Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,119 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 - Autos (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 (91962 Views)

Mr. Transmission-milex/ Rad Auto Works opening in other cities And We Want YOU. / Made In The USA Carquest SAE 5W-30 Motor Oil For Sale / The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Eizenburg: 9:15pm On May 27, 2020
radautoworks:

The problem is the car drop off at gate. People usually want to come in and wait which we won't be allowing.

If you have a waiting area, I’m assuming you do, and it’s strictly by appointment, crowd can easily be controlled.
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 6:18pm On May 28, 2020
Holding a meeting tomorrow to make final decision. Thanks for the input
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 1:49am On May 31, 2020
With the increase in ordering used cars overseas, someone might find this information useful

https://news.yahoo.com/cars-most-likely-engine-rebuild-100013746.html

The common concern with cars as they age is dependability—not only that they may not get you to work one day but also that a catastrophic failure could cost thousands of dollars. Major problems are rare in general, but they do happen.

To understand how often such problems occurred, we analyzed data on older models from our Annual Autos Surveys to see which have the highest problem rates for major systems that often require expensive repairs.

Three problems areas stood out: engine, head gasket, and transmission. With some models, these problems occur with surprising frequency at a certain age and mileage.

Engine problems are among the greatest mechanical nightmares for their inconvenience, expense, and time to repair. We found that there are more than a dozen older models with problems serious enough to require engine rebuilds.

“Engine failure can be caused by many things,” says John Ibbotson, Consumer Reports’ chief mechanic. “Some engine rebuilds are needed due to low compression from worn piston rings, resulting in lack of power, misfiring, or excessive oil consumption, while others suffer from crankshaft or connecting rod bearing failure, signaled by a knocking sound.” Due to the difficulty and time required to rebuild an engine, often shops will replace the original engine with one that has been remanufactured.

An Audi A4 owner reported, “We have put over $12,000 into this car. Something breaks, we fix it. Something else breaks, we have to fix it. We are retirement age and cannot buy a new car.”

It can be a challenge finding the right shop to take on a major repair, which requires talent, time, and parts. A Mini Cooper owner wrote, “Cylinder number three failed while on the highway, at cruising speed. Not only is a replacement motor very expensive, but no local shop wants to do the job, because of the complexity.”

To help warn both current owners and used-car shoppers, we compiled a list of 10 models that stood out as having the most severe problems, as determined by frequency and cost.

They are presented below in rank order, starting with the one with the highest problem rate. We include the model year with the greatest problems (and when applicable, a range of years affected by this problem), the typical mileage range when the problem occurs, and where possible, we recommend similar alternative vehicles without this concern. If no alternatives are presented, that means similar cars had the same issue or another significant problem.

The journey to 200,000 miles can be a bumpy one, but it doesn't have to be if you start with a good, reliable car and properly maintain it, per the directions in the owner’s manual. Consumer Reports always recommends shoppers consult the reliability ratings, based on our large-scale member surveys, to predict the models that have better odds of being trouble-free. This detailed data can be found on our car model pages.

2010 Audi A4 2.0T
Model years affected: 2009-2010
Typical mileage: 107,000-153,000
Alternatives without this problem: 2008-2010 Lexus ES, 2008-2010 Infiniti G, 2009-2010 Acura TL

2008 Ford F-350 6.4L diesel
Typical mileage: 65,000-119,000
Alternatives: None

2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Typical mileage: 102,500-133,000
Alternatives without this problem: 2003-2004 Toyota Matrix

2008 Mini Cooper/Clubman
Model years affected: 2008-2009
Typical mileage: 122,000-129,500
Alternatives without this problem: 2008 Mazda3

2010 Chevrolet Equinox/GMC Terrain
Typical mileage: 84,500-108,500
Alternatives without this problem: 2008-2010 Honda CR-V, 2008-2010 Toyota RAV4

2006 Jeep Wrangler 2.4L
Typical mileage: Approximately 150,000
Alternatives without this problem: 2004-2008 Toyota 4Runner

2010 Cadillac SRX
Typical mileage: Approximately 130,000
Alternatives without this problem: 2008-2010 Lexus RX, 2010 Acura MDX

2003 Acura MDX
Typical mileage: Approximately 190,000
Alternatives without this problem: 2003-2005 Lexus RX

2006 Buick Lucerne
Typical mileage: 116,000-143,000
Alternatives without this problem: 2006 Lexus GS, 2004-2008 Toyota Avalon

