Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) (31634 Views)

Little Ben Bruce Listens To Radio Commentary On Nigeria Civil War (Throwback) / Olusegun Obasanjo Wrapped Batik In Aba During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) / John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by Geesaintagape: 1:48pm On May 14, 2018
Nostrademos Ojukwu
Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by kjhova(m): 1:54pm On May 14, 2018
Remimadrid:

The same swag that got more than 3 million Igbo people killed, while the great one escape to ivory coast before the war ended.

Somehow this lie has come to stay in Nigeria on a permanent basis. 3 million Igbos did not die during the civil war, no, that was a figure from a last ditch propaganda drive through Claritas in 1969 in a failed attempt to swing the support of World Powers.

Only about 1 million Nigerians of various ethnicities died during the civil war although one must admit that most were Igbo. These is the figure most academic and historical sources admit to and not that exageration that is always pushed around on social media and rumour mills.
Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by ESDKING: 1:55pm On May 14, 2018
Nice TB.
Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by theDEVILisHERE: 1:58pm On May 14, 2018
Sirjamo:
After watching a video clip of the war, I feel sad when ever it's being discussed.
If I have my way, I'd love to cremate Ojukwu and hang Gowon, those two disgust me.

Irrational and illogical post

You're making no sense
Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by blackgold2018(m): 2:04pm On May 14, 2018
dafeyankee:
And he still cowardly ran away after posing like Agbani Darego on the chair.
Hatred mosttimes is just a confused admiration.
Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by Sirjamo: 2:06pm On May 14, 2018
theDEVILisHERE:

Irrational and illogical post
You're making no sense
Do I need to make sense to you?
Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by Barfibassey(m): 2:18pm On May 14, 2018
oluwaahmed:
Afonjas are just pained because they don't have a hero figure. Their two wannabe heroes (abiola & awolowo) both died of poison/rat poison - such a pathetic & wussy way to go.
am not a yoruba person, but one thing i know for sure is if ojukwu had someone like awolowo on is side,
Nigeria could the AG was tabled, documented and
recorded in numerous constitutional conferences,
including the constitutional conference held in
London in 1954 with the demand that a right of
secession be enshrined in the constitution of the
emerging Nigerian nation to allow any part of the
emergent nation to opt out of Nigeria, should the
need arise.
Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by hucienda: 2:46pm On May 14, 2018
ITbomb:

Have you ever thought, maybe that's why they mismanaged the situation which led to the war.
If more experienced and matured men were in power, maybe, there wouldn't have been any war in the first place

True though. You have a point. What's your opinion on today's youth compared to yesterday's youth?
Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by deomelo: 2:52pm On May 14, 2018
Front1line:

What truth is their to be told about a lunatic that wasted almost three million souls of his own kinsmen on foolishness n ego tripping.

A Cambridge graduate who could not outsmart a gworro chewing, kunu sipping aboki who attended only Koranic school.

Some of you Igbo need to have your brain examined with the kind of arguments you put up to defend your failures and unending foolishness.

See brutal take down and super TKO

grin grin grin
Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by giftedben: 2:55pm On May 14, 2018
kimjongJezebel:

Gen Oladipo Diya

General Who?
After his arrest, a military tribunal sitting in the Nigerian town of Jos sentenced six people including Lieutenant General Oladipo Diya to death by firing squad in April 1998.

In a dramatic statement at the outset of the trial, General Diya asserted that he had been entrapped by another officer close to General Abacha, Gen. Ishaya Bamayi , who approached him with the idea of mounting a coup.

The sentence was later commuted by the head of state, Abdusalami Abubakar , who succeeded General Abacha.

Following his release General Diya has refused to co-operate with any investigations by Nigeria's Truth and Reconciliation Tribunals into his activities while he was vice president. He has spent most of his time attempting to recover possession of various properties seized by the government on his arrest. He has made no attempt to explain how he purchased these lavish properties on the salary of a Lieutenant General.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by CDCEO001: 2:58pm On May 14, 2018
youngest85:

Lesson: what will be will surely be
If what will be will surely be, then you should sit at home, fold your arms and wait for what will be to surely be.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by Oritsewhandey(m): 2:58pm On May 14, 2018
Sirjamo:
After watching a video clip of the war, I feel sad when ever it's being discussed.
If I have my way, I'd love to cremate Ojukwu and hang Gowon, those two disgust me.

...'those two disgust(s) me'

Gown and who else I's the second person?

Mr. Confusionist.
Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by Oritsewhandey(m): 2:58pm On May 14, 2018
Sirjamo:

...'those two disgust(s) me'

Gown and who else is the second person?

Mr. Confusionist.
Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by makazona(m): 3:14pm On May 14, 2018
The Biafran should be included in our curricula.
It should be studied and lessons learnt not all these hearsays and insinuations
Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:41pm On May 14, 2018
hucienda:
wow. see boss pose.

