Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,413 members, 7,819,479 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Mr Waka Waka- Nigeria’s Minister For Tourism; And His Many Gaffes. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mr Waka Waka- Nigeria’s Minister For Tourism; And His Many Gaffes. (633 Views)

The Many Gaffes Of Datti Ahmed The Msc Running Mate To Peter Obi(video) / Meet Sunday Dare, Buhari’s 53-Year-Old Minister For Youth & Sports (Photos) / The Many Gaffes Of President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mr Waka Waka- Nigeria’s Minister For Tourism; And His Many Gaffes. by Dtman: 7:35pm On May 14, 2018
MR WAKA WAKA- NIGERIA’S MINISTER FOR TOURISM; AND HIS MANY GAFFES.
https://olaniranoladotunblog./2018/05/14/mr-waka-waka-nigerias-minister-for-tourism-and-his-many-gaffes/
You rmight wonder why the writer of this article is so misinformed, Nigeria under Buhari’s administration has no minister for tourism. Yes we have tourism minister, many have ignored the obvious that Buhari doubles as both minister for petroleum and tourism. On the 8th of May, 2018 Nigerian president went on another medical trip, while all the hospitals across the nation were all closed. This shows how insensitive the president is to the needs of the nation. How dare the president treat himself abroad while many patients are dying as a result of health workers strike! Has he forgot his campaign promise? “To stop all travel abroad at government expense for the purpose of medical tourism”. The hypocrisy on full display reminds me of Fela Kuti “Waka waka” where he exposed the hypocrisy of both Christians and Muslims in government. The joke is now on the president and his aides who were the critics of the past governments foreign travels. What do we call a nation whose chief housekeeper spends more time flying than the fowls of the air, who is the Guinness book of record older for the most travelled octogenarian head of state in the world. What song would Fela have sang for the president Buhari, if he were alive today. Indeed Buhari most immediate act as president was to travel to Niger on 3rd of June 2015, while this raised less highbrows back then; tongues were wagging by the end of 2015.Buhari had travelled for 42days in his first 200days.This was when many eyes started rolling in the sockets because there were no cabinet ministers in the same period but his lovers came to his aid. One would think that the “new sheriff in town” has he was fondly called back then; would be studying handover notes, receiving briefings from different heads of the MDA’s and strategizing on ways to govern. He was still enjoying his honeymoon said the “lion of bourdillon”. Even Obasanjo a ‘’hailing-hailer’’ now turned ‘’wailing-wailer’’ came to the rescue saying “He needs to be known and to know people, how do you make friends and influence people except you know them and this cannot happen if he sits in Aso Villa, especially in a situation that we found ourselves, a situation where we have bad image in the world, a situation where we need to play leadership role, especially in Africa, because during Jonathan’s administration, Nigeria was not on the table.” His linguistic-gymnast were not far behind has Senior Special Assistant to the President on media and publicity Garba Shehu, one of the best in the propagandist talents assembled by the president said “In public diplomacy, experts say that it is better conducted through face-to-face interaction than through third parties. This is even more so at the level of heads of state. To do it by proxy is to miss the effect of fostering strong interpersonal relations between leaders, by which nations benefit,” “They were mostly undertaken to attend specific meetings, not State Visits. Looking at these assignments, the trips are inescapable for the President. He went further to say that the president entourage were smaller compared to previous governments who took all their family members and pet on foreign trips. Yes the entourage were smaller but he compensated for this with more globetrotting. After two years he had spent 4months out of 24months travelling.
Then came the jaw dropping and gnashing of long absence of 2017, the president spent 157days of the 365days in a year travelling, no oh! Absent or should we call it kidnapped by “Abuja swamp”. The longest foreign voyage by any sitting head of state of our time; even the president ardent supporters and spin doctors retreated to their living rooms to discuss quintessential quagmire of the Presidents absence. In this instance, the president became a private citizen whose medical records were only for his eyes while taxpayer’s foot the bill for the medical vacation. Minister for information scrambled to UK to get some photos to prove the president was as fit as a fiddle, even a 70year old man with exemplary medical record could not be issued a medical report with such characterization. His effort became futile and an important instrument in the hands of the president’s nemesis like Fayose and Fani kayode, who took the president image makers to task by in faring and analyzing the minute details provided by the pictures in bad faith. The ink could barely dry on the president absence with rumor mongers and opinion shapers writing in the papers and making TV appearances. While the president prides himself as a man with the highest moral rectitude and as an anti-corruption crusader; the amounts he has spent, which government agency is paying for the bills and who approved the expenses are mind-boggling questions whose answers remain a classified document locked under the president mattress in Aso rock villa. In 2016 a total of N1.5billion was budgeted for the president and his vice presidents for foreign trips; while in 2017 N1.28billion was budgeted and in 2018 appropriation N1.3billion was budgeted. This does not cover medical bills. I believe this money could be better spent on somewhere else, lets even put money aside let concentrate on substance. The president preference for foreign trip even became more ridiculous has he failed to visit state affected by insecurity. If the president could visits more than 31countries in 3years, why is he struggling with visiting just 10 states out of 36 during the same period?
