Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Why Nigeria Is Stuck And How We Will Fix It - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Is Stuck And How We Will Fix It (309 Views)

Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos / Peter Obi: I Will Fix Nigeria In Less Than Four Years / Nigeria Is Stuck In A Rut, Yet Its Citizens Rule The World. Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigeria Is Stuck And How We Will Fix It by ConsensusGroup: 10:06pm On May 13, 2018
Nigeria's is one of want in unity and shortage in communal spirit.

Together we stand, divided we fall — and we are falling.

From a more practical point of view, there is also the problem of a lack in political options.

There are about sixty political parties in Nigeria, of which a few will field and win major elections.

We ought to have hundreds if not thousands of political parties to choose from. This is one easily identifiable problem.

I would urge readers to look into these things for themselves and not necessarily take my word for it.

The way to change this is to reform and modernize.

I know we are still hurting from colonialism and slavery, but until we overcome our fears and trepidation, we will remain stuck.

By this I mean that from History and personal experience, there is only one road to a peaceful, just and prosperous society and this has already been passed by developed prosperous countries of today.

However, there is a reluctance to pass this same road for the betterment of our people because it was previously passed by our slavers and colonizers — but we don't have a choice.

Even Obama, in his book, says don't resist, because it is a fight you cannot win.

You either adapt or die — and we are dying.

On a more positive note, however, enjoy the lawlessness while it lasts, because rule of law is coming to Nigeria whether we like it or not.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Stuck And How We Will Fix It by theenchanter: 10:36pm On May 13, 2018
It's foundation needs to be restructured before it can change, the foundation is rickety n needs overhaul.

Even if u bring Obama, Mandela and Co to rule this country with this system, I doubt the possibility of their performance. But once the structure is good, it'll be easier to build on it.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Stuck And How We Will Fix It by gidgiddy: 11:25pm On May 13, 2018
Nigeria is the colonial mistake of 1914, it is time for us to admit this British invented union and go our different ways

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Benue, Ortom And Governance Failure - By Ali Agada / Isjdj / What Saraki Said On Senate’s Passage Of 2018 Budget (olukiesyblog)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.