Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,047 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) (26082 Views)

Jose Antonio Reyes Dies In Car Crash At Age Of 35 (Photos) / Douglas Costa Involved In Car Accident (Photos) / Aguero Involved In A Car Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by Gisthoodng(m): 6:18pm On May 15, 2018
Former Aston Villa defender Jlloyd Samuel has reportedly died in a car crash.

The horrific news went viral this afternoon just hours before Aston Villa's play-off semi final second leg with Middlesbrough.

Samuel made over 240 appearances for Bolton wonders and Aston Villa and was capped twice at the international level for Trinidad and Tobago.

The news was officially confirmed in a statement from Trinidad and Tobago FA, who described how his 'vehicle caught fire' after a collision in England.

The statement read: "We've received some terrible news that former National defender and Ex-Aston Villa and Bolton Wanderers player Jlloyd Samuel died in a car crash this morning in England.

“According to reports, Jlloyd was returning home after dropping his kids off to school and collided with an oncoming vehicle.

"His vehicle caught fire and his body was discovered burnt.

“The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association and his former national teammates at this time extends deepest condolences to his family members both in the UK and here in Trinidad and Tobago."

Aston Villa tweeted: “We are deeply saddened to hear of the death of our former player Jlloyd Samuel at the age of just 37 in a car accident.

“Our players will wear black armbands as a mark of respect tonight and our thoughts are with his friends and family at this very difficult time.”

While Bolton's official account tweeted: “Everybody associated with Bolton Wanderers Football Club is deeply saddened to learn of the passing of our former defender, Jlloyd Samuel.

“Rest in peace, Jlloyd. Our deepest condolences are with his family and friends at this difficult time.”

Source: http://www.sportdab.com.ng/2018/05/so-sad-former-aston-villa-player-jlloyd.html

Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by NwaAmaikpe: 6:25pm On May 15, 2018
shocked

English footballers keep living on the fastlane.
Living lavish and spending on frivolities.

I hope he left more than just oversized jerseys for his next-of-kin to inherit?

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:27pm On May 15, 2018
shocked shocked
Some people are just intentionally sick sha!!
Smh.

RIP Samuel!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by johnbuck81(m): 6:38pm On May 15, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

do u really have to display ur stupidity everywhere?
please respect the dead.

79 Likes

Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by Krissjones: 8:11pm On May 15, 2018
Who gives a Fùck about some nobody śhit player? I see no reason why the mods moved this to front page this guy was an irrelevant player you should only move threads to front page when someone relevant dies not some nobody defender that played for śhit clubs all his life.
Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by Krissjones: 8:11pm On May 15, 2018
Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 15, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

U are just a case study! shocked

8 Likes

Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by Adewunmibaba(m): 8:12pm On May 15, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Sense now biko

9 Likes

Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by thatigboman: 8:13pm On May 15, 2018
johnbuck81:
do u really have to display ur stupidity everywhere?
please respect the dead.
that thing u quoted is brain dead

20 Likes

Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by sod09(m): 8:13pm On May 15, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

why is your life oversized like this...fucking show respect to the dead, you lunatic

17 Likes

Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by sexdoll: 8:13pm On May 15, 2018
is he a nigerian?
Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by Britishcoins(m): 8:13pm On May 15, 2018
Buhari is in the queue.
BEFORE quoting me kindly ask me which of the queue
Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by hkidola00(m): 8:14pm On May 15, 2018
Krissjones:
Who gives a Fùck about some nobody śhit player? I would I see no reason why the mods moved this to forng page this guy was an irrelevant player you should only move threads to front page when someone relevant dies not some nobody defender that played for shit clubs all his life
But but, jlloyd Samuel is more popular, successful and richer than ur past and present generations

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by Caseywilliams(m): 8:14pm On May 15, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

was that savage or what....it wasn't necessary
Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by Jaybeee(m): 8:14pm On May 15, 2018
Rip
Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by asdfjklhaha(f): 8:15pm On May 15, 2018
Rip
Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by Diso60090(m): 8:15pm On May 15, 2018
For the car to catch fire he must be driving like Anthony dickhead
Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by SoapQueen(f): 8:16pm On May 15, 2018
Krissjones:
Who gives a Fùck about some nobody śhit player? I see no reason why the mods moved this to front page this guy was an irrelevant player you should only move threads to front page when someone relevant dies not some nobody defender that played for śhit clubs all his life.

Be still.

He was human, just like you.

At least, the Trinidad team extended their heartfelt sympathy. The question is: who knows you?

17 Likes

Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by Explorers(m): 8:17pm On May 15, 2018
Rip
Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by Pierohandsome: 8:17pm On May 15, 2018
Hope he didnt put his money in world bank? Because tht is good as leaving nothing for his family
Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 8:17pm On May 15, 2018
Why are you people quoting "Yaba left patient"?

God grant the family the Grace to carry on in Jesus name -Amen!

6 Likes

Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by ahnie: 8:18pm On May 15, 2018
Rip
Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by Caseywilliams(m): 8:18pm On May 15, 2018
Krissjones:
even at that please show some remorse i wonder if u played football at all,beholding the sight of ur fellow player sustaining injury is painfully talk more of death #we_have_lost_sanity

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by lagdmark(m): 8:18pm On May 15, 2018
sexdoll:
is he a nigerian?
na only nigerians dey die abi

3 Likes

Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by LZAA: 8:19pm On May 15, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nwa Amaikpe oooo
Rest in peace jlloyd
fine defender in his prime

2 Likes

Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by SoNature(m): 8:19pm On May 15, 2018
asdfjklhaha:
Rip

Fine girl, when am I going to see you? *Looking her fine pix*
Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by TheNigerianMan: 8:20pm On May 15, 2018
Living life on the fast lane has always been dangerous, why wouldn't people listen?

this is bad

Best Small Business Loan Websites You Can Use To Boost Your Business
www.smalllbusinessloans..com/2018/05/best-small-business-loan-websites-you.html
Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by alatbaba1(m): 8:20pm On May 15, 2018
rip
Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by LZAA: 8:21pm On May 15, 2018
Krissjones:
jlloyd irrelevant?? grin
go back to troll school mate cuz this troll attempt was mad weak grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by Yoruba4Life: 8:21pm On May 15, 2018
Krissjones:

Who cares abt ur nonsense post? angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by troublemakea(m): 8:21pm On May 15, 2018
hkidola00:
But but, jlloyd Samuel is more popular, successful and richer than ur past and present generations

Lmao grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) by Yoruba4Life: 8:22pm On May 15, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Typical okoro fool.. keep it up!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What Solari Is Saying About Resigning As Real Madrid Manager After 4– 1 Loss / NFF Officials Attend Burial Of Ahmed Musa's Late Mother / Timi Ebikagboro Is Dead (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.