In most of Buhari’s foreign trips you will see the lackluster attitude of his entourage on full display, they are always on vacation mode eating snacks at bilateral meetings tables while their serious opposite counterparts are busy take notes of proceedings; and are well prepared. His handlers basking in the foreign trips euphoria always fail to prepare him while they are busy packing their suitcases and shopping. That is why the most painful part of the president’s foreign trips are the international embarrassment, de-marketing of its citizens and his demoralizing gaffes. At an event to mark the queen of England 90th birthday, the then UK Prime Minister David Cameron was caught on camera saying “We’ve got some leaders of some fantastically corrupt countries coming to Britain… Nigeria and Afghanistan, possibly the two most corrupt countries in the world”. At the global anti-corruption summit hosted by Cameron in London, Nigerian president was put on the spotlight; when sky news diplomatic editor, Dominic Waghorn asked Buhari whether Nigerians were fantastically corrupt, he said yes. When pressed further whether he wants an apology from Cameron he said no. To me Buhari was implying “my bank is the safest in the world that’s why all the cashiers are thieves come and keep your life savings in my bank. Tell me which foreign investor will invest in an economy where it citizens are “fantastically corrupt” .During a joint press conference with Angela Merkel the German chancellor in October 2016, Buhari responded to the interview given by his wife to BBC Hausa by saying “I don’t know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room.” The German chancellor was left stultified and horrified by Buhari’s mansplaining, in the era of gender equality and sensitivity. The gaffe was an insult to the German people who have elected a woman has their head of state, many German’s I presume took it as a dig on their intelligence to appoint a woman as head of state. As if that was not enough Buhari at the commonwealth heads of government summit in London last month created another episode when he declared that Nigerian youths are lazy, the greatest insults to Nigerian youths till today. The statement was an irony because the presidents is the laziest head of state in the world who has spent 6month in 3years jet-setting instead of working. If Nigerian youths who represent more than 60% could vote for a 75years old octogenarian, who cannot produce his WAEC certificate and has not been successful in anything in the last 33years. Then they deserve the insults. You can see that what you chose is what you get, I hereby declare that Nigerian youths are intellectually lazy for voting Buhari into office and I hope they do a better job voting out Buhari in 2019. The president is our number one marketing officer, if the only thing he spews out is hooey whenever he travels out of the country. Then he should belong to the other room, charity they say begins at home; if our presidents see nothing good about us, then who else will see it. The president of a country should blow its trumpet and not scorn it citizens. If we don’t expect any better from our leaders we won’t get any better at as a nation.
Re: Mr Waka Waka- Nigeria’s Minister For Tourism; And His Many Gaffes. by Viralkid: 7:47pm On May 14, 2018
those who gave a phuck went there

Re: Mr Waka Waka- Nigeria’s Minister For Tourism; And His Many Gaffes. by ifeegee(f): 7:54pm On May 14, 2018
This your post dey pain for eye.

Please paragraph to make for an easy read.

Thank you.
Re: Mr Waka Waka- Nigeria’s Minister For Tourism; And His Many Gaffes. by Dtman: 2:24am On May 15, 2018
You rmight wonder why the writer of this article is so misinformed, Nigeria under Buhari’s administration has no minister for tourism. Yes we have tourism minister, many have ignored the obvious that Buhari doubles as both minister for petroleum and tourism. On the 8th of May, 2018 Nigerian president went on another medical trip, while all the hospitals across the nation were all closed. This shows how insensitive the president is to the needs of the nation. How dare the president treat himself abroad while many patients are dying as a result of health workers strike! Has he forgot his campaign promise? “To stop all travel abroad at government expense for the purpose of medical tourism”. The hypocrisy on full display reminds me of Fela Kuti “Waka waka” where he exposed the hypocrisy of both Christians and Muslims in government. The joke is now on the president and his aides who were the critics of the past governments foreign travels. What do we call a nation whose chief housekeeper spends more time flying than the fowls of the air, who is the Guinness book of record older for the most travelled octogenarian head of state in the world. What song would Fela have sang for the president Buhari, if he were alive today. Indeed Buhari most immediate act as president was to travel to Niger on 3rd of June 2015, while this raised less highbrows back then; tongues were wagging by the end of 2015.Buhari had travelled for 42days in his first 200days.This was when many eyes started rolling in the sockets because there were no cabinet ministers in the same period but his lovers came to his aid. One would think that the “new sheriff in town” has he was fondly called back then; would be studying handover notes, receiving briefings from different heads of the MDA’s and strategizing on ways to govern. He was still enjoying his honeymoon said the “lion of bourdillon”. Even Obasanjo a ‘’hailing-hailer’’ now turned ‘’wailing-wailer’’ came to the rescue saying “He needs to be known and to know people, how do you make friends and influence people except you know them and this cannot happen if he sits in Aso Villa, especially in a situation that we found ourselves, a situation where we have bad image in the world, a situation where we need to play leadership role, especially in Africa, because during Jonathan’s administration, Nigeria was not on the table.” His linguistic-gymnast were not far behind has Senior Special Assistant to the President on media and publicity Garba Shehu, one of the best in the propagandist talents assembled by the president said “In public diplomacy, experts say that it is better conducted through face-to-face interaction than through third parties. This is even more so at the level of heads of state. To do it by proxy is to miss the effect of fostering strong interpersonal relations between leaders, by which nations benefit,” “They were mostly undertaken to attend specific meetings, not State Visits. Looking at these assignments, the trips are inescapable for the President. He went further to say that the president entourage were smaller compared to previous governments who took all their family members and pet on foreign trips. Yes the entourage were smaller but he compensated for this with more globetrotting. After two years he had spent 4months out of 24months travelling.
