Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones (56017 Views)

Bishop Omooba Adebowale Exchanges His Shoes Worth N145K With Member During / Prophet Andrew Ejimadu's Members Lick His Shoes For Blessings (Photos) / South African Prophet, Samuel Akinbodunse Of FANO TV Stages Two-day Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by BluntBoy(m): 7:55pm On May 15, 2018
oyetunder:
No wahala. Go and be a very poor pastor for us all to see. Then you will know that pastors are not even expected by God to wait for money directly from heaven. Keep fighting rich pastors. Thank God they are not using the money to sponsor terrorists to bomb innocent souls. And pls, since you are wise enough not to give your money to these pastors, then allow those you think are stupid to continue the giving. Biko...

Bro, a pastor ought to be comfortable, not wealthy.

Pastor is not a job, let alone one that should make you wealthy. It is a sacrifice, a task where you either work for your own personal income or depend on the basic things like food, clothes and shelter that the Church provides you. When a pastor begins to get wealthy, one should question his source of wealth.

The Bible never said pastors (shepherds) should be poor. But Jesus Christ was very wary of wealth and warned His disciples seriously about it. All the time Jesus mentioned wealth, it was in a negative light. Rather, He preached modesty and contentment.

The reason why your churches continue to demand tithes and offering is because their pastors are living large. If churches do not permit their leaders to live extravagant lifestyles, they ought to have stopped collecting tithes and offerings. God instituted the Levitical tithe for a reason. Now that pastors are super wealthy, why is tithing still mandatory in these churches. Why are offerings still collected everytime you gather? An offering once a year is enough to sustain a serious church and service its services.

2 Likes

Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by charlesazeh(m): 8:04pm On May 15, 2018
HeyCorleone:

So Jesus should have gone around barefooted?

Smh. Because he had access to basic things of life doesn't give these prosperity preachers the right to be overly ostentatious. Even their members are more modest.

Honestly your refutation was rather poor.

You sound like a pastor yourself.

I am not a pastor nor do I work in any church but should he go on bear foot now and there are shoes for him to wear? How much is the shoe worth...I hate when people attack the pastors for wearing shoes or shirts...they are just like you and me.. I wear expensive shirts and shoes to church then why can't they do same...or is the christian law against buying cars and wearing shoes? In my fathers house they are riches...God gives wealth and not just to the congregation but to the pastors too... Everybody partakes in His blessings if only you believe and work hard.. I am not saying they are no fraudulent ones but judgement is of the Lord.. Let's be cautious...
Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by obillyj(f): 8:05pm On May 15, 2018
Apostle is the son of the Owner of the universe. If his Father owns d universe n everything within, is he to live like a pauper? Buhari is d president of Nigeria, does Zahra Burial go to bend down select for her wears or to Ariaria market in Aba for her shoes? Hell, no.
Nobody points out her expensive wears because her father is d president n controls d nation's wealth. Nigerians n even those that call themselves christian wil! Talk trash of a man of God without respect to who called him into that office. We are good in judging n condemning people. Who employed u as God's spokes man? He can speak for Himself, allow Him to be d judge.
No matter what, u haters will always talk. Be mindful of what u say about an anointed man. David has respect for d anointing on Saul's life even after God has rejected Saul that he didn't kill Saul though he had d opportunity twice n defended d house of Saul. Let him who has ears hear.
Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by olusola200: 8:13pm On May 15, 2018
Burnamimi:

I laugh you in fire fire
So where Sule dey go with otobo ,hell ?
Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by vertueptime: 8:29pm On May 15, 2018
OlufemiOAP:
Am here to read savage comments

And u shall read them
Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by vertueptime: 8:30pm On May 15, 2018
I have cure for pastor soloman's baldness, if u quote me and say it is not possible then all other miracles too.
Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by youngadab(m): 8:43pm On May 15, 2018
more anointing
Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 15, 2018
Make this man just de barb skull na. See bald head abeg
Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by geedup(m): 8:53pm On May 15, 2018
This man's hairstyle......only native doctors carve hairs like this
Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by shammy0609(f): 8:55pm On May 15, 2018
DEGABA:
Man of God indeed,look at his head like cockroach,Scamming his gullible followers.
How is ya head....i am not a gullible person but to things of God i am...mind u..i do not just go anywhere

