Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Buhari: Why I Was Overthrown As A Military Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Why I Was Overthrown As A Military Leader (412 Views)

Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago / 'Buhari, Why Do You Like Blood?' - Uche Secondus Asks President / Buhari: Why I Will Never Write A Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: Why I Was Overthrown As A Military Leader by DinoMelaye(m): 11:36am On May 16, 2018
PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari has hinted why he was overthrown as a military leader of the country in 1985.

Mr Buhari, a retired major general in the Nigerian Army served as the nation’s head of state from December 1983 and was ousted in August 1985, after taking power in a military coup d’état. He was elected president in 2015 after several attempts.

The President speaking on Tuesday while commissioning the newly completed office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission said he was removed from office for fighting corruption.

“My first attempt to fight corruption, corruption fought back successfully. I was removed from office and detained for three years,” Buhari said.

https://www.headlineng.com/buhari-overthrown-military-leader/
Re: Buhari: Why I Was Overthrown As A Military Leader by Nobody: 11:38am On May 16, 2018
He ought to be thrown.
Re: Buhari: Why I Was Overthrown As A Military Leader by DinoMelaye(m): 11:41am On May 16, 2018
This time you will be overthrown for incompetence.
Re: Buhari: Why I Was Overthrown As A Military Leader by SniperSmurf(m): 11:43am On May 16, 2018
Dumbo

#buharimustgo
Re: Buhari: Why I Was Overthrown As A Military Leader by Ichokwu: 11:46am On May 16, 2018
You were overthrown for your cluelessness sir.
Re: Buhari: Why I Was Overthrown As A Military Leader by limeta(f): 12:34pm On May 16, 2018
If true you fought corruption in 1983 and fighting corruption 2018 simply means you a corrupt person since you fail to know that regional government would address corruption much better and cheaper .
Re: Buhari: Why I Was Overthrown As A Military Leader by limeta(f): 12:36pm On May 16, 2018
If true you fought corruption in 1983 and fighting corruption 2018 simply means you a corrupt person since you fail to know that regional government would tackle corruption much better and cheaper .
Re: Buhari: Why I Was Overthrown As A Military Leader by uwa1(m): 1:09pm On May 16, 2018
There 'll always be an excuse..

(1) (Reply)

2019: Governor Ganduje Promises Buhari 5 Million Votes / PDP Governor: Why I Will Never Castigate Buhari / Ikpeazu, F G, And Many Gains Of Politics Without Bitterness, Rancor...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.