Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget (13866 Views)

BREAKING: Senate Finally Confirms All 43 Ministerial Nominees / Breaking: Senate Approves 12 Nominees Into Nass Commission (full List) / 2019: Senate Finally Decides On Bill Seeking Re-order Of General Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by buynaijagoods: 1:50pm On May 15, 2018
It's good for our Democracy.

Buy and sell made in Nigeria Goods and Products on https://buynaijagoods.com
Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:51pm On May 15, 2018
cool
Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by Balet: 1:51pm On May 15, 2018
COPIED

PMB explodes:

I concur:..........

"I declared my assets and the Vice President also did. Those who feel otherwise about our assets declaration should come up with our hidden assets. If they knew that we have more than what we declared then or now, I challenge them to expose it locally and to the international community...."

~President Muhammadu Buhari

"I can't be championing ANTI CORRUPTION war and still be lobbying them(NASS) to pass the budget I presented to them about six months ago. Lobbying them with what? I can't be championing ANTI CORRUPTION war and still be lobbying them(Judiciary) to respect the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, lobbying them with what?
"We must put pressure on the right quarters. Although, we must allow every arm to exercise its due diligence....."

~ President Muhammadu Buhari

"I'm not interested in amassing wealth, I've never been and that is why I don't own oil wells and foreign accounts etc. This is the very reason that I'm not in collusion with anyone to share or embezzle the wealth of this nation. As a retired Head of State, my pension, savings, farms and other entitlements are sufficient to cater for my family. Remember, I don't have seven wives and eighty children. My only reason to take up leadership of this nation is to do the most I can, to do the things that others couldn't sum up the will to do and without same this nation will continue to pour our Honey into a basket and always be left with nothing. I may not be the best, I have my shortfalls but my intentions are always sincere and noble".

"I'm up and against the supposed owners of this nation who want this nation to continue to be the plantation of their political bracket, they have far reaching powers, influence and control than you can ever imagine. There's nothing that they can not do when they reach a decision and the best part is the fact that you will see their smiling faces but unknown to you that their hands are at work against the wellbeing of the nation".

"You may think that I am the devil but the devil is right there in your midst and shaking hands with you, they can arm-twist anyone and have their way. We wanted to save in the time of abundance but they will not let us, we wanted to repair our refineries for sixteen years but they will not let us, we wanted to enforce beautiful policies to secure this nation's economy but still they will not let us".

Today, we are saving irrespective of what they say or do, we are making our refineries work and diversifying our economy irrespective of what they say or do, we are enforcing policies that keeps the hands of monkeys out of our general pot irrespective of what they say or do. The job is not perfect neither is it complete but we are definitely on it and we will not give up.
Nigeria can not survive with the conscienceless and overbearing influence of these supposed owners of Nigeria, who surreptitiously command every facet of our nation's socioeconomic and political life.

Join me in the rescue of this nation or join anyone who you believe without a doubt that same can stop the owners of Nigeria from destroying this nation. Make no mistakes about this, 2019 is between Nigeria and the supposed owners of Nigeria. The choice is yours.

~ President Muhammadu Buhari
Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by kenodrill: 1:51pm On May 15, 2018
Gooɗ moves ɓy NASS.....Goɗ bless the verƴ ɗay ɓuhari tooƙ over the mantle of leadership from the ɗullarɗ gej.

Liƙe for buhari...share for gooɗ governance

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by otokx(m): 1:51pm On May 15, 2018
Kudos to them
Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by walex2(m): 1:53pm On May 15, 2018
hardywaltz:
Sai Baba
I just like this called Buhari.
See how he has humbled the NASS who were hoping of collecting GMG (Ghana Must Go) bags before passing the budget.

They also claimed they will not screen any Person nominated by the President till he sacks Magu but they have been screening when nobody talk to them

that is the essence of good leadership, be firm in your belief, prioritise general benefit to parochial thinking of individual and never allowed yourself to be treathened by anyone to go against your principle
Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by dipoolowoo: 1:53pm On May 15, 2018
National Assembly Raises 2018 Budget to N9.12tr, Allots N2.2tr to Service Debt
https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/05/15/national-assembly-raises-2018-budget-to-n9-12tr-allots-n2-2tr-to-service-debt/
Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by onapks: 2:00pm On May 15, 2018
download gbwhatsapp - https://onapks.com/gbwhatsapp/

download lucky patcher - https://onapks.com/lucky-patcher/
Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 15, 2018
Edenoscar2:
I dont understand,this is the middle of may and we're still talking of 2018 budget. So which budget have we been using since january
2017 budget up till 31st march 2018. After that i have no idea.
Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by godunia(m): 2:18pm On May 15, 2018
wheres the breaking news? fallen senate..they can keep it till next year.wetin concern me after all there is a provision that empowers the Executive to spend an equivalent of previously approved budget. Baba will not bow to them
Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by abuhari: 2:40pm On May 15, 2018
God bless PMB
Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by greatman247(m): 3:02pm On May 15, 2018
lanrecisse30:
Do you really read the news well? The finance minister said the 2017 budget will soon end!!!!!!!!!

Yes sure I did. The Nigerian Senate are bunch of fools who claim god and wait for the president to bow to their pressures whenever a budget is before them.