Now sir pray for forgiveness
Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by Goodness4525: 9:02pm On May 15, 2018
In a community of blinds, then one with one eye will surely be king
Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by emmanuelglo(m): 9:38pm On May 15, 2018
tracyfemmmm:
This men of "god" exist in a country where some are selling themselves as slaves. I Can't take churches seriously. Christ did not have expensive shoes or phones. He fed a crowd with 5 loaves and 2 fishes. With all the abundance of wealth and influence churches have they still can't better the country. Only to donate small money here and there while building schools that 99% of their members cannot afford. If you want to follow God, follow only him because churches these days won't help you.
my people perish 4 lack of knowledge but ur own case pass lack of knowledge, u are just born ignorant and chose 2 be ignorant. Apostle Suleman has help till date people that not even the FG of nigeria can replicate. Thats y i say 'it s only a poor man that will envy a rich man.
Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by emmanuelglo(m): 9:41pm On May 15, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

So this is your idea of success ?
Nigerians praise fraudsters, idolize spiritual conmen, hail thieving politicians.
This country is under a curse.
So is u man!
Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by HeyCorleone(m): 9:44pm On May 15, 2018
charlesazeh:

I am not a pastor nor do I work in any church but should he go on bear foot now and there are shoes for him to wear? How much is the shoe worth...I hate when people attack the pastors for wearing shoes or shirts...they are just like you and me.. I wear expensive shirts and shoes to church then why can't they do same...or is the christian law against buying cars and wearing shoes? In my fathers house they are riches...God gives wealth and not just to the congregation but to the pastors too... Everybody partakes in His blessings if only you believe and work hard.. I am not saying they are no fraudulent ones but judgement is of the Lord.. Let's be cautious...

The hallmark of Christianity is moderation. Modesty. That is something orthodox churches understand. The preachers have to live up to a level. You are in the Lord's vineyard for Chrissakes. "In my father's house there are many riches". That passage lays emphasis on heavenly riches. You can't be a pastor wearing 500k shoes telling me about getting reward in heaven. No. The purpose is defeated. The Catholic church understands that. Very few priests buy their car with their own money. The church gives them, and most times it's not personal. They don't even have their own houses. They barely own nothing. That is the true definition of Christlike. Yesterday on FP you saw that the Pope auctioned his Lamborghini, with the proceeds to go to charity. Why? Because he is symbolising Christ.

No one is saying pastor's should languish in penury, but modesty is key. I see no reason why a pastor should have 4,5 cars. It is plain insanity. Who are you showing off to?
Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by donnie(m): 9:52pm On May 15, 2018
kpaofame:
undecided lipsrsealed

Swag ke...A shoe that can be gotten from Uche & Sons here

Pitiable how people have reduce the gospel of Salvation and rechanneled attention to the mundane things of the present earth...

Are you referring to the man of God who is reaching out to the lost or to yourself concerned about shoes?
Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by lereinter(m): 9:54pm On May 15, 2018
na two days revival go solve kenya problem
Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by HeyCorleone(m): 10:00pm On May 15, 2018
obillyj:
Apostle is the son of the Owner of the universe. If his Father owns d universe n everything within, is he to live like a pauper? Buhari is d president of Nigeria, does Zahra Burial go to bend down select for her wears or to Ariaria market in Aba for her shoes? Hell, no.
Nobody points out her expensive wears because her father is d president n controls d nation's wealth. Nigerians n even those that call themselves christian wil! Talk trash of a man of God without respect to who called him into that office. We are good in judging n condemning people. Who employed u as God's spokes man? He can speak for Himself, allow Him to be d judge.
No matter what, u haters will always talk. Be mindful of what u say about an anointed man. David has respect for d anointing on Saul's life even after God has rejected Saul that he didn't kill Saul though he had d opportunity twice n defended d house of Saul. Let him who has ears hear.

It is foolishness like yours that pastors are grateful for - it's mesmerising.

I don't know your apostle and I'm not interested in knowing him. But I know Jesus. Please what did Jesus, the true son of God, own? What manner of life did he live? Okay that time the mode of transport was horses and boats. How many of those did he own? He even had a trade - Jesus was a carpenter. What job does your pastor do apart from preaching? If you tell me writing books I can slap you thru the phone.

Yes God has given His children everything, but Christianity as a religion is tied upon the tenet of modesty. There is everything wrong with a pastor having 5,6 cars. Such a pastor is plain insane.

I'm not the one to preach. No. I'm full of crap myself. But I understand the very basics of the religion. Jesus is who we are to emulate, and the moment you decide to work in His vineyard, you're carrying a cross. You don't seek riches or affluence. You seek to be like him.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by eyinjuege: 10:27pm On May 15, 2018
Slow news day today.