2010 GMC Acadia
Typical mileage: 106,000-129,000
Alternatives without this problem: 2008-2010 Toyota Highlander
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 6:16am On May 31, 2020
Schedule your appointment at https://www.mrtransmissionmilexnigeria.com/appointments[color=#000000]

Help us keep everyone safe and efficient by observing the following rules:

MUST wear a mask at all times
MUST remain in the lobby if waiting.
NO CASH PAYMENTS
Walk-ins will NOT BE ACCEPTED

We will be more than happy to take care of you if you keep us safe.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATRONAGE!

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by anyibig: 7:22am On Jun 02, 2020
Good day, may I know the estimate cost of fuel system service on a toyota corolla 2005 please. Will like to book for an appointment. Thanks
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 8:14am On Jun 02, 2020
anyibig:
Good day, may I know the estimate cost of fuel system service on a toyota corolla 2005 please. Will like to book for an appointment. Thanks

Please email support@radautoworks.com or use https://www.mrtransmissionmilexnigeria.com/parts-request
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by dapotemi: 10:21am On Jun 03, 2020
Madam radu, from the Uber thread. Pls, I was with a company I had relationship with earlier today and I notice, from conversation that they need a company like yours, that will help in maintaining their vehicles. Right now they use metropolitan but I think they want another. Immediately I remember you and I directed them to you, I quickly Google radautoworks and I got this number= 08034197461. I gave it to them, they also said one of their drivers will check you out, I gave your address also. They're in V. I, with about 50 vehicles or thereabouts, Mostly Toyota.. Pls, is the phone number right?
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 12:50pm On Jun 03, 2020
dapotemi:
Madam radu, from the Uber thread. Pls, I was with a company I had relationship with earlier today and I notice, from conversation that they need a company like yours, that will help in maintaining their vehicles. Right now they use metropolitan but I think they want another. Immediately I remember you and I directed them to you, I quickly Google radautoworks and I got this number= 08034197461. I gave it to them, they also said one of their drivers will check you out, I gave your address also. They're in V. I, with about 50 vehicles or thereabouts, Mostly Toyota.. Pls, is the phone number right?

Thank you for thinking about us. These are our numbers below. Also in our signature. Just tell them to ask for my husband Glen.
We are grateful.

2 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 4:31pm On Jun 12, 2020
The same Blunt Effects you loved as a spray now available as perfume wands! Incense is N1,200 per pack of 12!

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 1:05am On Jul 25, 2020
Covid is a liar. While it showed down our supply chain for a while we are back better and faster than ever! As usual, we keep trying to find ways to bring prices down for you. If the trial period is successful, you will be able to look up inventory and prices yourself online and we will be able to cut prices 10-15%!

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Carbuyer83: 8:44am On Aug 04, 2020
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 3:40pm On Aug 04, 2020
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Bizzyliss(m): 3:55pm On Aug 08, 2020
Part for 05 highlander. How much and can dey do delivery to ojo?

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 12:56am On Aug 10, 2020
Bizzyliss:
Part for 05 highlander. How much and can dey do delivery to ojo?

support@radautoworks.com will get you the answers you need fast
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 9:48pm On Aug 13, 2020
Dear NLers,

We are glad to announce the introduction of Carquest Weblink, your 24/7 electronic connection to Carquest/Rad Auto Works. This system allows you to view pricing of parts, tools, accessories and fluids and inventory at both the Lagos and Florida distribution centers! Simply add items to your cart and email or call with the part numbers to place an order. We are opening it to you before the general public to get your feedback as you have been so good to us in the past.

Visit http://weblink.carquest.com/

username cust498
password Password1

HOW DOES THIS WORK?

1) Login in and find the part you want. USE THE ABOKIFX.COM EXCHANGE RATE FOR THE DAY.

2) Email support@radautoworks.com, call or use our part request form at https://www.mrtransmissionmilexnigeria.com/parts-request or https://www.radautoworks.com/parts-request and choose pickup or delivery (for a fee). If the item is neither at Lekki nor Ocala, FL one of our auto assistants will check our other 17 distribution centers and invoice you.

Once payment is received, order is shipped or held for pickup.

