Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,149 members, 7,829,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 (1928 Views)

Any Studying In Sweden, The Best University In Sweden For Nigerians / Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 / Tuition Free Education In Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by deoyel25(m): 12:54am On May 23, 2010
Hello,
I created this thread only for those who have been admitted to study in Sweden for Autumn 2010. Lets update one another as per the visa processing. Either you have been admitted to an undergraduate or masters course, kindly share your progress here. I have been admitted to one year masters programme and I am going to apply for my residence permit next week. All the best to everybody.
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by Nobody: 5:41am On May 23, 2010
Wish you well o!But i know they dont give
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by lad1000: 5:51am On May 23, 2010
You'll need 7300 swedish krona * 10 which is 73000 swedish krona.The exchange rate for a swedish krona is 21 naira presently.Multiply 7300 swdish krona by 21 which is 1533000. Keep the exact amount or more in your account for some couple of weeks so that the embassy can verify the money in your bank.I just noticed on their website that they require health insurance for those studying for a year or less.Last year,it was requested for those studying for less than a year.I really don't know how compulsory it is.All the best.
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by lad1000: 5:58am On May 23, 2010
at Wish you well o!But i know they dont give

I can assure you that they grant visas.I applied last year but was refused because the money in my account was not enough.I was admitted to Malmo University for 3 years program and i provided 3.1 million in my account but was refused because the funds were not enough.The required amount in naira was 4.6 million or more.Those who have the required money were granted visas.another problem is that most students are submitting fake statements of account.They'll detect very fast if anyone submits a false account.I'm re-admitted in the same University and will hopefully submit my application next week with the required funds.Wish everyone success.
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by lad1000: 6:02am On May 23, 2010
at doyels 25
The information about the health insurance has been updated on their website.You don't need it anymore.It's only for those studying less than a year.
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by deoyel25(m): 7:56am On May 23, 2010
@olas2u, thanks. But most of the rejection is because of insufficient fund and incomplete document.
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by deoyel25(m): 9:10am On May 23, 2010
@Lad1000, yea. It has been updated but I was told by my University in their welcome letter that I should go for health insurance. To be on a safer side, I've done the insurance.
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 23, 2010
Well guys i wish all of you good luck,I visit sweden almost every weekend and they will start school fess soon,i live in the scandanavia.
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by deoyel25(m): 6:18pm On May 23, 2010
olas2u:

Well guys i wish all of you good luck,I visit sweden almost every weekend and they will start school fess soon,i live in the scandanavia.

Thanks guy. Which of the Nordic countries are you and since when have you been there?
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by Nobody: 4:30am On May 24, 2010
Am in Finland
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by deoyel25(m): 3:06pm On May 24, 2010
olas2u:

