Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents (35138 Views)

Akwa Ibom Man Shoots Dead His Only Son During Argument (Photo) / English Woman Nearly Bites Off Man's Joystick As He Tried To Rape Her / Spain: Woman Sliced Off Her Boss' Penis With A Knife After He Tried To Rape Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by RaptorX: 11:28am On May 15, 2018
People comparing this situation with Nigerian police should realise you can never draw this fast with the bulky AK47 that Nigerian police carry and it's harder to conceal. That is why I don't understand why our cops are not equipped with handguns like all modern police department the world over, rifles should be for back up SWAT teams not the everyday patrol cop.
Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Nobody: 11:35am On May 15, 2018
Wetin me know be say
Life too fragile
Once second you fit RIP
E go even shock who dey die
Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Psoul(m): 12:05pm On May 15, 2018
This will go a long way reducing and calming these robbers down.

1 Like

Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 15, 2018
See as the idiot raised leg like imbec!le.

So gun shot dey pain eh and yet he wanted to inflict same on the woman and their children?

This one got served very chilled karma.
Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Classictee89(m): 12:50pm On May 15, 2018
naijapips04:

I know.

To those saying this is nt America. . . Try and google countries unda South America
Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by isalegan2: 2:08pm On May 15, 2018
akeentech:
We should be allowed to use gun freely in Nigeria. I would have killed so many

shocked That's why you can't have a gun!

Johnbosco77:
three shots to the stomach?
that's murder.....

Actually it should have been three shots to the head! But the woman shooter didn't want to traumatise the moms and kids seeing a head blown to bits and brain matter gushing out.
Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 15, 2018
Ishilove:

So I should guess the kids gunned in their classrooms and school halls were not in their best behaviour??

I’m only responsible for what I type, not what you understand.

1 Like

Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 15, 2018
Classictee89:

To those saying this is nt America. . . Try and google countries unda South America

Don’t mind them.

Let armed robbers continue to off them like fowls.

No intestinal fortitude.
Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 15, 2018
fr3do:

During the transatlantic trade before colonization, village men had guns for self defense, war and hunting.
They didn't massacre one another.

Imagine if benue people have guns for their defense, do you think herdsmen can overrun them like that?

With great power comes great responsibility.

Also, guns and ammos are not cheap. Dunces think they’ll just slide into Chukwuemekas shop and buy Gloks.
Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 15, 2018
SniperSmurf:

If the Armed robber had his finger on trigger and squeezed as he was falling (reflex) a stray bullet could easily hit an innocent.

If the ladies bullet had gone through him it could have hit an innocent.

If the robber had returned fire while he was on the ground and she was attempting to take cover behind the car, an innocent could have got hit.

She shouldn't have done that. The street was too crowded. The risk was not minimal enough.

She’s a trained police officer, I’ll take her judgement call over internet quarterbacking.
Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 15, 2018
fr3do:

The scum deserved what he got, he pulled his gun on parents and children.
The woman should have shot him on the head or chest, to prevent the possibility of him firing on all those people.

They are not trained to give headshots.

She executed perfectly, triple tap to the chest cavities where all the important bits are stored.
Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by isalegan2: 2:38pm On May 15, 2018
EMMAUGOH:
The boy only came to theif handbags but met his waterloo

The point when he showed the gun he signed his death warrant.

When you try to rob a person by just grabbing their bag, it's robbery. You might even be considered a pickpocket by some. But when any weapon is used during the commission of said attempted robbery, it becomes armed robbery. Armed robbery used to be a capital offense. Meaning death penalty applies!

It still is a death penalty felony in many countries. By the way, rape used to be a death penalty offense.

There is no relenting on vicious criminals. But I don't support jungle justice like parading people and beating them and trying to set them on fire. That's torture. People that administer torture cannot he trusted, are usually psychopaths that shouldn't be around other human beings and are often criminals themselves.

You can stop a dangerous criminal who threatens your life and the life of others. That attempt to disarm a dangerous criminal can sometimes require lethal means such as shooting them dead. He could have shot someone with his gun. There was no way to know if it was loaded. The military police woman knew she couldn't take the risk.

Bottom line: You can use deadly force to immobilise someone who poses an immediate threat to your life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Ishilove: 2:43pm On May 15, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I’m only responsible for what I type, not what you understand.
Of course, you are, you gun loving, gun toting being. Violence begat violence. You are a product of your society.

1 Like

Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 15, 2018
Ishilove:

Of course, you are, you gun loving, gun toting being. Violence begat violence. You are a product of your society.