So what should we do about his shoes and phones?
What's extraordinary about them?
Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by BabylonCruise(m): 11:11pm On May 15, 2018
Sodiquinone:
A pastor that cannot cure his bald head ,can never solve ur complex problems.A word is enough for the wise
When did bald head become a problem that needs solution?
Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by Georgeandrew919: 12:26am On May 16, 2018
Abeg laugh jooooor. I join you to laugh... [color=#006600][/color]� � � �
Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by charlesazeh(m): 1:22am On May 16, 2018
HeyCorleone:

The hallmark of Christianity is moderation. Modesty. That is something orthodox churches understand. The preachers have to live up to a level. You are in the Lord's vineyard for Chrissakes. "In my father's house there are many riches". That passage lays emphasis on heavenly riches. You can't be a pastor wearing 500k shoes telling me about getting reward in heaven. No. The purpose is defeated. The Catholic church understands that. Very few priests buy their car with their own money. The church gives them, and most times it's not personal. They don't even have their own houses. They barely own nothing. That is the true definition of Christlike. Yesterday on FP you saw that the Pope auctioned his Lamborghini, with the proceeds to go to charity. Why? Because he is symbolising Christ.

No one is saying pastor's should languish in penury, but modesty is key. I see no reason why a pastor should have 4,5 cars. It is plain insanity. Who are you showing off to?

I just said we shouldn't be the judge but let God handle the case...I am not in support of the pastors lavish lifestyle but the shoe that brought about this argument is worth nothing..... Let them be..the judgement day is near... I don't pay tithe to any church but I can't stop people from doing so..my wife donates to our church and I don't wish to stop her..heavenly race is just personal... I give to charity from my teen age...that's my believe... Let us pray for them rather than insulting them..
Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by Roycemadeit(m): 6:51am On May 16, 2018
Sodiquinone:
A pastor that cannot cure his bald head ,can never solve ur complex problems.A word is enough for the wise
. Only if it's destined
Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by Roycemadeit(m): 7:10am On May 16, 2018
It's troubling the way "many church members" have been hypnotized. " He is the son of the owner of the universe " so therefore those that don't live in luxury are sons of who?
See make person no make me vex. Some buy private jets and give a dumb reason. Some spend hundreds of millions to build massive churches and the reason for building such an edifice is because they want it to be befitting for the presence of God. #Smh, what about the living church I.e the members that don't have jobs, food or shelter? I am waiting for the day a church would say we have enough money already for now let's hold on on the vows and donations.
Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by Assassin101: 9:17am On May 16, 2018
the condition of his bald head is looking more like that of Nigeria...
Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by HeyCorleone(m): 9:30am On May 16, 2018
charlesazeh:

I just said we shouldn't be the judge but let God handle the case...I am not in support of the pastors lavish lifestyle but the shoe that brought about this argument is worth nothing..... Let them be..the judgement day is near... I don't pay tithe to any church but I can't stop people from doing so..my wife donates to our church and I don't wish to stop her..heavenly race is just personal... I give to charity from my teen age...that's my believe... Let us pray for them rather than insulting them..

You don't understand.

No one is insulting them. We are only calling for them to live up to better standards.
Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by Daejoyoung: 10:06am On May 16, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

So this is your idea of success ?
Nigerians praise fraudsters, idolize spiritual conmen, hail thieving politicians.
This country is under a curse.
This is the problem with Nigeria, his idea of success is simply anyone with money.
Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by kpaofame: 11:15am On May 16, 2018
donnie:

Are you referring to the man of God who is reaching out to the lost or to yourself concerned about shoes?

referring to the people concerned about his shoes and swag and not his message..
Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by kpaofame: 11:17am On May 16, 2018
ayourbamie:
There's nothing wrong with the shoe, it looks moderate to me

Read 2 Kings 2:23-25 if you are a christian....the answer is there
Re: Apostle Suleman Arrives Kenya For A 2-Day Programme. Check Out His Shoes, Phones by parissaint(m): 12:34pm On May 16, 2018
kpaofame:

You seem myopic.... but lemme not dwell on that...The thing people concern now about ministers and 'Men of God' are what they wear and the car they drive not the message they carry/pass...that is what my post was centred upon and in my opinion it is not helping the body of Christ...

But you rush in here talking about rags and slipperz

undecided angry

The Way U Said It Tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Gifts A Woman A Toyota Camry In Church Today (Photos) / Pastor Adeboye's Son Quits Social Media With A Shocking Message! / Deji Adeyanju Spotted At The COZA Protest, Composes A Song For Pastor Fatoyinbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.