Then came the jaw dropping and gnashing of long absence of 2017, the president spent 157days of the 365days in a year travelling, no oh! Absent or should we call it kidnapped by “Abuja swamp”. The longest foreign voyage by any sitting head of state of our time; even the president ardent supporters and spin doctors retreated to their living rooms to discuss quintessential quagmire of the Presidents absence. In this instance, the president became a private citizen whose medical records were only for his eyes while taxpayer’s foot the bill for the medical vacation. Minister for information scrambled to UK to get some photos to prove the president was as fit as a fiddle, even a 70year old man with exemplary medical record could not be issued a medical report with such characterization. His effort became futile and an important instrument in the hands of the president’s nemesis like Fayose and Fani kayode, who took the president image makers to task by in faring and analyzing the minute details provided by the pictures in bad faith. The ink could barely dry on the president absence with rumor mongers and opinion shapers writing in the papers and making TV appearances. While the president prides himself as a man with the highest moral rectitude and as an anti-corruption crusader; the amounts he has spent, which government agency is paying for the bills and who approved the expenses are mind-boggling questions whose answers remain a classified document locked under the president mattress in Aso rock villa. In 2016 a total of N1.5billion was budgeted for the president and his vice presidents for foreign trips; while in 2017 N1.28billion was budgeted and in 2018 appropriation N1.3billion was budgeted. This does not cover medical bills. I believe this money could be better spent on somewhere else, lets even put money aside let concentrate on substance. The president preference for foreign trip even became more ridiculous has he failed to visit state affected by insecurity. If the president could visits more than 31countries in 3years, why is he struggling with visiting just 10 states out of 36 during the same period?
In most of Buhari’s foreign trips you will see the lackluster attitude of his entourage on full display, they are always on vacation mode eating snacks at bilateral meetings tables while their serious opposite counterparts are busy take notes of proceedings; and are well prepared. His handlers basking in the foreign trips euphoria always fail to prepare him while they are busy packing their suitcases and shopping. That is why the most painful part of the president’s foreign trips are the international embarrassment, de-marketing of its citizens and his demoralizing gaffes. At an event to mark the queen of England 90th birthday, the then UK Prime Minister David Cameron was caught on camera saying “We’ve got some leaders of some fantastically corrupt countries coming to Britain… Nigeria and Afghanistan, possibly the two most corrupt countries in the world”. At the global anti-corruption summit hosted by Cameron in London, Nigerian president was put on the spotlight; when sky news diplomatic editor, Dominic Waghorn asked Buhari whether Nigerians were fantastically corrupt, he said yes. When pressed further whether he wants an apology from Cameron he said no. To me Buhari was implying “my bank is the safest in the world that’s why all the cashiers are thieves come and keep your life savings in my bank. Tell me which foreign investor will invest in an economy where it citizens are “fantastically corrupt” .During a joint press conference with Angela Merkel the German chancellor in October 2016, Buhari responded to the interview given by his wife to BBC Hausa by saying “I don’t know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room.” The German chancellor was left stultified and horrified by Buhari’s mansplaining, in the era of gender equality and sensitivity. The gaffe was an insult to the German people who have elected a woman has their head of state, many German’s I presume took it as a dig on their intelligence to appoint a woman as head of state. As if that was not enough Buhari at the commonwealth heads of government summit in London last month created another episode when he declared that Nigerian youths are lazy, the greatest insults to Nigerian youths till today. The statement was an irony because the presidents is the laziest head of state in the world who has spent 6month in 3years jet-setting instead of working. If Nigerian youths who represent more than 60% could vote for a 75years old octogenarian, who cannot produce his WAEC certificate and has not been successful in anything in the last 33years. Then they deserve the insults. You can see that what you chose is what you get, I hereby declare that Nigerian youths are intellectually lazy for voting Buhari into office and I hope they do a better job voting out Buhari in 2019. The president is our number one marketing officer, if the only thing he spews out is hooey whenever he travels out of the country. Then he should belong to the other room, charity they say begins at home; if our presidents see nothing good about us, then who else will see it. The president of a country should blow its trumpet and not scorn it citizens. If we don’t expect any better from our leaders we won’t get any better at as a nation.
Re: Mr Waka Waka- Nigeria’s Minister For Tourism; And His Many Gaffes. by Dtman: 2:28am On May 15, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Olisa Metuh Cries In Court As Doctor Explains His Health Condition / How Did He Civil War Affect Your Community. / Health Workers Call Off Six-week Strike, Praises Saraki’s Intervention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.