Thank you, it’s a heady acknowledgment and compliment.

All I need now is prudent gun law so I can transfer my sizable armaments to Nigeria.

Attitudes must be adjusted.

We will make no difference between perpetrators and those who support them.

It’s good to have a backbone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 15, 2018
isalegan2:

The point when he showed the gun he signed his death warrant.

When you try to rob a person by just grabbing their bag, it's robbery. You might even be considered a pickpocket by some. But when any weapon is used during the commission of said attempted robbery, it becomes armed robbery. Armed robbery used to be a capital offense. Meaning death penalty applies!

It still is a death penalty felony in many countries. By the way, rape used to be a death penalty offense.

There is no relenting on vicious criminals. But I don't support jungle justice like parading people and beating them and setting them in fire. That's torture. People that administer torture cannot he trusted, are usually psychopaths that shouldn't be around other human beings and are often criminals themselves.

You can stop a dangerous criminal who threatens your life and the life of others. That attempt to disarm a dangerous criminal can sometimes require lethal means such as shooting them dead. He could have shot someone with his gun. There was no way to know if it was loaded. The military police woman knew she couldn't take the risk.

Bottom line: You can use deadly force to immobilise someone who poses an immediate threat to your life.

I wish Nigeria would adopt Texas Castle Doctrine.

grin
Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by isalegan2: 3:00pm On May 15, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I wish Nigeria would adopt Texas Castle Doctrine.

grin

What is that? shocked

Ishilove:

I mentioned the other day to Sir EgunMogaji that legalizing (wide-ranging) gun ownership is not the right thing for Nigeria. Just as it is not compatible with the culture of most European countries. United States is a different animal.

But that man is committed and armed for a lengthy verbal struggle. I no get the agbara again o. smiley
Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 15, 2018
isalegan2:

What is that? shocked

I mentioned the other day to Sir EgunMogaji that legalizing gun ownership is not the right thing for Nigeria. Just as it is not compatible with the culture of most European countries. United States is a different animal.

But that man is committed and armed for a lengthy verbal struggle. I no get the agbara again o. smiley

You have a better chance of convincing me that I don’t need oxygen grin
Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 15, 2018
isalegan2:

Like Gazzuz, i have issued same warnings cheesy cheesy cheesy

egunmogaji is a unique animal - a true to life liberal gun nut and the guy can last longer than the energizer bunny in arguments.
Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Ishilove: 3:34pm On May 15, 2018
EgunMogaji:

All I need now is prudent gun law so I can transfer my sizable armaments to Nigeria.

You have been watching too many Rambo movies.

Your statement is alarming. They strike me as coming from a very disturbed place.
Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Ishilove: 3:37pm On May 15, 2018
oyb:

egunmogaji is a unique animal - a true to life liberal gun nut and the guy can last longer than the energizer bunny in arguments.
What's this?
Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 15, 2018
Ishilove:

What's this?

Continue arguing with him and you will find out. "200 posts and still posting. He's going and going and going."
Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Jakumo(m): 4:18pm On May 15, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Egun Agba it might be far less hassle buying the guns you need to protect your Nigerian fortress, in Nigeria, as opposed to importing the ones you own in the USA. My understanding of Nigerian gun law is that ONLY authorized gun dealers are permitted to import guns legally, and I certainly would not want to test that theory again in current times.

As you will be aware, you can declare your guns at any airport of departure from the USA, BUT, in response to that declaration, your luggage will be tagged with a HUGE label bearing a picture of a gun that will ensure customs inspectors give that suitcase special attention at the point of arrival outside the USA, which of course is a predicament man pikin would not want to face, generally speaking.

I know this fact because many moons ago I conveyed my personal protection hardware from LAX to Lagos, inside my checked luggage, and I know how difficult it proved, for me to invoke the spirits of my ancestors that helped me remove those offending suitcase labels BEFORE arrival in Lagos, where I then sailed through with no questions asked, to my profound relief.

I would NEVER try a stunt like that again for as long as I live, and I strongly advise that you don't attempt a similar venture in these paranoid times. All the hardware you might ever need, to acquit yourself admirably in any old-fashioned Mexican standoff, can be purchased via helpful police officers in Nigeria, with the notable exception of ALL handguns, which remain verbotten for all civilians resident in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Ishilove: 4:24pm On May 15, 2018
oyb:

Continue arguing with him and you will find out. "200 posts and still posting. He's going and going and going."
Hokay. I gif up. Sometimes wisdom lies in the voice of multitudes.
Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 15, 2018
Jakumo:

Egun Agba it might be far less hassle buying the guns you need to protect your Nigerian fortress, in Nigeria, as opposed to importing the ones you own in the USA. My understanding of Nigerian gun law is that ONLY authorized gun dealers are permitted to import guns legally, and I certainly would not want to test that theory again in current times.

