Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,079 members, 7,814,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It (87550 Views)

Two Lessons You Have To Unlearn If You Want To Be Rich / Tomato Factory: Dangote, Kubau Communities To Resolve Land Dispute / Why Dangote’s Failed Paste Factory Should Give Buhari More Headache Than Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by BetaThings: 1:30pm On May 14, 2018
PrecisionFx:

A certain Nigerian cement giant called Ibeto from Nnewi (who's cement till today has far higher quality than dangotes cement) was once the leader in anything cement in Nigeria. Dangote connived with Obasanjo n the FG seized all the cement he imported worth billions of naira n he had a severe stroke n almost lost his life, He spent months in the hospital n by God's grace he survived.

OBJ made laws dat disallowed anyone in nigeria from importing cement, Thus making Dangote the only importer of cement in Nigeria for Many years n they shared the profits with OBJ.

You are lying and you know it
And you are wicked!

Obasanjo introduced a policy that tied cement importation to establishment of a production plant
The aim was to discontinue importation over several years
Dangote was importing, Ibeto was importing, Flour Mills was importing, Easter Bulkcem and others were importing
Dangote bought over Benue Cement and tried to buy Ashaka. Bauchi people blocked his attempt to buy Ashaka
Dangote went to the middle of the bush and started Obajana cement - complete with roads, power infrastructure, housing estate
He came to Ibeshe
Flour Mills teamed up with another investor to commence local production - Unicem
Eastern Bulkcem refused to start local production
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Opinionated: 3:26pm On May 14, 2018
Bishopsgate:

Bros forget o.

I worked with this guy as far back as 16 years ago. He is about the "shrewdest" business man I have met in all my almost 2 decades in banking an FMCG industries.

Yes he and a couple of guys had the unfair advantage of having govt created monopolies (in some cases duopolies) but that era was over more than a decade ago and at that point of change he was almost bankrupt. He clawed his way back up and changed his tactics. He moved from a rent taker to a creator of value (importer to manufacturer). You can compare him with his fellow monopolies and the understanding of his business acumen becomes obvious.

Where are the other beneficiaries of govt monopolies? How many factories have they built, how many people do they employ, how much tax do they contribute to the Nigerian economy?

Overrated - no I don't think so one bit!

H

Apparently he got this one wrong, read this http://www.opinions.ng/dangote-goofed-closed-tomato-factory/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 14, 2018
BetaThings:

You are lying and you know it
And you are wicked!

Obasanjo introduced a policy that tied cement importation to establishment of a production plant
The aim was to discontinue importation over several years
Dangote was importing, Ibeto was importing, Flour Mills was importing, Easter Bulkcem and others were importing
Dangote bought over Benue Cement and tried to buy Ashaka. Bauchi people blocked his attempt to buy Ashaka
Dangote went to the middle of the bush and started Obajana cement - complete with roads, power infrastructure, housing estate
He came to Ibeshe
Flour Mills teamed up with another investor to commence local production - Unicem
Eastern Bulkcem refused to start local production

Small teenagers everywhere.

Obasanjo withdrew cement importation license of many Nigerians, making Dangote the sole importer of cement in Nigeria (That was wen he started building redundant cement factories in Nigeria.. It affected Ibeto the most, OBJ seized n destroyed cement worth Billions of naira that he imported, Ibeto fell to stroke n almost lost hos life.

Few months after Yaradua came to power, He gave other Nigerian importers back their import licenses and Portland, Bua, Ibeto, etc started importing cement again and they still import it up till this day.

