Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,075 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 - Autos (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 (92425 Views)

Mr. Transmission-milex/ Rad Auto Works opening in other cities And We Want YOU. / Made In The USA Carquest SAE 5W-30 Motor Oil For Sale / The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 4:10am On Jul 03, 2018
It's okay OYB. Time will tell cool
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by AutoElectNG: 4:16am On Jul 03, 2018
oyb:

oh, i believe in warranties, however most suppliers etal in this country do not honour them. you have to be very aggressive invoking cpc etal. read the receipts of just about anything you buy.

the 'educated public' is a very very small subset of the population, or as i put it, the lekki alakowes. everyone else, educated or not just rolls with it.

most businessmen in nigeria are actually hustlers who are simply selling products that 'move'. you find this out quickly when there are service issues.

Agreed, I bought a Trane battery that is supposed to be a premium battery, it has not lasted one year. It has failed, there is no need to go back to the source, how I wish it was a Bosch, I know they have a presence in country.

This is a premium brand name for which I paid a premium price for.

The battery charger guy said, this Trane is not as it used to be before, it used to be as heavy to lift as a bag of cement or something approximate.

Either they don't make them as they used to,or it was a cheap imitation from China, so please bring us Bosch batteries!

I prefer the top of the line Bosch battery, I think it is called S6!

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 4:35am On Jul 03, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Agreed, I bought a Trane battery that is supposed to be a premium battery, it has not lasted one year. It has failed, there is no need to go back to the source, how I wish it was a Bosch, I know they have a presence in country.

The battery charger guy said, this Trane is not as it used to be before, it used to be as heavy to lift as a bag of cement or something approximate.

Either they don't make them as they used to,or it was a cheap imitation from China, so please bring us Bosch batteries!

All our batteries are Autocraft. Grades from silver to Platinum. That's all Carquest offers.

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Nobody: 5:04am On Jul 03, 2018
AutoElectNG:

This is a premium brand name for which I paid a premium price for.

If you bought it from a reputable outfit that offers a warranty then you will be good.

I bought my original battery in Sept 2015, it came with a 3 years exchange warranty (ends Sept 2018) and then a 2 years prorated warranty.

First-year (Oct 2016) the battery failed (a cell got loose), they swapped out the battery for free with a new one in 10 minutes.

Yesterday July 2018 it failed again and I got another free exchange. If this fails before September then I will get another fresh battery.

Apart from the inconvenience I have no complaints due to the warranty.

I, EgunMogaji oko Habibatu Alake will never buy a $310 battery, as in hell will freeze over first grin

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by thebigkendo(m): 7:28am On Jul 03, 2018
EgunMogaji:

If you bought it from a reputable outfit that offers a warranty then you will be good.

I bought my original battery in Sept 2015, it came with a 3 years exchange warranty (ends Sept 2018) and then a 2 years prorated warranty.

First-year (Oct 2016) the battery failed (a cell got loose), they swapped out the battery for free with a new one in 10 minutes.

Yesterday July 2018 it failed again and I got another free exchange. If this fails before September then I will get another fresh battery.

Apart from the inconvenience I have no complaints due to the warranty.

I, EgunMogaji oko Habibatu Alake will never buy a $310 battery, as in hell will freeze over first grin

grin grin grin grin Ijebu uncle

2 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by AutoElectNG: 3:52pm On Jul 03, 2018
radautoworks:

All our batteries are Autocraft. Grades from silver to Platinum. That's all Carquest offers.

How much would 75AH of each of these cost?

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 03, 2018
I’m interested in seeing how this AH versus CCA will go grin
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by AutoElectNG: 4:04pm On Jul 03, 2018
EgunMogaji:
I’m interested in seeing how this AH versus CCA will go grin
Me too smiley
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 8:33pm On Jul 03, 2018
AutoElectNG:

How much would 75AH of each of these cost?

You wouldn't happen to have the part numbers would you? There are a lot of these. Also, funny story, they are grouped in our system using CCA shocked
From random searching, I'm seeing a range of 41k to 91k retail.
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Kashif(m): 4:17pm On Jul 04, 2018
radautoworks:

So how did it turn out

It was replaced.
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 6:51pm On Jul 04, 2018
Kashif:

It was replaced.
NICE so there IS good customer service in Nigeria starting to emerge contrary to some beliefs lol

2 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Piyke: 10:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
My personal opinion... Not sure if batteries will be a good line to stock. I think Nigerians generally are not into premium batteries. Also consider the fact that batteries are perishable, having them sit on the shelf for long will increase your inventory costs and possibly lead to more warranty replacements.
Maybe the auto guys in Lagos can comment on the willingness to pay for premium batteries.
I could be wrong though.

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 04, 2018
Piyke:
My personal opinion... Not sure if batteries will be a good line to stock. I think Nigerians generally are not into premium batteries. Also consider the fact that batteries are perishable, having them sit on the shelf for long will increase your inventory costs and possibly lead to more warranty replacements.
Maybe the auto guys in Lagos can comment on the willingness to pay for premium batteries.
I could be wrong though.