Am in Finland

How long have you been there? I learnt finland has also withdrawn the free tuition for non eu/eea students. How easy is finland visa?
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 24, 2010
Europe is getting tough, i am going to study in a masters programme in sweden soon, and theni am thinking australia.
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by deoyel25(m): 7:44pm On May 24, 2010
You said Europe is getting tough and you still wanna go to Sweden. So where is sweden? Are you presently studying in Finland or you are on a visit?
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 24, 2010
I just completed bach ,so next is masters and its in sweden, after one year aussie,you get it.
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by deoyel25(m): 12:18pm On May 26, 2010
Does anyone know weather the embassy is going to open on Monday, 31st June, 2010. Monday has been declared as a public holiday
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by bentleyboi: 4:12pm On May 30, 2010
I dont know if they will allow someone to use a statement of account of a sponsor or what do you think about it and what is the minimum balance that should be on an account?
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 30, 2010
That money as to be in your name,and it as to be for a period the program wil last.calculate,once you make a mistake forget it.
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by deoyel25(m): 5:56pm On May 30, 2010
@bentleyboi, you question has been answered times without number but I will still answer it. You cant use a sponsor's account. The money has to be transfered to your account. As per the minimum balance in your account, you need 750k for six months course. For a year course, you need times two of that. For 3 years course, you need times 6 of that. It all depends on the number of years your course is.
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by bentleyboi: 6:18pm On May 31, 2010
Do i need to include my tax clearance or i dont need it or i should get one from my sponsor?
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by lafredo(m): 8:27pm On May 31, 2010
helllo nairalander,am going for my interview next week but i dont no what document will i take along.i want those that have been to the interview before to help me with all the info i need.
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by gendebs(m): 3:47pm On Jun 03, 2010
Check www.swedenvisa.org for the required document as for tax clearance it not neccessary for and health insurance will be demanded for less than six month addmissiom i applied last year. feel free to ask any question
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by deoyel25(m): 12:55pm On Jun 06, 2010
@bentleyboi, if you check the link posted by gendebs, you will see that tax clearance is now archaic. Its no more needed.
@gendebs, how far with your application last year? Were you granted a permit?
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by deoyel25(m): 12:55pm On Jun 06, 2010
@bentleyboi, if you check the link posted by gendebs, you will see that tax clearance is now archaic. Its no more needed.
@gendebs, how far with your application last year? Were you granted a permit?
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by deoyel25(m): 1:05pm On Jun 26, 2010
@lykeD, I'm reviving this thread because of you. Please lets all keep in touch here.
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by IykeD(m): 2:12pm On Jun 26, 2010
Alright man, that's nice.
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by lad1000: 3:00pm On Jun 26, 2010
@IykeD, For how long do you keep the required money in your account after submitting your application.I'll like to hear from you soonest.Take care
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by deoyel25(m): 6:19pm On Jun 26, 2010
lad1000:

@IykeD, For how long do you keep the required money in your account after submitting your application.I'll like to hear from you soonest.Take care
Guy, its better you leave the money in your account until you are notified of your decision. What if the embassy rechecks your account before notifying you of the decision from swedish migration board? Leave the money in your account man.
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by deoyel25(m): 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2010
@lykeD, which university were you admitted to and how many credits? I'm only curious. wink wink
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by Nobody: 1:15am On Jul 19, 2010
Am calling Sweden embassy, Abuja tomoro to remind them my application has been decided and what is the status of the decision. If they grant me, am traveling to get my sticker this week, Gods willing. I will keep you all posted.
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by deoyel25(m): 1:45am On Jul 19, 2010
@Ashiri_IQ, I wonder how these people do their things. I applied 2 days before you did and my case has not been decided yet. The whole stuff is slower for we Nigerians. Many people from india and Pakistan got theirs within 2 to 4 weeks.

In your case, I'd advice you to chill till tuesday if you dont hear from them today.
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by Akon007: 10:29pm On Jul 20, 2010
Hello nairalands pls i need your help. My sister wants to apply to study in sweden this year. I myself have tried applying twice last year to several universities in sweden but i was not given admission. The process in acquiring admision seems kinda hard cos they dont give admission easily. I'm an undergratuate and my sister is also too. She wants to apply as an undergratuate. So is any hope as in any other session this year and what document did you submit that got u guys admission. Pls help me my bro nd sis on nairaland. Thanks hope to hear from you soon.
Re: Strictly For The People Admitted In Sweden For Autumn 2010 by Akon007: 10:34pm On Jul 20, 2010
Hello nairalands pls i need your help. My sister wants to apply to study in sweden this year. I myself have tried applying twice last year to several universities in sweden but i was not given admission. The process in acquiring admision seems kinda hard cos they dont give admission easily. I'm an undergratuate and my sister is also too. She wants to apply as an undergratuate. So is any hope as in any other session this year and what document did you submit that got u guys admission. Pls help me my bro nd sis on nairaland. Thanks hope to hear from you soon.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Am I Going To Go About My Austrian Invitation Letter: / Avoid These 20 English Words When In Other Countries / How Do I Get To Calabar From Kogi?! Best Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.