3) Sit back and wait for your part to arrive. If it is coming from Florida, expect 7-14 business days though it is frequently faster. If it is coming from one of our other distribution centers please add another week. Shipping to the Lekki Warehouse is usually included though certain items like rotors will incur additional shipping charges.

PLEASE NOTE THAT NIGERIAN WARRANTIES ARE HALF OF STATED USA WARRANTIES. IN THE EVENT THE USA WARRANTY SAYS LIFETIME, THE NIGERIAN WARRANTY IS 2 YEARS EXCEPT FOR BRAKE PADS. BRAKE PADS ARE AS FOLLOWS: SILVER (1 YEAR), GOLD (2 YEAR), PLATINUM (LIFETIME).

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 3:08pm On Aug 16, 2020
sholatech:
@radautoworks,

1. Can we pick up some urgent needed spare parts tomorrow from you?

2. Do you provide franchising opportunity if - need to operate some of your outlets in cities outside Lagos?

Please see the post below your comment above. It has been edited.
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 2:03pm On Aug 18, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Kamalu5258(m): 3:12pm On Aug 18, 2020
I hope Benin is Among the 10 cities you are planning to expand to Sha? We've suffered too much from fake parts here
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 3:51pm On Aug 18, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:14am On Aug 20, 2020
Morning, Aunty Radu. smiley

How much are 2010 C207 E550 Coupe rear shocks. The OE electronic dampening shocks.
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by weyreypey: 9:00am On Aug 20, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

How much are 2010 C207 E550 Coupe rear shocks. The OE electronic dampening shocks.

2 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:24am On Aug 20, 2020
weyreypey:

Mo ya look away.

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by weyreypey: 9:53am On Aug 20, 2020
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 1:34pm On Aug 20, 2020
Kamalu5258:
I hope Benin is Among the 10 cities you are planning to expand to Sha? We've suffered too much from fake parts here

We can deliver to Benin right now. If we find a franchisee we will come.
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 1:35pm On Aug 20, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

You're the perfect test subject!

https://www.nairaland.com/4501821/milex-carquest-2nd-largest-usa/50#92789625
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:59pm On Aug 20, 2020
radautoworks:

You're the perfect test subject!

https://www.nairaland.com/4501821/milex-carquest-2nd-largest-usa/50#92789625

Doesn't appear to be listed. Only things there are front strut mounts and bellows.

Also, the system may need some fine-tuning. I searched for power steering hose and saw PS fluid listed instead.
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 2:08pm On Aug 20, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Doesn't appear to be listed. Only things there are front strut mounts and bellows.

Also, the system may need some fine-tuning. I searched for power steering hose and saw PS fluid listed instead.
EDITED:
It's intentionally built to show related items especially if what you're looking for is not available. The power steering hose is not a specialized hose that's why it didn't come up in that search. It's under heavy duty chemicals, accessories and tools. See picture for hoses Brb.

Available through our sister Worldpac.

Bilstein B8 Performance Plus $248 each.

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 2:59pm On Aug 20, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

back. look up.
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 8:16pm On Aug 27, 2020
September BACK ON THE ROAD SPECIAL

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:10pm On Aug 27, 2020
radautoworks:

EDITED:
It's intentionally built to show related items especially if what you're looking for is not available. The power steering hose is not a specialized hose that's why it didn't come up in that search. It's under heavy duty chemicals, accessories and tools. See picture for hoses Brb.

Available through our sister Worldpac.

Bilstein B8 Performance Plus $248 each.

Oh, I missed this.
Bilstein's aren't OE, they'll trigger a fault. Sachs available?

PN: 207-320-25-30-M10
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 9:37pm On Aug 27, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Oh, I missed this.
Bilstein's aren't OE, they'll trigger a fault. Sachs available?

PN: 207-320-25-30-M10

If it's not listed on the site it's not available. The Bilstein B4 ( $174.65) are OE and KYB OEMI'm check worldpac real quick.

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Joe4lv(m): 9:55pm On Aug 27, 2020
radautoworks:

We can deliver to Benin right now. If we find a franchisee we will come.

Please, aunty Radu, what do you mean by this statement?

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (57) (Reply)

Fhemmmy Motos Presents You Toyota Camry From 2007 Model And Newer At Low Prices / IMPORT DUTY CHECK here / NEED Spare Parts For Your CARs and SUVs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.