clearly on the form that all of the monies were spent for the purpose of “medical research on the use of African herb for medicine”. However till date there appears no mention of further development of Garcinia kola extract to cure Ebola or any significant discoveries beyond some patents of which one of them was an “Alkaloids of Picralima Nitida used for treatment of Protozoal diseases” invented by Maurice Iwu et al., and assigned to the U.S. Secretary of the Army, Washington, D.C. U.S. Patent 5,290,553 issued March 1, 1994. Interestingly, neither U.S. nor European pharmaceutical houses have shown interest in following the leads.

http://www.saharareporters.com/www/report/detail/?id=219

Emmanuel 'Andy' Uba buys the Judiciary and the Media

[/b]
Re: Iwu's Fraudulent History And Nigeria's Democratic Future by freespirit(m): 3:46pm On Mar 17, 2007
, Iwu thinks he's helping God to make some people realize their political ambitions, not knowing he's digging his own grave. it is not a new thing as his records of fraudulent activities are known, and its obvious he wants to retire a notorious man. so sorry for the legacy he's trying to bequeath for his children.
Re: Iwu's Fraudulent History And Nigeria's Democratic Future by McKren(m): 4:36pm On Mar 17, 2007
[size=24pt]The man those who spearhead this smear campaign against Iwu want to rule this country has an even more fraudulent history.[/size][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Iwu's Fraudulent History And Nigeria's Democratic Future by dayokanu(m): 4:45pm On Mar 17, 2007
What was Iwu's reason for disqualifying Peter Obi in Anambra?
Re: Iwu's Fraudulent History And Nigeria's Democratic Future by Afam(m): 6:25pm On Mar 17, 2007
Heard Peter Obi did not meet up with the deadline for the submission of the list of gubernatorial candidates because by that time he was still out of the government house while his deputy's name was submitted by APGA as their candidate.
Re: Iwu's Fraudulent History And Nigeria's Democratic Future by lewa(m): 7:03pm On Mar 17, 2007
Maurice would come to an ignoble end-------he's a biased umpire with doctored credentials and this is the democracy OBJ wants to give us----questionable umpire presiding over a (s)election followimg scripts from Aso Rock!Magomago
Re: Iwu's Fraudulent History And Nigeria's Democratic Future by Parachoko: 4:45pm On May 09, 2023
Pandorians were still babies when Maurice Iwu dey conduct Election in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Bayo Ojo, Attorney General Indicted / The Words Of Wisdon: May 1st 1967 / Killer Paracetamol, My Pikin, Kills 25 Children Na Wa O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.