Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,602 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? (9581 Views)

Pastor Bakare Mocks Bishop Oyedepo For ‘Making Noise About His Private Jet’ / Oyedepo: Coronavirus Is Mere Noise From Hell, It's Just Like Fever / Senior Pastor Apprehended By The Police For Making "Too Much Noise" During Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by Omooba77: 7:57am On May 13, 2018
Giving has never been a new doctrine; it is as old as Creation. Cain and Abel gave; Abraham, Isaac, Jacob; David, Solomon, Widows in the days of Elijah and Elisha were not left out.
Even in the days of Jesus, a widow gave all she had.
Likewise people gave during the time of Apostles.
As long as earth remains; seed time and harvest will never cease... Genesis 8:22.
Please dont anyone rob you of your blessings because of wrong teachings. Luke 6:38 and Galatians 6:6-9 still potent. Have a blessed Sunday!

4 Likes

Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by Hardewarlee(m): 10:29am On May 13, 2018
Unfortunately , I found myself FTC on a Christian Thread. But the fact is We serve the same God so ......

Can somebody Shout Halleluyah !!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 Likes

Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:29am On May 13, 2018
1. Greed

2. Greed

3. Greed

AFFORDABLE BOOKKEEPING & ACCOUNTING SERVICES: ₦30,000 per month

CLICK, IF YOU NEED AN EXPERIENCED ACCOUNTANT TO MANAGE YOUR COMPANY'S ACCOUNT

2 Likes

Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by ShitHead(m): 10:31am On May 13, 2018
Laziness.
Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by Nobody: 10:31am On May 13, 2018
I don't pay tithe and (or) offering because most of those pastors are far richer than I am. I do assist people I'm richer than in any way I can in fact my girlfriend even complain that I help too much.

Don't tell me any stuff like "you are giving to God not your pastor" I am giving it to the pastor unless you give me God's account number.

18 Likes

Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by Tonyosas101(m): 10:31am On May 13, 2018
Depends on who we giving

5 Likes

Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by samzzycash(m): 10:31am On May 13, 2018
Well giving out of your own free will has always been the best thing.. Not forcefully not grudgingly not under compulsion.
But willingly i can give my entire salary if I wish but no one should come and tell me i won't make heaven if I don't pay tithe.

17 Likes

Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by lifezone247(m): 10:32am On May 13, 2018
And less noise about receiving.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 10:32am On May 13, 2018
Op if you're only reading the Old Testament, also read the New Testament, all this people you mentioned gave to God in form of sacrifices but JESUS came and gave the greatest sacrifices so that me and you will be free.

Jesus even asked a certain rich man to sale all he had and give it to the poor, he never said give it to church or your already rich pastors

15 Likes

Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by aguiyi2: 10:33am On May 13, 2018
Continuous stealing from the poor in the name of religion is wrong.

11 Likes

Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by ojun50(m): 10:33am On May 13, 2018
People are broke
infact am Broke i need somtin to survived dis week.

Help a broda
God bless u has u touch a life today nd dis week.
3024742288 first bank

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by HeyCorleone(m): 10:34am On May 13, 2018
quote author=Omooba77 post=67515650]Giving has never been a new doctrine; it is as old as Creation. Please dont anyone rob you of your blessings because of wrong teachings. Luke 6:38 and Galatians 6:6-9 still potent. Have a blessed Sunday![/quote]

I don't honestly understand what you're driving at.

The Lord Almighty blesses people according to how he chooses. Not by how much you've given to so so and so pastor in the form of tithe or offering.

The only sort of giving stressed by Jesus is giving to the poor as in them you find the face of God.

There is nothing Christianly about giving to an uber rich pastor who has private jets while you can't post of transport money on your way back home.

But if the pastor is poor or struggling with finances, by all means give. Or better still give money to the poor and homeless around you. You'd enjoy the satisfaction it offers.

11 Likes

Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by omojesu202(m): 10:35am On May 13, 2018
Na everyday be mothers day

3 Likes

Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by jpmoriarti(m): 10:35am On May 13, 2018
In christianity, it is sharing not giving. The early church shared what they have and everyone was blessed. But now even the poor give the little they have to private jet owners to maintain their fleets of wealth and grand lifestyle. Giving is unchristian-like

4 Likes

Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by Jaynom(m): 10:36am On May 13, 2018
JAMES 1:27. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
YOUR PASTORS Will never preach this!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by timilehing(m): 10:37am On May 13, 2018
Everything is business nowadays
Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by omojesu202(m): 10:37am On May 13, 2018
Omooba77:
Giving has never been a new doctrine; it is as old as Creation. Cain and Abel gave; Abraham, Isaac, Jacob; David, Solomon, Widows in the days of Elijah and Elisha were not left out.
As long as earth remains; seed time and harvest will never cease... Genesis 8:22.
Please dont anyone rob you of your blessings because of wrong teachings. Luke 6:38 and Galatians 6:6-9 still potent. Have a blessed Sunday!

Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by Jaynom(m): 10:38am On May 13, 2018
Omooba77:

NOBODY! I repeat NOBODY is against giving! If you want to give, give to :
(1) The Poor.
(2) The Widows & Orphans.
(3) Give to your Neighbor (Christian or Muslim) who is in need .
There's Noise about Giving because of the LEGION of greedy Pastors that has plaqued our society. Too many PASTORpreneurs manipulating & extorting gullible Christians. Have u ever heard Muslims or Jews complain about Giving? Have you asked why? That's FOOD FOR THOUGHT for you. Get a PLATE!

10 Likes

Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by Nobody: 10:39am On May 13, 2018
Christian life which is pattern and based on christ teaching and his life was based on love,giving,repentance, pure life,and forgiveness, giving is very Paramount as evidence of love

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by kayDooo(m): 10:40am On May 13, 2018
Its good to give real ppl that need it

7 Likes

Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by jamace(m): 10:44am On May 13, 2018
OP, giving is not the issue but paying tithe.

You give out of personal volition but tithing is a law, which is outdated, but our pastors of today have turned tithing to their main teaching because the pastors are greedy. The pastors have left the preaching of salvation which is the theme of the new testament teaching.

5 Likes

Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by livebullet(m): 10:51am On May 13, 2018
What is trending on giving today is a drive by the preachers to keep their source of survival open... Why is nobody preaching "help the poor"... Rather they have so much basterdized poverty to now make d poor look like being poor is always their own making hence deserve nothing from the well to do... But the church deserves all our coin? Ignoring the poor and enriching the church is rubbish... Lets not forget Mother Theresa

5 Likes

Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by Binchim(m): 11:02am On May 13, 2018
samzzycash:
Well giving out of your own free will has always been the best thing.. Not forcefully not grudgingly not under compulsion.
But willingly i can give my entire salary if I wish but no one should come and tell me i won't make heaven if I don't pay tithe.

Definitely no one should give out of duress. It's an act of thanks giving. We give because God has blessed us not an assurance for blessing!

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by Lomprico2: 11:06am On May 13, 2018
Omooba77:

I attended a church last week and the pastor created a 'fuel club' a club for members who will be contributing to fuel his vehicles. tithe was still collected that day o. I tot u guys say tithe is for d pastors upkeep? Why all these extra monies being collected?

Its rubbish like this that make people complain. Pastors are extremely greedy these days. No God in them at all.

2 Likes

Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by kmaster007: 11:13am On May 13, 2018
shout-out to pastors dat hv private jet....

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by bionixs: 11:24am On May 13, 2018
samzzycash:
as you give your offering toGod in the church,I wonder if you are richer than God. it is often said,think of what you will do for your country and not what your country will do for you. maybe you are richer than your country. oga,get a tiny sense nau
Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by samzzycash(m): 11:27am On May 13, 2018
bionixs:
as you give your offering toGod in the church,I wonder if you are richer than God. it is often said,think of what you will do for your country and not what your country will do for you. maybe you are richer than your country. oga,get a tiny sense nau
please whoever understands my comment should help me explain to this idiot. Abeg I don't have strength this Sunday morning mtcheww.

5 Likes

Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by Omooba77: 11:32am On May 13, 2018
ALCOHOLKILLS:
Op if you're only reading the Old Testament, also read the New Testament, all this people you mentioned gave to God in form of sacrifices but JESUS came and gave the greatest sacrifices so that me and you will be free.

Jesus even asked a certain rich man to sale all he had and give it to the poor, he never said give it to church or your already rich pastors

Luke 6:38
Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by Omooba77: 11:35am On May 13, 2018
Lomprico2:

I attended a church last week and the pastor created a 'fuel club' a club for members who will be contributing to fuel his vehicles. tithe was still collected that day o. I tot u guys say tithe is for d pastors upkeep? Why all these extra monies being collected?

Its rubbish like this that make people complain. Pastors are extremely greedy these days. No God in them at all.

Giving must be willing and voluntary

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by Lomprico2: 11:42am On May 13, 2018
Omooba77:

Giving must be willing and voluntary

The tithe can take care of all his needs why tax for more if not greed.

Its not willing nor voluntary its done by blackmail.

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? by blinkz4real: 11:47am On May 13, 2018
@op it seems as if we attended d same church 2day cos d same msg was preached n all d Bible u quoted here was wot d Pst used. I guess it was lfc jalingo, donga Road abi?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Christians Rage, When Atheists Demand Proofs? / Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! / Yahya Toure Preached Islam To Me; Didier Drogba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.