If Dangote has so many Cement manufacturing plants in Nigeria and that he manufactures cement right now en mass, Why is Ibeto, bua, unicem, Portland, elephant, etc still importing cement till today

I repeat, Dangote still imports cement up till 14th may 2018.
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:31am On May 15, 2018
gameboyo:

Business should be liberal not monopolized.
business shud be profitable fullstop

The only business he's succeeded is the business where monopoly was created just for him to strive and that's not ideal.
that's wisdom

Do u know what would have happened to adenuga if glo was given the monopoly to operate alone? I think he would have been Richer than dangote today
weekday stored other bigwigs fromchallenging him.theychose the lazy way now all beefing the poor man.pun intended
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:38am On May 15, 2018
PrecisionFx:

This is why I hope owner of nairaland will find a way to add members real age here. Ur assertions expose that u were probably born around year 2000 so u know nothing about this issue.
And you think hurling insults makes you sound mature

A certain Nigerian cement giant called Ibeto from Nnewi (who's cement till today has far higher quality than dangotes cement) was once the leader in anything cement in Nigeria. Dangote connived with Obasanjo n the FG seized all the cement he imported worth billions of naira n he had a severe stroke n almost lost his life, He spent months in the hospital n by God's grace he survived.
he was not ready for business
why antagonize your benefactor
and if you just antagonize why not set up factory so you don't run afoul of the law of importation
and i have never seen ibeto cement in my 38 yrs of life

OBJ made laws dat disallowed anyone in nigeria from importing cement, Thus making Dangote the only importer of cement in Nigeria for Many years n they shared the profits with OBJ.
shrewd business strategy
instead of having plan b
ibeto having stroke
thought he will be making easy money with no work forever

Dangote knows nothing about managing a business, Even an slowpoke or down syndrome patient will become become a billionaire in a monopoly.
then why didn't the other guts get the monopoly of a down syndrome cud do it

Dangote was also once the sole importer of sugar in nigeria. It isn't rocket science.
then isnt everyonedoing it since it isn't rocket science
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:39am On May 15, 2018
abdullkabar:

I have what i was thinking before posting that,starting from scratch was one them.
you just assumed and use an offensive word,pls its a morning abeg
aka no argument
just playing victim card
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:41am On May 15, 2018
fluentinfor:

It is hard. I can write a billion words essay on the topic. You should check my profile and read my posts. You will get more ideas on farming. Dealing with poor people is too hard. Having poor people as major producer of ones raw material is very dangerous. Poor people are destroyers. It is why they can never get out of poverty. Dangote's enemies can easily manipulate those poor farmers. Politicians know the game. They know that just 200 naira can buy the vote of a poor man even after performing woefully in their first term, they will return to the seat. Poor people are dangerous for the economy. They are destroyers.

First, there are situations you may not want to take someone to court. For example, taking an employer to court is hard. You may win, but it may prevent other employers from associating with you. However, there are exceptions. Those exceptions are ground breakers. For example, Oliseh took his employer to court recently and he was able to prove the football board was trying to make him do illegal acts. Oliseh is wise enough to return to the club. Why? He is trying to tell potential employers that he does not keep malice, or dump employers even in the midst of crisis. Oliseh is a smart guy. Check him in his teenage age, Oliseh was the senior prefect in his high school. Does that ring bell in your ear? He rose up to become super eagles captain when cabals are so powerful in the Nigetian football. Ok, here is my point, a gifted man is unique in his ways. Dangote is unique.

Second, you may not want to sue a poor man because it may affect your business. Maybe if he takes them to court, other farmers will run away from him. The headline on all newpapers will be " Dangote, the billionaire who makes money from poor farmers". Bloggers on internet will have on front page "Nigerian billionaire persecuting poor farmers", and the whole twitter and instagram will explode with #GreedyDangote.

To be smart is a gift. Dangote is a gift to Nigeria. Let us appreciate him.
I'm not talking about dangoye
I'm talking about me that wants to partner with farmers to provide input.is there no way to hold them till contract
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:43am On May 15, 2018
hisgrace090:

So a bag of rice cost 40.000.00 abroad?
find out how much ofada is
our cost of production is high
some have started importing chicken feed From usa.
outs that bad
ua just taxing the poor codedly bu banning imports
good for politics
bad for economy
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:46am On May 15, 2018
wordcat:

Is there any other thing you want to say?
not while you keep quiet not spewing ignorance
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 15, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
I'm not talking about dangoye
I'm talking about me that wants to partner with farmers to provide input.is there no way to hold them till contract

Well, I assume it is going to be on a small scale. I work with farmers too. The best way is to not "show off". Do not let them know your worth. I take public transport there, or I park my car very far away.

