Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

APC Convention:apc House Of Reps Caucus Endorse Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Convention:apc House Of Reps Caucus Endorse Oshiomhole (311 Views)

Funke Adesiyan Wins APC House Of Assembly Primary Election In Oyo / Ibrahim Babajide Obanikoro Wins APC House Of Representatives Ticket In Lagos / Nairabet Owner Akin Alabi Wins APC House Of Rep Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

APC Convention:apc House Of Reps Caucus Endorse Oshiomhole by NetworkNewsNG: 7:27am On May 16, 2018
We can only resolve APC crisis through politics of inclusiveness not exclusion- Oshiomhole tells Reps members

SIMON EBEGBULEM AND EMMA OVUAKPORIE

ABUJA-IMMEDIATE past Governor of Edo State and aspirant of the National Chairmanship of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole yesterday bemoaned the current crisis rocking the party in some states, saying that if elected the next party chairman the contending issues will be resolved with all party members having that sense of belonging.

Oshiomhole stated this while addressing the APC Caucus in the House of Representatives.

Meanwhile, the APC Caucus in the House of Representatives have endorsed comrade Oshiomhole for the National Chairmanship seat of the APC.

This was announced by the Leader of the House, Mr Femi Gbajabiamila who briefed journalists after a close door meeting between the former governor and members of the APC Caucus.

He said, "Comrade is coming with a big credential. We have heard from him and we believe in him that he can do the job. The APC Caucus in the House decided to endorse him because we believe he is capable"

According to him, "I am contesting for this position not because there is a vacuum but because I have been an active member and I am convinced that we need to do somethings different to make our party stronger.

"A lot of things happening now in our party, the problems in some states would have been checked if we had an effective party administration. Though we are having issues because we are a progressive party but with a proactive leadership all the issues will be resolved.

"They will be resolved in a win win situation. Every body must get something. I am saying this because even as a governor I have never told a party member who are you. Because if I do that in the day of election I will be in my village and that person will be in his area and he might punish me.

"I am convinced that working with leaders of our party, I believe we can build a party that is founded on inclusiveness and not exclusion. A party must argue and resolve amicably no matter the issues. There is no problem that cannot be resolved and we must resolve all our problems as party men and women" he stated.

Oshiomhole expressed his gratitude to the lawmakers for finding time to listen to him assuring that " our party the APC will remain strong and we will win the 2019 general elections God's willing.

Speaking earlier, Speaker of the House of Representatives Yakubu Dogara , commended Oshiomhole for his visit just as he stressed the need for the party to be united ahead the general elections.

The APC caucus members had a closed door meeting with Oshiomhole for about an hour after Oshiomhole addressed the lawmakers.

Some the dignitaries that were with Oshiomhole at the visit includes the Deputy Governor of Edo State, Comrade Philip Shaibu, Patrick Obahiagbon, Senator Domingo Obende, Deputy whip of the House Pally Iriase and other members of the House of Representatives from Edo State.

http://www.networknews.com.ng/2018/05/apc-conventionapc-house-of-reps-caucus.html
Re: APC Convention:apc House Of Reps Caucus Endorse Oshiomhole by Blackfist(m): 7:30am On May 16, 2018
Apc is a fake party
Re: APC Convention:apc House Of Reps Caucus Endorse Oshiomhole by Bethel4Life(f): 7:31am On May 16, 2018

(1) (Reply)

INEC Begins Distribution Of Pvcs For New Registrants In Lagos / Breaking: Taraba APC Congress Suspended / Chief Mrs. Kemi Nelson, Hon. Princess Folashade Congratulate APC New Excos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.