As you will be aware, you can declare your guns at any airport of departure from the USA, BUT, in response to that declaration, your luggage will be tagged with a HUGE label bearing a picture of a gun that will ensure customs inspectors give that suitcase special attention at the point of arrival outside the USA, which of course is a predicament man pikin would not want to face, generally speaking.

I know this fact because many moons ago I conveyed my personal protection hardware from LAX to Lagos, inside my checked luggage, and I know how difficult it proved, for me to invoke the spirits of my ancestors that helped me remove those offending suitcase labels BEFORE arrival in Lagos, where I then sailed though with no questions asked, to my profound relief.

I would NEVER try a stunt like that again for as long as I live, and I strongly advise that you don't attempt a similar venture in these paranoid times. All the hardware you might ever need, to acquit yourself admirably in any old-fashioned Mexican standoff, can be purchased via helpful police officers in Nigeria, with the notable exception of ALL handguns, which remain verbotten for all civilians resident in Nigeria.

I hear you and would never bring my stash over until they change this draconian law.

It’s just a shame to see citizens not able to mount a defense and forced to cower like yellow belly cowards.

But then some are just naturally spineless like that wink
Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Ishilove: 4:29pm On May 15, 2018
Jakumo:

I know this fact because many moons ago I conveyed my personal protection hardware from LAX to Lagos, inside my checked luggage, and I know how difficult it proved, for me to invoke the spirits of my ancestors that helped me remove those offending suitcase labels BEFORE arrival in Lagos, where I then sailed though with no questions asked, to my profound relief.

NEVER EVER try that again otherwise we will click on frontpage one day and see a thread featuring you in singlets and shorts, sitting on the ground with an array of assault weapons displayed in front of you. Trust 9ja police, they will sha pack their entire store and add to yours.

'Notorious gun smuggler caught in Lagos airport'

1 Like

Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 15, 2018
oyb:

grin

Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 15, 2018
Ishilove:

You have been watching too many Rambo movies.

Your statement is alarming. They strike me as coming from a very disturbed place.

Again, I thank you.

Have a nice day grin
Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 15, 2018
Ishilove:

Hokay. I gif up. Sometimes wisdom lies in the voice of multitudes.

Exactly.

So stop trying to change my opinion.

You do you, I do me cheesy

Egun “I bring out emotions in others that they themselves do not understand where it came from” Mogaji.
Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Jakumo(m): 4:37pm On May 15, 2018
Ishilove:

NEVER EVER try that again otherwise we will click on frontpage one day and see a thread featuring you in singlets and shorts, sitting on the ground with an array of assault weapons displayed in front of you. Trust 9ja police, they will sha pack their entire store and add to yours.

Na madness of small pikin dey worry me that time, lie no good.

Anyway, all permits have been duly acquired during the intervening years, which is why I can describe those foolhardy stunts I pulled in the past, without fear that Sgt. Dongoyaro will be assigned to track me down in my hideout.

1 Like

Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Ishilove: 4:41pm On May 15, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Exactly.

So stop trying to change my opinion.

You do you, I do me cheesy
You are a die hard gun lover. It makes me wonder the kind of society America is that makes people love guns. Ahn ahn.
Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 15, 2018
Ishilove:

You are a die hard gun lover. It makes me wonder the kind of society America is that makes people love guns. Ahn ahn.

The forefathers of my adopted country had this to say:

“The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

You either believe or don’t. I will never try to convince anyone to carry arms. So I push back when others don’t reciprocate.

“Out of my cold dead hands.......” cool
Re: Brave Mum Shoots Dead Gunman Outside School After He Tried To Rob Parents by InvertedHammer: 6:02pm On May 15, 2018
/*

I am surprised that she did not shoot to kill.

I would have sent him to yonder.

That was a quick draw. She has LEA written all over her moves.

I prefer Gluck 19 to all these 1911s out there.

#ProudlyGunNut

*/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Judiciary Staff Beheaded In Kogi State (Disturbing Photo) / Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-harcourt (photos) / Robbers Arrested By Kwara Police & Weapons Recovered (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.