They are bunch of time wasters. Why would an already submitted budget stay so long with you without doing justice to it on time. A good senate irrespective of their party should put sentiment aside when a budget is before them and deliberate on it on time and the pass, make amend on time when need be. What Senate give to the executive is what they give out (gabbage in gabbage out). You can't pass the budget so late and expect executive to do miracle they will also slow to implement the budget, even when they don't intend to. Nigeria were still developing with 2017 Budget when we are already have into 2018. What a useless country I find myself in.
Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by overall90: 3:03pm On May 15, 2018
hardywaltz:
Sai Baba
I just like this man called Buhari.
See how he has humbled the NASS who were hoping of collecting GMG (Ghana Must Go) bags before passing the budget.

They also claimed they will not screen any Person nominated by the President till he sacks Magu but they have been screening when nobody talk to them

the 10billion the finance minister gave to NASS last month is what?
the fact that the bribes no longer come in Ghana must go doesn't mean that they no longer bribe them
Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by Swint: 3:18pm On May 15, 2018
paulchineduN:
I don't know why some people think that the only problem they have is the Senate. I can tell u that the executive is mainly the problem of this budget passage. How can a ministry be bandying figures without knowing what to do with it? How can a minister not know what he wants to do with a particular figure in a budget? When the head is not faulty, the whole body becomes faulty automatically.
Really? Which of the ministers precisely is the culprit here abi na all of them
Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by dipoolowoo: 6:19pm On May 15, 2018
Do you know that the executive delayed the budget passage by not going to defend it. The MDAs did not go to the Senate to state how they executed the 2017 budget.

President Buhari had to direct the MDAs in March 2018 to defend their budgets. The executive succeeded in painting the Senate black in the eyes of Nigerians.

greatman247:

Yes sure I did. The Nigerian Senate are bunch of fools who claim god and wait for the president to bow to their pressures whenever a budget is before them.

They are bunch of time wasters. Why would an already submitted budget stay so long with you without doing justice to it on time. A good senate irrespective of their party should put sentiment aside when a budget is before them and deliberate on it on time and the pass, make amend on time when need be. What Senate give to the executive is what they give out (gabbage in gabbage out). You can't pass the budget so late and expect executive to do miracle they will also slow to implement the budget, even when they don't intend to. Nigeria were still developing with 2017 Budget when we are already have into 2018. What a useless country I find myself in.
Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by kmaster007: 6:26pm On May 15, 2018
how many times dem dey pass budget self...
Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by greatman247(m): 10:16pm On May 16, 2018
dipoolowoo:
Do you know that the executive delayed the budget passage by not going to defend it. The MDAs did not go to the Senate to state how they executed the 2017 budget.

President Buhari had to direct the MDAs in March 2018 to defend their budgets. The executive succeeded in painting the Senate black in the eyes of Nigerians.

I know and you're correct but that's not the case here and the bulk of the blames end on the laps of the senate most times. Usually the MDAs get their jobs done ahead of time perhaps after being push by president but yet Senate delay on the deliberations on the passage of the bill due to hidden agenda. In this case, President Buhari directed the MDAs since march and now we are in May and yet Senate are just planning on passing budget. They ridiculed themselves certainly The executive did not paint the senate black in the eyes of the public, cos the President who directed the MDAs to get their job done is part of the Executive.
Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by Okoroawusa: 10:20pm On May 16, 2018
yazach:
Honestly Nigerians real enemy are this useless people called Senate. Imagine they just lay the budget after it has been submitted to them since December.

Where is our occupy Senate ambition
since November, sir
Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by Okoroawusa: 10:23pm On May 16, 2018
overall90:

the 10billion the finance minister gave to NASS last month is what?
the fact that the bribes no longer come in Ghana must go doesn't mean that they no longer bribe them
10 billion what? how? when?

in this Buhari govt?

You must be joking or high or both
Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by yazach: 8:24am On May 17, 2018
Okoroawusa:

since November, sir

Thanks you Sir.

I hope you don't forget our occupy NASS
Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by heetteja97: 7:38pm On Jun 02, 2018
Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by alexJa: 5:06pm On Jun 03, 2018
Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by aadharin6: 6:57am On Jun 04, 2018
Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by shubhammeena05: 8:55am On Jun 05, 2018
It’s really a great and helpful piece of information. Thanks for sharing. Also download
https://freshmodapks.com/gbwhatsapp-apk/
https://freshmodapks.com/mini-militia-pro-pack/
Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by Naresh1290: 6:07pm On Jun 05, 2018
Really amazing article thanks for sharing also check https://www.tricksclub.com/stylish-facebook-names-boys/
Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by namanq123: 7:18am On Jun 13, 2018
Go watch movies in hd visit us
Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by priyash: 2:48am On Jun 15, 2018
Hi guys hoow are you I hope you all are good, I am Priya from UK I love playing coc game
-- https://www.androidterritory.com/clash-of-clans-coc-private-server/
Re: BREAKING: Senate Finally Lays 2018 Budget by darshan11: 11:19am On Jun 19, 2018
Watch movies on morpheus tv in hd.Click on the below link to visit us.
http://www.wtfismorpheustv.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Arrives Kebbi For APC Presidential Campaign Rally (Photos) / Nigerians Will Reject One-Party State — IBB / Refined Dangote Fuel Now Expected In July

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.