Also, get to know the real big shot among them. Before you strike any deal, know what his price is. Buy him to your side without beign extravagant.

Trust him with pulling through deals for you.

Paper work with farmers may not work. However, when someone who understands how to tackle them well is on your side, you are covered.

But the moment you blow your cover, and they know your real worth, you are in soup. That is when you see the real demon in poor people. And that is when they go extra length to destroy.

But saying you want to arrest them, or use a lawyer take them to court, hmmmmm.

Best of luck
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by wordcat(m): 1:38pm On May 15, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
not while you keep quiet not spewing ignorance

Well, I don't expect you to understand because you're damn f00lish
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 15, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:

And you think hurling insults makes you sound mature

he was not ready for business
why antagonize your benefactor
and if you just antagonize why not set up factory so you don't run afoul of the law of importation
and i have never seen ibeto cement in my 38 yrs of life

shrewd business strategy
instead of having plan b
ibeto having stroke
thought he will be making easy money with no work forever

then why didn't the other guts get the monopoly of a down syndrome cud do it
then isnt everyonedoing it since it isn't rocket science

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:22pm On May 15, 2018
fluentinfor:

Well, I assume it is going to be on a small scale. I work with farmers too. The best way is to not "show off". Do not let them know your worth. I take public transport there, or I park my car very far away.

Also, get to know the real big shot among them. Before you strike any deal, know what his price is. Buy him to your side without beign extravagant.
so use local enforcer
ok

Trust him with pulling through deals for you.

Paper work with farmers may not work. However, when someone who understands how to tackle them well is on your side, you are covered.

But the moment you blow your cover, and they know your real worth, you are in soup. That is when you see the real demon in poor people. And that is when they go extra length to destroy.
sip they are moreafraid of poor ppl than rich people
so theywill do anyhow if I'm a politician with police and thugs to treat their fuckup

But saying you want to arrest them, or use a lawyer take them to court, hmmmmm.
you mean they're not afraid of jail

Best of luck
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:33pm On May 15, 2018
wordcat:

Well, I don't expect you to understand because you're damn f00lish
guilty conscience don de catch you.you know you talking Nonesense
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 15, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:

so use local enforcer
ok

sip they are moreafraid of poor ppl than rich people
so theywill do anyhow if [s] I'm a politician with police and thugs to treat their fuckup [/s]

you mean they're not afraid of jail

I remember one guy mentioned something like the rich man takes over the land of the poor man, and then, he calls the poor guys destroyers of an economy. And then, I wrote why a rich man should not use forceful method like this cos it will damage his reputation.

Seriously, do you want to start using thugs to harrass them? And what makes you think even they are guilty, court will send them to jail? Ok. Is sending them to jail going to refund your cash if any court sends them there?

Well, a good investor knows going to court wastes time. Time is money. Why make going to court the first option?

You used the phrase "local enforcer". I did not tell you to use anyone to force them keep the terms of the contract. All I said was that look for the guy they respect who can tell it to their face to follow the details of the contract. One of such person is the eldest man in the family. This kind of person commands great respect. When one of his family members is messing up, and if you gat this elderly man at your corner (bottles of gin and kolanuts can get quite a few of them to your side), you will be told to attend the family meeting. And you can table your case. This is called "in- house abitration". Many of the members of the family will go against the defaulter.

I did not suggest you terrorise them with your money. And if you have that in mind, or if you are already doing it, I suggest you stop. The day you will meet some crazy fellows, you will not expect what you will get. Or the day you meet some wicked people.....may God not let anyone bury his/her first and last born children because of wordly stuff. Maybe cos of just N500,000 or less. Does it really worth it?

