Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:27 AM

In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities (32077 Views)

About The High-rate Of Sexual Immoralities In The Church / Why You Should Avoid Sexual Immoralities On Campus / How Sexual Immoralities Actually Kills People By Sunday Akanni Moshood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 13, 2018
Words of marbles... grin
Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by pxjosh(m): 3:22pm On May 13, 2018
Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by sabbiboi: 3:36pm On May 13, 2018
nationalnwa:
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places....

Bro so you mean to say that there are spiritual powers from heaven fighting against you?
Same heaven everybody is trying to go live a sweet life after death?

Simple English some persons do not understand.
Heavenly places does that make it heaven.Hypocrites
Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by sulasa07(m): 3:42pm On May 13, 2018
To the lazy-Nigerian-youths,become useful by:
1:Nigeria is facing book haram issue,form ur own vigilante group n combat them
2:There is also Fulani Herdsmen issue too,find ways to suppress them instead of you joining Niger Delta Avengers who can't work but blow pipelines.
Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 13, 2018
All right folks...Sunday's Joke is served again....
Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by Incomparable(f): 4:09pm On May 13, 2018
HappyPagan:

Of course, I'm interested in my well-being. That's why I don't follow sexual advice from a Jewish pervert.

Your god hung on a cross, three nails killed the son of a carpenter. I'll never worship man-nailed Gods. sad angry sad

Dear brother, God loves you, He loves all of us, there's no discrimination with God, He sent His only begotten son to pay the ransom for our sins. Remember, all have sinned and have come short of God's glory. He made an alternative plan for our redemption from sin, death and Satan. Remember, nothing can wash away our sins but the blood of His son, who surrendered Himself to be crucified to redeem us back to God. I pray God meet you in a very serious way, the way He met and arrested Saul whom was changed to Paul on his way to Damascus. Amen.

1 Like

Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by Incomparable(f): 4:16pm On May 13, 2018
okwabayi:
It's obvious the christian God enjoys killings, corruption, lies and cheating compared to sins of the flesh. I wonder why every time all we hear about is avoiding fornication, even adultery doesn't get as much a spotlight.
My solution to the best kind of life to enjoy on earth is to do anything I know wouldn't bother my conscience. If a holy book does not speak of twitter, the internet or daily exercise then it is not a doctrine I will follow.
A religion I will abide to may come, in the near or distant future. For the meantime I'll live without worry.

Dear brother, nobody knows tomorrow. Choose ye this day whom you will serve, God or Mammon. Death can come at any time. Let's live our life to please God, let love Him because He first loves us. He is the way, truth and the life... Shalom

1 Like

Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by prinnzsky(m): 4:48pm On May 13, 2018
HappyPagan:

Of course, I'm interested in my well-being. That's why I don't follow sexual advice from a Jewish pervert.

Your god hung on a cross, three nails killed the son of a carpenter. I'll never worship man-nailed Gods. sad angry sad
you are an idiot
Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by hopefulLandlord: 4:58pm On May 13, 2018
prinnzsky:
you are an idiot

Says a Nigerian that believes a Jew killed by 3 nails in a small Israeli village aeons ago was dying for his sins, meanwhile the Jews themselves don't believe that nonsense but a particular prinnzsky read a book and concluded the Jews are wrong

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by okwabayi(m): 5:17pm On May 13, 2018
Incomparable:

Dear brother, nobody knows tomorrow. Choose ye this day whom you will serve, God or Mammon. Death can come at any time. Let's live our life to please God, let love Him because He first loves us. He is the way, truth and the life... Shalom
Which of the hundreds of thousands of religions does s/he own?

I pick a life to please myself and those dear to me. Whatever consequence I face in the afterlife will remain one of my choosing. God gave us free will, I'm exercising the right the best I can.
Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by yertyr(m): 5:27pm On May 13, 2018
okwabayi:

I pick a life to please myself and those dear to me. Whatever consequence I face in the afterlife will remain one of my choosing. God gave us free will, I'm exercising the right the best I can.
Good for you... U are very very smart
Some of u are really confused o
U just said God gave u free will... Why? Who asked him to? Free will to do what? Who is he to even give free will? Are u sure it is really free?
If u must deride something, get ur facts right so that u don't fall into a trap after 'exercising ur right the best way u can'
Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by helpishere(m): 6:14pm On May 13, 2018
Op, you are trying but used a wrong example of David. David had many wives, he married Abigail the wife of Nadab. He married Saul's daughter Micah. He took over the wives of King Saul but the case with Barsheba was wrong to the extent that the enemies of God were mocking God because of David that this is the so called man after God's heart. Whatever is noble,just. Think upon these, so says the bible and the system has made sexual sins a normal thing that even the recent translations of the bible has followed suit by terming all things sexual immorality. Fornication is a sin against the body while adultery is punishable by death. Those who fornicate are also to be stoned to death. Any girl who got married and not as a virgin is called a LovePeddler in the bible and should be stoned to death in front of her father's house. The bible is clear on that and advises us to think on noble and just and edifying things. So in this era that we live in, what is noble and just? Work dilligently with your own hands to give to those that ask of you. Let the comforts that God has comforted you with be given to others too. Lead one that falls in sin out of the mess that he has led himself and when you dwell on these activities, all other things will be added to you. Our evangelism is our way of life not telling one to repent. They should see what you preach in you. The disciples of Jesus were recognised because they walked in the way of Christ hence they were called Christians. Jesus Christ says that the Holy Spirit will teach us all things and not man nor seminars nor bible studies but the Spirit will lead us. Phillip was told by the Spirit to go and wait for the Ethiopian Eunuch and Peter was told to go to the house of Cornelius by the Spirit. What we have now is that churches dont allow the Spirit to come into the church anymore. I see many churches under lock and keys on weekdays with the sign that we are closed for business but we are open only on tuesdays and thursdays and sundays. Other days we are closed for business. If you really want to meet God, sorry He is not in but you can see the pastor his deputy. I wonder how Hannah would have been able to talk to God and had Samuel if the temple was always closed for business.
Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by Buffalowings3(m): 6:20pm On May 13, 2018
Nonsense write up
Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by mycare(m): 6:57pm On May 13, 2018
HappyPagan:

Because BELIEF is powerful. It makes silly stories feel true.

Nobody died for me. If anyone did, e concern am. I no send am.

Gentleman, you don't have to quote and attack a Christian post, you can easily scroll pass and don't comment.
Hold on to ur believe. Only time will tell.
Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by HappyPagan: 7:25pm On May 13, 2018
Incomparable:

Dear brother, God loves you, He loves all of us, there's no discrimination with God, He sent His only begotten son to pay the ransom for our sins.

Dear Sister, stop believing in a lie. Nobody died to pay ransom for any sins. Abraham's God is not your God. Find your own.
Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by HappyPagan: 7:27pm On May 13, 2018
mycare:

Gentleman, you don't have to quote and attack a Christian post, you can easily scroll pass and don't comment.
Hold on to ur believe. Only time will tell.
Dear friend, I'll choose to attack a Christian post if I want to. I can hold on to mine while attacking yours. It ain't difficult. wink

1 Like

Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by HappyPagan: 7:34pm On May 13, 2018
prinnzsky:
you are an idiot
I know. But you're the fool who believes a Jew died for you.

\ 0 / \/ || || ||
Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by nairaland2018: 9:42pm On May 13, 2018
HappyPagan:
Yet to understand why Abraham's God is so interested in the affairs of African genitals.

Makes him sound like an old Jewish pervert. Poor Mary. embarassed
Even the writings of a fool can be clearly seen on this platform. If you can't even have mercy on yourself, pity your generations to come...People that are weak in their religion talk trashes like this.
Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 13, 2018
Interesting15:

By Sunday Akanni Moshood

After writing on 'How Sexual Immoralities Actually Kills People', some youngsters grumbled on how tough it is to live a life of sexual chastity, and they demanded for 'alternatives' to fill 'the vacuum'.

Immediately, the Lord begin giving me ideas. My attention was particularly drawn to an eminent figure in the Bible: King David. The only sexual sin recorded against king David in the Bible was the one committed with Bathsheba (Uriah's wife).

Now, let's look at it this way. Before the day David indulged in the sexual immoral act with Bathsheba, what were the things he had occupied himself with that had prevented him from committing sexual sins against God in previous times?

Those are the things we want to learn from. And by the Grace of God, we will approach them from these two broad headings:

1. David - A Man Of War:

David was automatically enlisted into Israel's army immediately he killed Goliath of the Philistines. He officially became a man of war when he killed that giant at a tender age that is below 20. And ever since then, he had occupied himself with wars. He was fighting various wars with the enemies of God, that he had no time to commit sexual sins.

However, in 2 Samuel 11, we discovered a major factor that pushed him into the sin of sexual immorality. HE IGNORED THAT WHICH HAD GOT HIM OCCUPIED ALL THESE WHILE.

Today, you can also get occupied with wars. However, these aren't physical wars, but are now on a spiritual level. "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armour of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." Ephesians 6: 12, 13

Today, irrespective of your age, you can become a man/woman of war by joining God's Army. How can you be enlisted and become part of the Army of God? Simply accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of your life and forsake your sins. Then you become a True Warrior of Christ when you continue in righteousness and holiness.

Here is the beauty of everything. Irrespective of how strong your sexual hormones are, when you keep occupying yourself with spiritual activities required of a Warrior of Christ, you will have dominion over your flesh!

Make it a regular habit to indulge in spiritual exercises like praying, fasting, studying the Word of God (the Bible), evangelism, and see how your life would change for good.

