Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job (14769 Views)

Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please / Top 7 Skills You Should Acquire In 2020 / How I Lost My Dream Job Without Collecting 1 Month Salary - Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by 24hoursreporter: 6:32am On May 12, 2018
The office environment in the 21st century is changing rapidly. Organizations don’t employ people based on their certificate anymore; rather they employ them based on their skills. In other words, a dullard has no place in modern day Organization as they will not survive the hit. As a matter of fact, once you are a liability, your name will be penciled down for possible retrenchment. As a result of this, the recruitment process of most multinational and blue chips Organizations has become very challenging. So, it is either you make it or break it. However, this article will highlight 8 skills you need to land your dream job in 2018.

Are you a graduate looking for a job or an experienced professional wishing to change job? Here is a list of 8 skills you need to land your dream job.

List of 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job

Coding
Coding is among the skills you need to land your dream job in 2018. It is a lucrative skill that most business organizations are constantly in demand of. In fact, an independent report in 2017 unveils that the demand for coders in 2018 will increase geometrically. So, if you ever dream of working in big company, coding is definitely an easy way to get there.

Excel
Gone are those days when organizations have pile up of files in every offices. Oops! How boring this could be though this is still the status quo in Government organizations. However, in modern Organizations, this is not sustainable as most data are digitalized. So, if you must fit into that your dream job, a good data management skill is a must. And a knowledge of excel will make your data management skill awesome.

Website Development
The world has gone digital and most Organizations now have online presence/website. Also, a company’s website is often the first point of contact to that company. This is why most Organizations now invest more on websites. So, if you are skilled in Website development, you are a step ahead of landing your dream job.

Writing
Writing is among the skills you need to land your dream job. As a matter of fact, it is one of the most important skills in 2018. In modern day, Organizations interact more with their customers/clients through social media. So, most organizations are constantly in need of writers who can write intelligently on their blog or social media platforms. If you have good writer, you will definitely be very valuable to any employers. Therefore, it is time for you to start polishing your writing skills so as to land your dream job.

Project Management
Project management is a good skill every jobseeker should acquire. This is because every project needs a manager to keep an eye on it. And this will definitely make everything to stay on schedule and under budget. In fact, a project without a manager is like a house without a roof.

Public Speaking
Public Speaking is another unique skill that companies are constantly looking for. Organizations recruit people with these skills to tell motivating and inspiring stories with their voice in ways written words can’t. They can tell an interesting story about a product or service that will persuade buyers to patronize their company.

Sales
Sales is among the skills you need to land your dream job. Salesmen that are very skilled and proactive are in high demand. They can work for most blue chips companies and other organizations with juicy salary structure. If you master the art of selling, you will definitely be an icon in the industry you serve. Sales has become an important department in every organization in the 21st century. Thus, people who study engineering and other courses are now building career in sales. Also, we now have sales engineers. These are engineering professionals with sales skill to market their company’s products and services. Some of the sales skills you need to master are; product knowledge, strategic prospecting, active listening etc.

Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing professionals are the big boys in most industries now. Companies are constantly in need of these experts. Furthermore, they help to reach out with customers using popular platforms like Facebook ads, Google Ads and email marketing. Their job is to create awareness about their company, its products as well as services using social media and other reliable platforms. So, digital marketing is among the skills you need to land your dream job.

The above are the top 8 skills you need to land your dream job. As a graduate, serving corp members and those seeking for jobs, these skills will help you.

Check here for related posts

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by Kintomadit(m): 6:51am On May 12, 2018
please, any suggestions about where to learn web development and the cost? thanks
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by 24hoursreporter: 8:14am On May 12, 2018
@Kitamodit, where are you located??
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by Nobody: 10:01am On May 12, 2018
I only I have one of the aforementioned skills, I'm I good to Go?
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by Itzogunsakin(m): 10:02am On May 12, 2018
Newly approved Naija Adsense for sale at a very cheap price. Contact me via 09-064-17-6042
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by Nobody: 10:02am On May 12, 2018
Buy with us...

Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by Bryan12(m): 10:03am On May 12, 2018
Neyoor:
I only I have one of the aforementioned skills, I'm I good to Go?
No. angry

4 Likes

Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by Nobody: 10:03am On May 12, 2018
9. Connection

This is your ability to get a phone call while sleeping on your bed. With this kind of skill, you probably won't need to be interviewed to land a job. It takes knowing a highly placed person in politics to be certified in this kind of skill. grin grin grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by Nobody: 10:04am On May 12, 2018
Bryan12:
No. angry

Time shall tell
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by Appdriod: 10:07am On May 12, 2018
PurplePatch:
9. Connection

That's the only skill needed

8 Likes

Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by AKzee(m): 10:07am On May 12, 2018
One will still possess all these and it will be difficult to land a good job.

5 Likes

Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by Bryan12(m): 10:07am On May 12, 2018
Neyoor:

Time shall tell
Time is of essence buddy.
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by AKzee(m): 10:09am On May 12, 2018
Appdriod:

That's the only skill needed
You 101% correct.
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by AKzee(m): 10:09am On May 12, 2018
AKzee:

You are 101% correct.
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by 400billionman: 10:10am On May 12, 2018
Yeye

Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by madridguy(m): 10:11am On May 12, 2018
I need someone to teach me coding.

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by Dannyset(m): 10:14am On May 12, 2018
How do one learn coding, and what can you do with it?
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by 400billionman: 10:14am On May 12, 2018
madridguy:
Buhari will teach you
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by Nobody: 10:14am On May 12, 2018
I think now is the era to carve out a career for yourself because nowadays the recruitment process may have a few lies here and there just to get you in and not necessarily favor you in the long run

2 Likes

Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by 400billionman: 10:15am On May 12, 2018
Dannyset:
How do one learn coding, and what can you do with it?
For preparing pepper soup
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by Neddyogu(m): 10:15am On May 12, 2018
No matter d kain skill wey u get, if u no get connection u are on a looooooonnnnnggg tin. Connection can be holy conne, or unholy conne
grin
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by Nobody: 10:15am On May 12, 2018
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by madridguy(m): 10:15am On May 12, 2018
Baba no is not into coding.

400billionman:
Buhari will teach you
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by lawalosky(m): 10:22am On May 12, 2018
those time you will use in acquiring all this...
use it and look for some1 to get urself connected.
2 out of hundreds will this favor in naija as long as our bad economic is concern...
Naija no dulling......

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by Ejiod(m): 10:47am On May 12, 2018
madridguy:
d
DONT PAY ANYONE TO TEACH YOU CODING. GO TO YOUTUBE AND LEARN.FIRST FOLLOW BRAD TRAVERSY ON YOUTUBE.THE GUY IS GOOD.u will see them trooping here that they can teach u how to code with their advertisement. Pls Dont do it. I was once like you 4 years ago when I paid but regretted ever doing such.
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by HazzanTazzan(m): 10:49am On May 12, 2018
Ok
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by madridguy(m): 10:49am On May 12, 2018
Thanks. Are you now good in coding?

Ejiod:

d
DONT PAY ANYONE TO TEACH YOU CODING. GO TO YOUTUBE AND LEARN.FIRST FOLLOW BRAD TRAVERSY ON YOUTUBE.THE GUY IS GOOD.u will see them trooping here that they can teach u how to code with their advertisement. Pls Dont do it. I was once like you 4 years ago when I paid but regretted ever doing such.
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by Ejiod(m): 10:53am On May 12, 2018
madridguy:
Thanks. Are you now good in coding?

Yes but Dont teach people

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Shocks Court, Says Officers Sacked For Not ‘renewing Appointments’ / Job-seekers: Describe Your Ideal Job! / Employee Leave Allowance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.