Things are starting to change.

I will buy a premium battery especially one that comes with a warranty.

I won't even deal with work that involves subpar batteries but I am targeting a different demographic of clientele.
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Mikkylounge: 11:53pm On Jul 04, 2018
Piyke:
I could be wrong though.
we are paying 28-35k for crappy batteries that will need to be replaced every 2yrs, why won't we pay 70k+ for batteries that will be replaced under warranty so long as the warranty is beyond 4 years angry

5 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 05, 2018
Piyke:
I could be wrong though.

i think it i more a case of poverty mentality - a lot of nigerian businessmen hustlers are a afraid of selling quality items because for them, long lasting goods are reduced sales.

if i buy a bulb that lasts three years, that is money lost vs my buying bulb from you every 4 months.

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Piyke: 2:07pm On Jul 05, 2018
oyb:

i think it i more a case of poverty mentality - a lot of nigerian businessmen hustlers are a afraid of selling quality items because for them, long lasting goods are reduced sales.

if i buy a bulb that lasts three years, that is money lost vs my buying bulb from you every 4 months.

I have learnt the lesson on this one; I only buy Belgium bulbs! I have the eye to tell the ones that still have A-grade filaments. All the Chinese bulbs are no good. They will die on you and when FRSC stops you you will almost swear that the bulb is still working!

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Piyke: 2:09pm On Jul 05, 2018
Mikkylounge:

we are paying 28-35k for crappy batteries that will need to be replaced every 2yrs, why won't we pay 70k+ for batteries that will be replaced under warranty so long as the warranty is beyond 4 years angry

Since I learnt what to look out for when buying a battery, they last me 3 yrs approx. Seems good enough for me for the price
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by banky3w(m): 2:40pm On Jul 05, 2018
Please quote me the prices of the following parts for Honda accord 2005 EX V6
1. Bosch front and rear brakepads
2. Bosch front and rear rotors
3. Honda genuine coolant.
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 4:12pm On Jul 05, 2018
Mikkylounge:

Even in the USA there is no 4 year...
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 05, 2018
radautoworks:

Even in the USA there is no 4 year...

5 years is actually very popular Ma.

But we have to be specific. The first 3 years is direct and free replacement, no questions asked. The last two years is still replacement but with a prorated charge.

Interstate Batteries offer 4 years on some of their top line AGM stuff.

2 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 6:06pm On Jul 05, 2018
banky3w:
Please quote me the prices of the following parts for Honda accord 2005 EX V6
1. Bosch front and rear brakepads
2. Bosch front and rear rotors
3. Honda genuine coolant.

I only have Wearever, Wagner and Akebono brakes for this vehicle. Unless it's a tuner car, i'm not sure why you would put bosch brakes and rotors on a 2005 Accord....

Comparable to your request is:
Carquest Wearever Platinum Ceramic Front Brake Pads with mounting hardware N26,645 2 year warranty http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=PDP&partNumber=PXD1276H 6-10 day 0.9HR LABOR
OR
Carquest Wearever Gold Ceramic Front Brake Pads N18,615 1 year warranty http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=WVR&partNumber=GNAD959 IN STOCK

Carquest Wearever Platinum Ceramic Rear Brake Pads with mounting hardware N27,740 2 year warranty http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=PDP&partNumber=PXD537H 6-10 DAY 0.9HR LABOR
OR
Carquest Wearever Gold Ceramic Rear Brake Pads with shims and wear sensor N18,250 1 year warranty http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=WVR&partNumber=GNAD537 6-10 DAY

Carquest Platinum Rear Rotors N12,775 each 1 year warranty http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=BDR&partNumber=YH145405P 6-10 DAY 0.8HR LABOR

Carquest Platinum Front Rotors Painted hat and edge; 120 hour salt spray tested N18,980 each 1 year warranty http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=BDR&partNumber=YH145232P IN STOCK 0.8HR LABOR

Zerex and Maxlife Antifreeze 1 Gallon Jug N10,220 http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=ANT&partNumber=675130 IN STOCK 0.8HR LABOR

TOTAL LABOR 4.2 HRS WITH 3MONTH WARRANTY = N21,000

TOTAL PARTS (PLATINUM OPTION)= N128,115
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 6:10pm On Jul 05, 2018
EgunMogaji:

5 years is actually very popular Ma.

But we have to be specific. The first 3 years is direct and free replacement, no questions asked. The last two years is still replacement but with a prorated charge.

Interstate Batteries offer 4 years on some of their top line AGM stuff.

Agreed. I meant direct/free replacement. I don't usually bother with prorate. Our AGMs come with 3 year.

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 05, 2018
radautoworks:

Agreed. I meant direct/free replacement. I don't usually bother with prorate. Our AGMs come with 3 year.

Okay, I completely understand now.
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by sholarb(m): 8:50pm On Jul 05, 2018
Impressive setup and amazing customer service! Got me a new accord PCV valve at the store this evening.