To think Generals Ojukwu and Gowon were just around 33 at the time, as well as most of the other actors in their late 20s and early 30s makes one wonder what ever happened to today's youth.
they had opportunities....which today youth don't have...wen pple skool in dilapidated institution with strikes all over... With d commonwealth been stolen....

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by Diesel1(m): 4:17pm On May 14, 2018
Remimadrid:

The same swag that got more than 3 million Igbo people killed, while the great one escape to ivory coast before the war ended.
foh! he who fights and run away lives to fight another day
Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by engrchykae(m): 4:18pm On May 14, 2018
slimfit1:
While his people were all dying he is still trying to look posh.
please who is the person killing ojukwu's people?
Is the killers from Libya?
Irresponsible zoo people
Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by engrchykae(m): 4:20pm On May 14, 2018
kimjongJezebel:

Gen Oladipo Diya
plus brigadier Bamidele Ogundipe and Adisa
Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by Organs(m): 4:36pm On May 14, 2018
PDJT:

Put the blame on the door steps of that coward dictator Gowon. And there would be parties across Biafraland and foreign countries where Biafrans live, when he finally exit this world.
How many people across “one Nigeria” has died since Ojukwu’s warnings about Hausa-Fulani oligarchy devilish Philosophy?

Hate Gowon all you want, he is a Nigerian President and war hero. He forgave Biafran and welcomed them back into Nigeria. You talking will die one day as well but what is your legacy?, his Legacy is he made sure you are still a Nigerian and he is a leader of repute.
Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by thedio(m): 4:39pm On May 14, 2018
kettykings:

please do you know any Nigerian General Dead or Alive that is bolder and more audacious than Ojukwu

No,no one, except ojukwu that ran to ivory coast
Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by thedio(m): 5:06pm On May 14, 2018
oluwaahmed:
Afonjas are just pained because they don't have a hero figure. Their two wannabe heroes (abiola & awolowo) both died of poison/rat poison - such a pathetic & wussy way to go.

So what do u call general olusegun aremu obasanjo,the man that conquered Biafra,Nigeria one time head of state and eight years presido
Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 14, 2018
Diesel1:
foh! he who fights and run away lives to fight another day
That he is a coward, nothing more.
Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by theDEVILisHERE: 6:56pm On May 14, 2018
Sirjamo:
Do I need to make sense to you?

No
You need to make sense to yourself by either stop being ignorant (knowing the facts) or stop being mischievous (knowing the facts but lying to urself)

Everyone with common sense knows the people who are to blame for that war
Facts are there for all to see
No need playing to the gallary

Weither anyone agrees with the truth or not it doesn't count anyway cause the dead entity called Nigeria is just awaiting burial to close it's horrible chapter in history
Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by MrBONE2(m): 6:58pm On May 14, 2018
dafeyankee:
grin

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by Chemcrown: 10:43pm On May 14, 2018
proudkafir:
Nigerian youths and stupidity. The British people will be laughing at the stupidity of current generation of Nigerian youth for not being smart and forever foolish.

The Biafran war was Biafra-British war for the control of the large deposit of oil and gas in the present-day Niger Delta region of Nigeria. The British people want free and easy access to these resources while the biafrans will be an obstacle to this unrestricted access. So the British, using fellow black men as footsoldiers, had to punish the biafrans for their 'selfishness' and zeal to control and manage their resources.

Without oil and gas in Nigeria, there will be no Biafran war. Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas, etc, should stop fighting themselves while the real enemies are laughing at them.

historian, which one are we to believe now, biafra war started because igbos are been killed in the north or British doesn't want the igbos to control the oil.
Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by Banmeallday: 10:48pm On May 14, 2018
dafeyankee:

Yet your govenment spent billions to give him their greatest state burial in history, including eulogies from everyone...

WHy?

Because they were stlll desperate to claim him as a “Nigerian” while you are there looking at Ife’s nyash hoping to buy suya for her...
Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by laudate: 11:38pm On May 14, 2018
KidsNEXTdoor:
Tell your buhari to stop killing innocent Christians in the middle belt..... We know his teeming zombies need blood to function...

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by PDJT: 11:53am On May 15, 2018
[s]
Organs:

Hate Gowon all you want, he is a Nigerian President and war hero. He forgave Biafran and welcomed them back into Nigeria. You talking will die one day as well but what is your legacy?, his Legacy is he made sure you are still a Nigerian and he is a leader of repute.
[/s]
Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by Hexdavewalkersl: 11:35am On Nov 08, 2019
dafeyankee:

Say whatever you want he who runs lives to fight another day,mind you Gowon was after his head and Ivory Coast granted him asylum do he went
Re: Ojukwu Addressing A Press Conference During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) by Hexdavewalkersl: 11:37am On Nov 08, 2019

Why are you living to yourself it was Gowon and hid northern cohorts that got those three million people killed through starvation and deliberate massacre

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria: Security Forces Kill Oil Militants, Separatists-New York Times / Throwback Video: Even Buhari Does Not Know The Meaning Of APC - Akpabio / Maiduguri Explosion: How Rockets Crushed 9 Boys On Football Field

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.