2. David - A Man Occupied With Skills, Talents And Purposes

Before David became the king of Israel, he was a shepherd of sheep. Why was no sexual sin recorded against him at that point in time? Simply because, he was busy with his 'sheep shepherding skills'. Additionally, he was a musician who is always busy utilising his talents for the Glory of God.

How then can he have the time to spare for some nasty disgusting sexual immoral acts? You can learn from David. Here are some things you should note:

- David has a talent in music (natural endowment) and he also acquired a skill (shepherding) - all kept him busy.

- You also have your talents. Discover them and get busy utilising them for the Glory of God.

- If you claimed you don't have a talent (or having difficulties discovering them), you can learn various skills that can keep you busy.

- David's shepherding skill was fetching him and his family some money. You should also focus on productive activities that adds positive values to your life, and not sin that can kill you.

- David was in places that were building him up for greatness. You too should get busy attending positive seminars, workshops, leadership submits and conferences that will make you a better person in the society. Keep your mind off sex if you are not yet married, it's not for you!

In conclusion, I want to confidently tell you that it is 100% possible to live a sexually chaste lifestyle for the Glory of God, and it is not something too difficult to achieve (I'm a living testimony)

Just ensure you walk faithfully with God, associate yourself with godly people of like-minds, avoid things and places that can make you commit sexual sins, and you will be fine. God bless everyone of us in JESUS NAME. AMEN

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1612190042225588&id=100003038222908

Are u a virgin
Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by HappyPagan: 9:55pm On May 13, 2018
nairaland2018:

Even the writings of a fool can be clearly seen on this platform.
If it hurts you, it doesn't make it foolish. Sometimes, truth hurts.

nairaland2018:

If you can't even have mercy on yourself, pity your generations to come...
I do pity my generation, that's why I dropped Christianity. I've freed them from the curse of the Cross, that ancient lie that holds your self-esteem in bondage.

nairaland2018:

People that are weak in their religion talk trashes like this.
You sound hurt, Bro. Go take some panadol for your headache, or ask your God to kill me tonight if he dares. wink
Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by sonmvayina(m): 9:55pm On May 13, 2018
Exactly how is sex immoral?
Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by Igboboy59(m): 10:06pm On May 13, 2018
okwabayi:
It's obvious the christian God enjoys killings, corruption, lies and cheating compared to sins of the flesh. I wonder why every time all we hear about is avoiding fornication, even adultery doesn't get as much a spotlight.
My solution to the best kind of life to enjoy on earth is to do anything I know wouldn't bother my conscience. If a holy book does not speak of twitter, the internet or daily exercise then it is not a doctrine I will follow.
A religion I will abide to may come, in the near or distant future. For the meantime I'll live without worry.
Repent before its to late for you....
Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by Incomparable(f): 10:20pm On May 13, 2018
okwabayi:

I wish you the best.
Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by Incomparable(f): 10:27pm On May 13, 2018
HappyPagan:

Dear Sister, stop believing in a lie. Nobody died to pay ransom for any sins. Abraham's God is not your God. Find your own.

I chose God of Abraham and Isaac to be my God. I need no other evidence or plea, it is enough that Jesus died and rose again for me. Nothing can separate me from the love of God.

2 Likes

Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by HappyPagan: 10:34pm On May 13, 2018
Incomparable:

I chose God of Abraham and Isaac to be my God
You didn't choose. You have no other choice. Your God was stolen, and you were so properly colonized, you'd die for the Colonizer's dog now. Your life is worth more than an illiterate Jewish carpenter's...
Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by Oxalic(m): 11:57pm On May 13, 2018
Yes. It is possible to live a sexually-chaste lifestyle.
Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by sweetilicious(f): 1:49am On May 14, 2018
I regret my mistake in January. I thought i had it going well.I think it requires constantly feeding from the word of God.
Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by nairaland2018: 5:33am On May 14, 2018
HappyPagan:

If it hurts you, it doesn't make it foolish. Sometimes, truth hurts.

I do pity my generation, that's why I dropped Christianity. I've freed them from the curse of the Cross, that ancient lie that holds your self-esteem in bondage.

You sound hurt, Bro. Go take some panadol for your headache, or ask your God to kill me tonight if he dares. wink

It is crystal clear that you are dead living. Why do you still want to die again?
Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by HappyPagan: 7:55am On May 14, 2018
nairaland2018:

It is crystal clear that you are dead living. Why do you still want to die again?
Learn to speak English.
Re: In The Place Of Sexual Immoralities, Occupy Yourself With These Activities by nairaland2018: 6:31pm On May 14, 2018
HappyPagan:
Learn to speak English.
Only the livings can understand.

(1) (2) (Reply)

19 Year-old Coco Gauff Goes Down On Her Knees In Prayer After US Open Win(Photo) / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo, His Wife And Children (Photos) / "Marine Kingdom Member" Brings Vibes From Her Kingdom To Her Deliverance Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.