By not showing your wealth, you have succeeded in lowering cost of labor or service rendered. If they know you are rich, they can say they want to take N100,000 for a service they will gladly take N5,000 when you do not show them you are rich.
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:21pm On May 15, 2018
fluentinfor:
[b][/b]

I remember one guy mentioned something like the rich man takes over the land of the poor man, and then, he calls the poor guys destroyers of an economy. And then, I wrote why a rich man should not use forceful method like this cos it will damage his reputation.
reputation doesn't fill banjo accounts

Seriously, do you want to start using thugs to harrass them? And what makes you think even they are guilty, court will send them to jail?
beech of contract
i will settle the judge

Ok. Is sending them to jail going to refund your cash if any court sends them there?
No but it will sendmessage to next set to stay away from my input if they don't planto deliver
they should continue in their poverty

Well, a good investor knows going to court wastes time. Time is money. Why make going to court the first option?
cos its the lasting option

You used the phrase "local enforcer". I did not tell you to use anyone to force them keep the terms of the contract. All I said was that look for the guy they respect who can tell it to their face to follow the details of the contract.

that's grammar for enforcer
police and courts are public enforcers
what you're describing is black market self help enforcer
i say physical force
you say emotional force
all na force
One of such person is the eldest man in the family. This kind of person commands great respect. When one of his family members is messing up, and if you gat this elderly man at your corner (bottles of gin and kolanuts can get quite a few of them to your side), you will be told to attend the family meeting. And you can table your case. This is called "in- house abitration".
all na"court"
baba na judge

Many of the members of the family will go against the defaulter.
case closed
aka no pencil without eraser

I did not suggest you terrorise them with your money.
i would prefer not to
but liye ppl brain need reset

And if you have that in mind, or if you are already doing it, I suggest you stop. The day you will meet some crazy fellows, you will not expect what you will get.
If I'm a politician with billions
then i am the craziest person in the room
i didn't force anyone to collect input
i will not be forced to go bankrupt when there are trustworthy gamers to partner with

Or the day you meet some wicked people.....may God not let anyone bury his/her first and last born children because of wordly stuff. Maybe cos of just N500,000 or less. Does it really worth it?
500k no
500 billion and the future of 200 million ppl., i will bury all their friends and family

By not showing your wealth, you have succeeded in lowering cost of labor or service rendered. If they know you are rich, they can say they want to take N100,000 for a service they will gladly take N5,000 when you do not show them you are rich.
beauty of demand and supply
i simply go somewhere else where they are reasonable
if my constituents don't want development
i go to another constituency
when theySee what they are missing
even100 naira they will still give me discount ontop
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 15, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
reputation doesn't fill banjo accounts

beech of contract
i will settle the judge

No but it will sendmessage to next set to stay away from my input if they don't planto deliver
they should continue in their poverty
cos its the lasting option

that's grammar for enforcer
police and courts are public enforcers
what you're describing is black market self help enforcer
i say physical force
you say emotional force
all na force

all na"court"
baba na judge

case closed
aka no pencil without eraser

i would prefer not to
but liye ppl brain need reset

If I'm a politician with billions
then i am the craziest person in the room
i didn't force anyone to collect input
i will not be forced to go bankrupt when there are trustworthy gamers to partner with

500k no
500 billion and the future of 200 million ppl., i will bury all their friends and family
beauty of demand and supply
i simply go somewhere else where they are reasonable
if my constituents don't want development
i go to another constituency
when theySee what they are missing
even100 naira they will still give me discount ontop

Bro, if you have a real friend who is a lawyer, I suggest you call him. Ask him the difference between abitration and going to court. Also, ask him to tell you which he prefers. In addition, ask if it really worths throwing in jail poor people. Finally, ask him if it is the permanent solution like you have written. I have asked you that will throwing them in jail produce your 500 billion whatever currency?

