Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,101 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti (23386 Views)

Oyelowo Fawas: “American Prostitute” Bags 12 months Imprisonment In Ilorin / Man Attempts To Cut Off Woman's Breast For Ritual In Anambra (Graphic Photo) / Pastor’s Wife Who Sent Her Nudes On Church’s Whatsapp Page Attempts Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 12, 2018
Ajewole Dada Fulani, a 24-year-old man who was arraigned before an Ekiti State High Court, sitting in Ado Ekiti, over charges of robbery, kidnap and rape, reportedly attempted suicide after he was served the judge's life imprisonment verdict.

It was gathered that the suspect reportedly robbed, kidnapped and raped two female students of the College of Education, Ikere-Ekiti on 7th November, 2015 along Ikere-Igbara Odo Road. He was conveying the two College students in his commercial vehicle, but diverted the vehicle to the nearby bush, tied them to a tree and raped them one after the other.

However after he escaped from the scene of the incident, the victims later reported the incident at the Ikere Main Police Station along College Road.

He appeared for the first time at the High Court on 16th November, 2016. In his last arraignment on Friday, to prove the case, the DPP, Mr. Gbemiga Adaramola, called four witnesses and tendered exhibits which included the accused’s statement and a vehicle with registration number EMR 218 XA. The accused called two witnesses to support his denial of the offence. Justice Adeyeye after listening to the oral argument of Adaramola and defence counsel, Mr. Sunday Ochayi ruled that;

“The prosecution has not proved the essential ingredients of the offence of robbery against the accused.

“In conclusion and for the avoidance of doubt, the accused was found guilty of the offences of kidnapping and rape as charged in Counts 1, 2 and 3 and he is accordingly convicted to life imprisonment."

The Leadership reported that after the verdict was handed down and the judgment interpreted to him by the court registrar, the convict became restless and emotional and thereafter smashed the court window and stabbed himself with a broken louvers and attempted to stab other people inside the courtroom.

It took the intervention of security personnel who grabbed the convict from injuring people inside the court as he was subsequently handcuffed and bundled into a waiting Black Maria. Court workers, litigants and other observers were taken by surprise by his action.

https://lailasnews.com/24-year-old-man-attempts-suicide-after-sentenced-to-life-imprisonment-in-ekiti/

Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by Evablizin(f): 5:21pm On May 12, 2018
Wages of sin.

Few minutes enjoyment = Life imprisonment.

23 Likes

Re: 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 12, 2018
Stvpidity of the highest order.

1 Like

Re: 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 12, 2018
Nice move

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by talk2saintify(m): 6:34pm On May 12, 2018
shocked
Re: 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by Akinya17: 6:34pm On May 12, 2018
Fool.
Re: 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by TollaEstate: 6:34pm On May 12, 2018
They should allow him, he knows what fits him.

Re: 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 12, 2018
This is a clear case of "iku ya ju esin lo"

Meanwhile ihin ira Ekiti, mo ki kete rin. A ni riru elerinrin gomina Fayose l'Ekiti mo o

Eti a gbore o, amin o

2 Likes

Re: 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 12, 2018
Life improsonment? Haba
When Boko people are being released everyday shocked

8 Likes

Re: 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by AprokoGirl: 6:35pm On May 12, 2018
cry
Re: 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by obembet(f): 6:36pm On May 12, 2018
Ebukax:
robbery, kidnap and rape

Who dey stop him now...
Re: 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by 2special(m): 6:36pm On May 12, 2018
how can he raped 2 students at once?

8 Likes

Re: 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by Ebukax(f): 6:36pm On May 12, 2018
Buhari is a disgrace

1 Like

Re: 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 12, 2018
Zenoniseay007:
“Hello everyone. My name is Israel. I am a hard-working, a student of health technology and active social media user. Over the course of past six months, I have been working to solve a serious problem. I have come into conclusion that I cannot do this on my own, I’m asking for your help.” i own the school first and second year fees which is approximately 84000naira, I am begging on good Nigerians on this forum to come to my aid, any amount
my account number is ********GT bank. Please I need it urgently I have to pay it before I will be allowed into the exam hall on Monday. May God bless you abundantly

4 Likes

Re: 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by Igboboy59(m): 6:36pm On May 12, 2018
When stupidility take over
Re: 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by 01mcfadden(m): 6:37pm On May 12, 2018
Did the crime, face the death
Re: 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by israelmao(m): 6:38pm On May 12, 2018
You never know the benefits of freedom until you lose it.Crime does not pay.

3 Likes

Re: 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by Vicogrin(m): 6:38pm On May 12, 2018
no peace for the wicked
Re: 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by maryjan8(f): 6:39pm On May 12, 2018
Shameless man

2 Likes

Re: 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by aragonchuks(m): 6:40pm On May 12, 2018
Zenoniseay007:
“Hello everyone. My name is Israel. I am a hard-working, a student of health technology and active social media user. Over the course of past six months, I have been working to solve a serious problem. I have come into conclusion that I cannot do this on my own, I’m asking for your help.” i own the school first and second year fees which is approximately 84000naira, I am begging on good Nigerians on this forum to come to my aid, any amount
my account number is 0243490465 GT bank. Please I need it urgently I have to pay it before I will be allowed into the exam hall on Monday. May God bless you abundantly
Amen

2 Likes

Re: 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by naijjaman(m): 6:41pm On May 12, 2018
shocked

You don't know what you have until you lose it.

Work hard, don't ever take what is not yours.

And God will bless you abundantly eventually.

No pity for robbers, thieves, Nigerian Politicians,

May God have mercy on your souls.
Re: 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by hillsiderfak(m): 6:42pm On May 12, 2018
Ebukax:
Buhari is a disgrace

BUHARI? WETIN CONCERN BUHARI FOR THIS CASE

2 Likes

Re: 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by Nedfed(m): 6:42pm On May 12, 2018
2special:
how can he raped 2 students at once?

Bros change dat Tecno N3 of urs and buy correct phone

2 Likes

Re: 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by freedomchild: 6:43pm On May 12, 2018
Afonja and crimes are like boko boys and herdsmen

1 Like

Re: 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by Olatunji1929: 6:46pm On May 12, 2018
Calm down guy u get little hope do u tink it good 4 u to kill urself dan to commit suicide
Re: 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by blank(f): 6:48pm On May 12, 2018
Zenoniseay007:
my account number is 0243490465 GT bank. Please I need it urgently I have to pay it before I will be allowed into the exam hall on Monday. May God bless you abundantly

Isreal, why not seek for help from Twitter?
Re: 24-year-old Man Attempts Suicide After Sentenced To Life Imprisonment In Ekiti by Praktikals(m): 6:53pm On May 12, 2018
Fayose will soon join him

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! I Was Robbed Of My Uncle's $400 / Stray Bullet From Akwa Ibom House Of Assembly Penetrates Home / Traders Suffer Losses As Flood Washes Away Shops In Anambra Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.