@radautoworks, I believe it was you I spoke with on your staff phone. Thanks 4d Nairaland discount on the item. I also got the valve fixed for free (within 5mins) on request...you guys rock.

Ma'am, you should look at automating your item prices in Naira and also invoicing in Naira. Naira remain the only legal tender in this country.

7 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 9:18pm On Jul 05, 2018
Piyke:

I have learnt the lesson on this one; I only buy Belgium bulbs! I have the eye to tell the ones that still have A-grade filaments. All the Chinese bulbs are no good. They will die on you and when FRSC stops you you will almost swear that the bulb is still working!

we have bulbs starting from N730 grin

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 9:22pm On Jul 05, 2018
sholarb:
Impressive setup and amazing customer service! Got me a new accord PCV valve at the store this evening.

@radautoworks, I believe it was you I spoke with on your staff phone. Thanks 4d Nairaland discount on the item. I also got the valve fixed for free (within 5mins) on request...you guys rock.

Ma'am, you should look at automating your item prices in Naira and also invoicing in Naira. Naira remain the only legal tender in this country.

THAT WAS YOU? Yay! Yes, we spoke. All my staff went through 40 hours of customer service before I left. Unfortunately, Naira seems to be unprogrammable for Carquest. Same reason they don't have any non-USA store websites undecided
Please don't forget to leave us a review on our facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/CarquestNG/

@EgunMogaji dem dey leave you behind o lol

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 05, 2018
radautoworks:

THAT WAS YOU? Yay! Yes, we spoke. All my staff went through 40 hours of customer service before I left. Unfortunately, Naira seems to be unprogrammable for Carquest. Same reason they don't have any non-USA store websites undecided
Please don't forget to leave us a review on our facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/CarquestNG/

@EgunMogaji dem dey leave you behind o lol

grin

My time too shall come.

I shall invade RadAuto and pillage a few things cheesy

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Danfuster(m): 1:04am On Jul 06, 2018
@radautoworks: this is a wonderful update for car enthusiasts, now we can go all out for cars of our dream without fear.

Do be kind to avail me with the quote for 2004 Benz W211 4matic:

1. Front and rear brake pads

2. Front Brake rotor

3. MAF sensor

4. Throttle body

5. Auxiliary battery

Thanks.
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 1:16am On Jul 06, 2018
Danfuster:
@radautoworks: this is a wonderful update for car enthusiasts, now we can go all out for cars of our dream without fear.

2. Front Brake rotor

3. MAF sensor

4. Throttle body

5. Auxiliary battery

Thanks.

I was remarkably confused when I first read this. I had never heard of Mercedes W class. Turns out it was the E Class Chassis designation. You learn something new every day. Is it possible to get the VIN of the car? The catalog doesn't have W's.

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Danfuster(m): 1:56am On Jul 06, 2018
radautoworks:

I was remarkably confused when I first read this. I had never heard of Mercedes W class. Turns out it was the E Class Chassis designation. You learn something new every day. Is it possible to get the VIN of the car? The catalog doesn't have W's.

Oh yea cheesy, it's the E320 chassis, only that she's the E350 variant.

VIN: WDBUF82J24X123816
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 2:49am On Jul 06, 2018
Danfuster:

2. Front Brake rotor

3. MAF sensor

4. Throttle body

5. Auxiliary battery

Thanks.

Thanks! As usual, there are other options for these. These are the ones I recommend though.
1. Front and rear brake pads 1.4 + 1.6 HR LABOR
CARQUEST Wearever Platinum Professional Ceramic Front Brake Pads, Includes Pad Installation Hardware N30,660 2 year warranty http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=PDP&partNumber=PXD853H 6-10 DAY

Carquest Wearever Gold Ceramic Rear Brake Pads N18,615 1 year warranty http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=WVR&partNumber=GNAD986 IN STOCK

2. Front Brake rotor 0.4 HR LABOR
Carquest Platinum 295mm, Painted hat and edge; 120 hour salt spray tested N32,120 each 6 month warranty http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=BDR&partNumber=YH145483P IN STOCK

3. MAF sensor 0.8 HR LABOR
Bosch Mass Air Flow Sensor, OE N107,675 I year warranty http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=MAF&partNumber=0280217810 6-10 DAY

4. Throttle body 0.9 HR LABOR
Bosch Throttle Body Assembly OE N278,776 1 year warranty http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=ETB&partNumber=0280750019 6-10 DAY

5. Auxiliary battery 0.4 HR LABOR
Power Sport Platinum AGM; Auxiliary Battery OE CCA 170, Battery Spec: 200 CCA N48,910 6 month warranty http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=BEP&partNumber=AUX14 6-10 day

TOTAL PARTS + LABOR= N516,756 + N27,500 = N544,256
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Cosplay: 9:29am On Jul 06, 2018
Suggestion: Modify the thread title to indicate that you're currently up and running.

Opening in June 2019? smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (57) (Reply)

Fhemmmy Motos Presents You Toyota Camry From 2007 Model And Newer At Low Prices / IMPORT DUTY CHECK here / NEED Spare Parts For Your CARs and SUVs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.