From your last two replies, I see that you really need someone who will guide you well. Pick up "dispute resolution". Read the topic very well. Get opinions of lawyers, police men, military men, farmers, local chiefs, and land grabbers. You will definitely learn so much.

I see that you are not experienced in this topic, and it is nevessary i stop this discussion.

Best of luck sir. And blessings!
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by wordcat(m): 10:18pm On May 15, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
guilty conscience don de catch you.you know you talking Nonesense

Is that all you know?
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:40am On May 16, 2018
fluentinfor:

Bro, if you have a real friend who is a lawyer, I suggest you call him. Ask him the difference between abitration and going to court. Also, ask him to tell you which he prefers. In addition, ask if it really worths throwing in jail poor people. Finally, ask him if it is the permanent solution like you have written. I have asked you that will throwing them in jail produce your 500 billion whatever currency?
No o
whowill risk big money on Nigerian
no
i intend to start small
treat the scape goats fuckup
then....
risk the bigger money

From your last two replies, I see that you really need someone who will guide you well.
that's egg I'm asking you that had more experience than me

Pick up "dispute resolution". Read the topic very well. Get opinions of lawyers, police men, military men, farmers, local chiefs, and land grabbers. You will definitely learn so much.

I see that you are not experienced in this topic, and it is nevessary i stop this discussion.
i am not at all
why I'm asking bfor i enter one chance

Best of luck sir. And blessings!
thank you
i believe our ppl can change though it will take some doing
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by adecz: 6:26am On May 17, 2018
abdullkabar:

OK,but I thought the OP wrote that Spain do have a year round of tomatoes,how did they do it?
or I assimed

The figure quoted by op is yearly
production.
Canning & preservation is only
done in peak season, not off season.

Nigeria also produces tomatoes all
year, but as from around June, a basket
of tomatoes can go for up to N10k or more.

In the peak season, such basket can go for
less than N300 in some locations in the north.

Greenhouse production is usually done
in off season to take advantage of the high
cost of fresh tomatoes at this point. Such
production is for sale as fresh goods, not for
preservation.

About 3 years ago, Nigeria suffered an outbreak
of "tomatoes Ebola", a basket of tomatoes sold
for more than N30k!!!! shocked shocked
We had to import from Ghana & other
neighbouring countries.
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by abdullkabar(m): 11:00am On May 17, 2018
adecz:

The figure quoted by op is yearly production. Canning & preservation is only done in peak season, not off season.
Nigeria also produces tomatoes all year, but as from around June, a basket of tomatoes can go for up to N10k or more.
In the peak season, such basket can go for less than N300 in some locations in the north.
Greenhouse production is usually done in off season to take advantage of the high cost of fresh tomatoes at this point. Such production is for sale as fresh goods, not for preservation.
About 3 years ago, Nigeria suffered an outbreak of "tomatoes Ebola", a basket of tomatoes sold for more than N30k!!!! shocked shocked We had to import from Ghana & other neighbouring countries.
okay sir,thanks for the clearification

1 Like

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:57am On May 18, 2018
wordcat:

Is that all you know?
all i need to
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by wordcat(m): 8:40am On May 18, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
all i need to

OK, go and ye and celebrate
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:44pm On May 18, 2018
wordcat:

OK, go and ye and celebrate
teytey
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by wordcat(m): 9:33pm On May 18, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
teytey

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:36pm On May 18, 2018
[quote author=wordcat post=67677744][/quote]is that your baby mama daughter
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by wordcat(m): 9:42pm On May 18, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
is that your baby mama daughter

She's not up to the age if not I would have ask if you're in loved
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:32am On May 19, 2018
wordcat:

She's not up to the age if not I would have ask if you're in loved
I knew you were a paedophile
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by wordcat(m): 9:06am On May 19, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
I knew you were a paedophile

Paedophile is non existent in the Eastern Nigeria where I come from.

