Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Africans Are Not Serving God, But themselves- Aroms Aigbehi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Africans Are Not Serving God, But themselves- Aroms Aigbehi (395 Views)

Shocking! If That Man Is Buhari, I Will Stop Serving God / Farooq Kperogi: Nigerians Fight For God But Can’t Fight For Themselves / South Africans Are Killing Nigerians - Nigerian Woman Laments To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africans Are Not Serving God, But themselves- Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 8:22pm On May 13, 2018
Who Is The heathen Here?

Lots of Africans say to me they are serving God and I am a heathen. The reality is I have only met few Africans in my life serving God. Most people are serving themselves not God.

So what is service?

If you wake up in the morning and go to work, or go about your business to make money. Busy with your family and working to survive, then you come back home, eat and watch some TV. Then the next day wake up and go to do the same again. Then know you are NOT serving God but yourself.

There is nothing wrong with that. but don't say you are serving God. That is not the way to serve God. You are just doing lots of work for yourself. Which part of the above daily routine was servicing God?

What Africans do in church on sunday is not service but Entertainment. It is for stress relieve. That is not for God, but again for themselves.

Service is the action of helping or doing work for someone? Jesus said, take care of the fatherless. Take care of the widows, Take care of the orphans. Take care of the hungry, clothe the poor and provide shelter to the homeless. Majority of African Christians don't do this and yet they say they are serving God.

If Africans were serving God there wouldn't be this much poverty in Africa. The poverty of Africans is actually an embarrassment and insult to God. If Africans cannot get themselves out of poverty and they say they are serving God, What does that say about their God?

I was surprised when I first left Nigeria to see how many Europeans and Americans took care of strangers they didn't know. I have records of people that played very great roles in my life. Without them my life should have taken a different turn. In Nigeria we cannot even trust families with anything anymore. If you don't believe me then send few thousand dollars to your Christian family members to do some work for you.

I left Nigeria very young and I was quickly overwhelmed. A family once took me in for months when I was completely broke and no money. Few good people believed in me that they were ready to do what it took to help me. These people didn't even say they were doing God's work. They were just good people. But many Africans would call them heathens. Actually, they were the ones doing God's work.

God's work requires doing things for others and not for yourself. Jesus said and I paraphrase. As long as you do this things to the little ones you have done them for me.

The day Africans will really start serving God then their situation will start to change. For now, what is going on is worse than being a heathen.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=373422693163845&id=158338594672257

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africans Are Not Serving God, But themselves- Aroms Aigbehi by Redoil: 8:28pm On May 13, 2018
And ur point is
Re: Africans Are Not Serving God, But themselves- Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 8:29pm On May 13, 2018
Redoil:
And ur point is
Start from the beginning again sir. you should get the message
Re: Africans Are Not Serving God, But themselves- Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 13, 2018
I agree with him. so on point.
Re: Africans Are Not Serving God, But themselves- Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 9:09pm On May 13, 2018
life2017:
I agree with him. so on point.
That's it.
Re: Africans Are Not Serving God, But themselves- Aroms Aigbehi by SalamRushdie: 9:16pm On May 13, 2018
Very smart man
Re: Africans Are Not Serving God, But themselves- Aroms Aigbehi by abimbolayekeen: 9:32pm On May 13, 2018
I reasoned with your points .
Re: Africans Are Not Serving God, But themselves- Aroms Aigbehi by GreatCracker(m): 9:39pm On May 13, 2018
he's right though, Africans most especially Nigerians are the typical example of the word "Hypocrites "

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Chief Kemi Nelson : A Testimony Of Women Achievers In Nigeria / Buhari Praises Abacha Over Building Infastructure In His Regime / Doubra Sien Advises Barr.Smooth To Retrieve "Tears Of Amassoma" To Avoid Discord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.