Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,304 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Converting Manual Transmission To Auto Transmission Is It Adviceable - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Converting Manual Transmission To Auto Transmission Is It Adviceable (7811 Views)

Very Clean America Spec Tokunbor 2002 Honda Baby Boy..manual Transmission / Mitsubushi Space Wagon(Three seater) Auto Transmission For 300K for urgent sale / Please Advise [converting Manual Transmission To Auto Trans.] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Converting Manual Transmission To Auto Transmission Is It Adviceable by Godswillu(m): 8:07pm On May 22, 2010
I have a manual Toyota corolla 2004 model
I am thinking of converting the manual transmission to auto
Please advice
Re: Converting Manual Transmission To Auto Transmission Is It Adviceable by KunleA2(m): 3:50am On May 23, 2010
Godswill_u:

I have a manual Toyota corolla 2004 model
I am thinking of converting the manual transmission to auto
Please advice

[b]Why didn't you buy an auto transmission in the first place? Both of them are so different in their operation that although its technically possible, its not financially feasible. You wont be able to afford it.

The auto transmission to begin with has its own "brainbox" called the transmission module. This is the one that is programmed to change the transmission on its own as you drive. On top of that, it works with the brainbox of the car itself. They are "talking" to each other. everytime you accelerate/decelerate, the petrol distribution is changing from the feedback.

On top of that is other components like transmission cooler (which is routed to the base of the radiator).

So you will need to change all necessary hardware and connections, reprogram your brainbox and other electronics components on the car. Plus you pray that it all works out. Is it possible? Yes! Can you afford it? I don't think so!

Why did i say so? I think you bought this car cos its cheap or so. But at the back of your mind you know that you really want an auto gear. Now you wanna double back to get what you really wanted without paying a lot of money. It doesn't work like that. You can't afford the conversion.

Or just sell this one, and buy an automatic gear car. I can't understand. Why you are so hell bent on an auto gear anyway? If so why buy this one in the first place?

Its like getting involved/marrying a girl and later start complaining that you don't like her height or tribe  undecided

Why? ! Why? !! why?!!!
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Converting Manual Transmission To Auto Transmission Is It Adviceable by Godswillu(m): 6:02pm On May 31, 2010
Thanks for advice.
it will be better for me sell the car and get an auto
i did not think of that.
Re: Converting Manual Transmission To Auto Transmission Is It Adviceable by femmy2010(m): 6:04pm On May 31, 2010
I would not advice that.Better you dispose the manual you have and use the funding to get an Auto.

(1) (Reply)

Cheap 2014 Tokunbo Camry LE / Toyota Rav4 2002 Model @ N1m (registered) Super Clean / »»» Sold!! Sold!! Neat Toyota Corolla Gli 2005 @ N1M Negotiable «««

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.