We all the part that do child marriage
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:06pm On May 19, 2018
wordcat:

Paedophile is non existent in the Eastern Nigeria where I come from.

We all the part that do child marriage
yeah
all those baby factories with abandoned teens in east were fabricated and images photoshopped
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by BetaThings: 2:09am On May 20, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Small teenagers everywhere.
Obasanjo withdrew cement importation license of many Nigerians, making Dangote the sole importer of cement in Nigeria (That was wen he started building redundant cement factories in Nigeria..
Which factories are redundant?
Wapco had two factories in the SW before it was taken over by Lafarge
Dangote took over BCC in Benue, built Obajana in Kogi from scratch and built Ibeshe in Ogun from scratch
SO how are these factories across different states redundant when Wapco used to have two in Ogun State alone

When was Eastern Bulkcem licence withdrawn?
When was the licence of Flour Mills withdrawn? - Google annual reports of Flour Mills and read the reports to confirm their licence was never withdrawn
Whether or not you are old, you have been lying here

PrecisionFx:

It affected Ibeto the most, OBJ seized n destroyed cement worth Billions of naira that he imported, Ibeto fell to stroke n almost lost hos life.

Why?
Somebody had even responded to you
Obasanjo said if you wanted to continue importation, you must start building plants in Nigeria
Was that against national interest?
The same encouragement was given to drug manufacturers - the like of Fidson started local production of SOME drugs to take advantage of incentives to local production

PrecisionFx:

Few months after Yaradua came to power, He gave other Nigerian importers back their import licenses and Portland, Bua, Ibeto, etc started importing cement again and they still import it up till this day.

If Dangote has so many Cement manufacturing plants in Nigeria and that he manufactures cement right now en mass, Why is Ibeto, bua, unicem, Portland, elephant, etc still importing cement till today

I repeat, Dangote still imports cement up till 14th may 2018.
A change in government policy due to change in government is common in Nigeria
What is the harm in insisting on local production
Tell us the reason why Dangote suddenly became the biggest in terms of production capacity
Or do you think all the factories are mothballed?
Is Dangote also using the same tactics against indigenous countries in those African countries where it operates
You need to open your eyes and mind
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Nobody: 7:29am On May 20, 2018
BetaThings:

Which factories are redundant?
Wapco had two factories in the SW before it was taken over by Lafarge
Dangote took over BCC in Benue, built Obajana in Kogi from scratch and built Ibeshe in Ogun from scratch
SO how are these factories across different states redundant when Wapco used to have two in Ogun State alone

When was Eastern Bulkcem licence withdrawn?
When was the licence of Flour Mills withdrawn? - Google annual reports of Flour Mills and read the reports to confirm their licence was never withdrawn
Whether or not you are old, you have been lying here

Why?
Somebody had even responded to you
Obasanjo said if you wanted to continue importation, you must start building plants in Nigeria
Was that against national interest?
The same encouragement was given to drug manufacturers - the like of Fidson started local production of SOME drugs to take advantage of incentives to local production

A change in government policy due to change in government is common in Nigeria
What is the harm in insisting on local production
Tell us the reason why Dangote suddenly became the biggest in terms of production capacity
Or do you think all the factories are mothballed?
Is Dangote also using the same tactics against indigenous countries in those African countries where it operates
You need to open your eyes and mind

Dangotr has cement manufacturing factories scattered across Nigeria and Africa, Yet ibeto, Bua, UNICEM, Elephant, Etc still import cement everyday into Nigeria and sell them nationwide...

Open ur eyes.

Just like I keep saying, Till 20th December 2020, Dangote still imports cement into Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Access Bank Reacts To Porn Video That Appeared On A Screen At Its UNILAG Branch / 15 Fastest Growing Small Business OPPORTUNITIES and IDEAS In Nigeria For 2013 / SEE The Nigerian Naira's Exchange Rate To The Dollar As At Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.