Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Does It Really Matter If We Call Ourselves Ethiopians? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Does It Really Matter If We Call Ourselves Ethiopians? (357 Views)

Does The PA School You Attend Really Matter? Top-ranked PA Schools In The US / How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. / These 15 Things Will Matter A Lot Less To You In The Future (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does It Really Matter If We Call Ourselves Ethiopians? by ednited(f): 7:36am On May 16, 2018
Recently, I watched a talk show and it was about asking foreign residents in Ethiopia about the problem in Ethiopia and one of them who has been interviewed was a man from Cameroon. He said, he is very annoyed being called " African " in Ethiopia.

But then am confused why he is mad. . .

Cameroon is in Africa, so what is the matter??

Then he said he is dissaponted that Ethiopians call themselves Ethiopian. . .if I went out of my country and if people ask me where am from, honestly I would say that am from Ethiopia. . .And this dissapoints many OTHER Africans.

Ethiopia is in Africa, and I don't see any reason why this is a mistake. I needn't mention that am from Africa because my face tells the story. It does not mean I have no respect for Africa, I do care for my continent and who I really am.

This is not my first time hearing OTHER African nation become disappointed at us for this reason I just want a clear definition why this is disappointing and if there is anyone here who have experienced the same thing..

(1) (Reply)

Special Announcement From The Security Services That Is Important To You / New Innovation In Scanning And Printing / Resist Any Attempt To Establish Cattle Colony In Your State - Pastor Enenche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.