Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,042 members, 7,825,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

I Need Help From Bankers/brokers In The House Please. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / I Need Help From Bankers/brokers In The House Please. (780 Views)

10 Best Insurance Brokers In Nigeria (plus Their Contacts And Websites) / Top 5 Best Forex Brokers In Nigeria 2021 / I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help From Bankers/brokers In The House Please. by promqueen247(f): 4:45pm On May 13, 2018
Have been hearing about this Treasury Bills for a while now but haven't really given a thought about it but lately, have been thinking of an investment worthwhile and Treasury bills seems to come up in every investment thread here on nairaland, I'm pleading to any banker/financial worker here to please explain how it works to me as i can't wrap my head around it by myself. Thanks

Regards.

cc Lalasticalala, please help push this to the front page so ignorant people like myself could learn a thing or two.
cc Domique

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Help From Bankers/brokers In The House Please. by Autchhomme: 8:42pm On May 13, 2018
Treasury Bills (TBills) are government money instruments, meaning how the government can generate money from the citizens apart from taxation. This is simply a form of loan from the citizens to the government.
Any citizen (18+) can have TBills (ie lend to the government) and earn a published interest depending on the amount (the least is 100k) and period of investment (tenure). If one wants to purchase (invest) Tbills, you need to visit your bank where you will be notified of the available tenure and their corresponding rates. For example, you want to book 100k @ interest rate of 12% for 60days, then your bank will book (buy/fix)
it from your account (new or existing). For this the interest amount will be (18k or thereabout) using Simple Interest formula. This interest is paid upfront (ie once it is booked, before the tenure starts counting) into your account by deducting and fixing 82k from your account and leaving the balance of 18k, which you can withdraw and flex with grin. On maturity, the total of 100k is paid into your account after the 60days tenure expires.
For documentation purposes, you need your passport photo (add recent as usual wink) and id card, then your bank will give you Investment Advice (or Note/Certificate).
Its advantage over fixed deposit is that 1) your payment of interest is assured and upfront, 2) it does not disappear in case the bank folds, as it is a government obligation, 3) you can start with as low as 100k 4) the interest is usually higher than fixed deposit.
Any other thing, , well any commercial bank can handle it.

I hope I helped.

4 Likes

Re: I Need Help From Bankers/brokers In The House Please. by DEBJOCH1(m): 9:17pm On May 13, 2018
Autchhomme:
Treasury Bills (TBills) are government money instruments, meaning how the government can generate money from the citizens apart from taxation. This is simply a form of loan from the citizens to the government.
Any citizen (18+) can have TBills (ie lend to the government) and earn a published interest depending on the amount (the least is 100k) and period of investment (tenure). If one wants to purchase (invest) Tbills, you need to visit your bank where you will be notified of the available tenure and their corresponding rates. For example, you want to book 100k @ interest rate of 12% for 60days, then your bank will book (buy/fix)
it from your account (new or existing). For this the interest amount will be (18k or thereabout) using Simple Interest formula. This interest is paid upfront (ie once it is booked, before the tenure starts counting) into your account by deducting and fixing 82k from your account and leaving the balance of 18k, which you can withdraw and flex with grin. On maturity, the total of 100k is paid into your account after the 60days tenure expires.
For documentation purposes, you need your passport photo (add recent as usual wink) and id card, then your bank will give you Investment Advice (or Note/Certificate).
Its advantage over fixed deposit is that 1) your payment of interest is assured and upfront, 2) it does not disappear in case the bank folds, as it is a government obligation, 3) you can start with as low as 100k 4) the interest is usually higher than fixed deposit.

I hope I helped.
Thumb up there.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help From Bankers/brokers In The House Please. by promqueen247(f): 11:21pm On May 13, 2018
Autchhomme:

I hope I helped.
Thanks honey, You such a God sent. I can catch a glimpse of what this investment entails, But i have a question though. Can i invest with 2 or more different banks at a time?
Re: I Need Help From Bankers/brokers In The House Please. by Autchhomme: 7:46pm On May 14, 2018
promqueen247:
Thanks honey, You such a God sent. I can catch a glimpse of what this investment entails, But i have a question though. Can i invest with 2 or more different banks at a time?

Sure you can. You can have even 20 investments in one bank. They should thank but believe me they wont. If you reach there and it happens, ask them why and tell us. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Need Help From Bankers/brokers In The House Please. by promqueen247(f): 10:23am On May 15, 2018
Autchhomme:

Sure you can. You can have even 20 investments in one bank. They should thank but believe me they wont. If you reach there and it happens, ask them why and tell us. grin grin grin
Thanks I really do appreciate you.
Re: I Need Help From Bankers/brokers In The House Please. by AlphaCEO: 5:50pm On Aug 04, 2021
Autchhomme:

I hope I helped.
Re: I Need Help From Bankers/brokers In The House Please. by freeman67: 6:23pm On Aug 04, 2021

(1) (Reply)

2-9years Old Facebook Accounts For Sale. 2free Accounts To Test Us. / If You Have One Million, Come In Here / How To Make Money Online And Withdraw Your Money Anytime You Want

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.