Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,555 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:42 AM

Big News For Atiku's Supporters.he Is Not Disqualified. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Big News For Atiku's Supporters.he Is Not Disqualified. (1025 Views)

More Atiku Supporters, PDM, Endorse Jonathan / Sahara Report Breaking News !!..buhari Volunteers To Step Down For Atiku / Fight At APC Convention Wounds 70, As Buhari & Atiku Supporters Clash (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Big News For Atiku's Supporters.he Is Not Disqualified. by damoche07(m): 4:14pm On Mar 17, 2007
I AM SURPRISED AT THE REATION OF PEOPLE TO THE RECENT PRONOUNCEMENT BY INEC ON QUALIFIED CANDIDATES.ATIKU WAS NEVER DISQUALIFIED ,HE IS JUST UNQUALIFIED TO STAND FOR ELECTIONS.YOU DONT NEED A WOLE SOYINKA TO TELL U THE DIFFERENCE BTWN BEING 'DISQUALIFIED AND BEING 'INELIGIBLE'.ITS CLOSE BUT ITS DIFFERENT.READ THE CONSTITUTION VERY WELL.ENOF OF THIS RULE OF LAW THING.THE LAW IS TWO EDGED.
Re: Big News For Atiku's Supporters.he Is Not Disqualified. by sirc(m): 5:41pm On Mar 18, 2007
!@demoche,make u mind ursef ooooooabi u tink say na england u dey make u so jee urself dis is nija anytin goes and atiku is gone,naonlyGODfit 2 help am
Re: Big News For Atiku's Supporters.he Is Not Disqualified. by Topsido(m): 6:49pm On Mar 18, 2007
Am happy there are still intellegent Nigerians like you. Atiku was not disqualified but he is UNQUALIFIED. Thanx.
Re: Big News For Atiku's Supporters.he Is Not Disqualified. by Larufa(m): 7:30pm On Mar 18, 2007
Atiku disqualification is illegal and unconstitutional.
INEC says it is interpreting the Constitution. It has no powers to do
so, only a court of law, with proper jurisdiction can do so. It says
it will respect the rulings of the court. That is sophistry.
Re: Big News For Atiku's Supporters.he Is Not Disqualified. by watchung: 10:44pm On Mar 19, 2007
Why are people so silly? Nigeria is bigger than Atiku and so is the constitution. The courts said INEC does not have the power to disqualify him and as the OP @damoche07 so succinctly put it, the fact is he was never disqualified. He is just ineligible as per the constitution. The constitution is very clear on this fact. No indicted persons are eligible to run for the presidency. Now what good old Atiku should do is to go and thoroughly clear his name first. I'm no supporter of any of the candidates but I think Nigerian politicians need to grow up and stop being sissies. Common! You lose a primary and the next thing is that you decamp to another party or better yet u start your own party. How many gad damn party’s do we have? These lunatics don't even no where they stand issue wise. Are they conservative, are they liberals, are pro big government or for limited government? What are their plans for Nigeria? We are not talking about all the "I will build this and that road here" Bull Shit that they use in their campaigns. I even heard one candidate campaigning on winning the World Cup for Nigeria. Goodness Me! These guys are all lunatics. Damn! They all need to grow the Bleep up.
Re: Big News For Atiku's Supporters.he Is Not Disqualified. by emmanas(m): 10:03am On Mar 20, 2007
@u said we should check d constitution 4 meang of end of law, but did know dt Nigeria as a state has no strong constitution guidg her if u dont know am tellg u now.

on atiku not qulify to contxt as a presidential aspirant been in d inec 1st list dont mean he be quilify in d supplimentry list dont 4get dt we are in Nigeria anythg can happen any fuckg time.
Re: Big News For Atiku's Supporters.he Is Not Disqualified. by topisdo: 2:51pm On Mar 29, 2007
Any body that has sense of moral and sense of shame will be too weak to fight for votes, rather he will want to clear his name first before asking for votes. Atiku's got no shame.
Re: Big News For Atiku's Supporters.he Is Not Disqualified. by Axiomlogic(m): 5:20pm On Mar 30, 2007
5 times a verdict was returned.GUILTY
Even the Tsauri verdetta panel also returned the same verdict.Atiku does not have the moral right and the constitutional right to contest for presidency.Rather he should be preparing to flee into exile as his assoiciates like Dariye has done.
Atiku for President my foot.
Re: Big News For Atiku's Supporters.he Is Not Disqualified. by Bankole01(m): 5:44pm On Mar 30, 2007
Axiomlogic:

5 times a verdict was returned.GUILTY
Even the Tsauri verdetta panel also returned the same verdict.Atiku does not have the moral right and the constitutional right to contest for presidency.Rather he should be preparing to flee into exile as his assoiciates like Dariye has done.
Atiku for President my foot.

It is clear Atiku is damaged goods and anyone in the right mind would not want him for president even if he was just implicated in the scandals. If it quacks like a duck, chances are it is a fowl (duck) If even you don't like Obasanjo and you believe he has vendatta against Atiku, he has unwittingly done the nation a favour in letting us know what type of person he is. He is a part of the infestation in corruption that is Nigeria. He will be a terrible president as corruption will only grow worse.

topisdo:

Any body that has sense of moral and sense of shame will be too weak to fight for votes, rather he will want to clear his name first before asking for votes. Atiku's got no shame.

Too true if Atiku realy love Nigeria as much as he professes, he will throw his weight behing Buhari and then work on clearing his name. If he continues to keep the opposition divided, then we will not be able to dislodge PDP. He needs to wise up for the sake of Nigeria.
Re: Big News For Atiku's Supporters.he Is Not Disqualified. by Crownvilla(m): 2:24am On Mar 31, 2007
Hi peeps.

I recently read in one of the papers that the Supreme court will give its judgement on the matter by Monday, 2nd April.

Maurice Iwu said INEC will abide by the court decision and have made arrangements to include Atiku's details on the ballot papers if the court say he (Atiku) can contest.

My humble opinion is that there are too many loopholes in the constitution, I hope that once we get over the hurdle of these elections the National Assembly can look at all these laws again/amend them to preempt any confusion in the future.
Re: Big News For Atiku's Supporters.he Is Not Disqualified. by degoat: 2:48am On Mar 31, 2007
We do not have any control over this issue, till the voting process is fully developed and improved, I don't care.

(1) (Reply)

May Jonathan Never Be Like Atiku (obj) / Obasanjo Lies On Election, Watch This Youtube Video / Chronology Of Major Political Assasinations In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.