Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

My Idea Of How To Improve Accountability In Public Offices - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Idea Of How To Improve Accountability In Public Offices (532 Views)

Nomination Of Candidates That Can Fit In To Public Offices / ASUU Strike,equity,probity And Accountability In Government Owned Universities / This Is WHY FUEL SUBSIDY MUST GO: "accountability" In Jonathan's Government! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Idea Of How To Improve Accountability In Public Offices by frankwizzy(m): 11:25am On May 24, 2010
I woke up with the idea that if there was a weekly newspaper that concentrated on highlighting the achievements and unachievements of these our public office holders especially local govts and state governors.
what brought the thought to mind was the fact that there wasnt really any sort of avenue where their achievements can be judged without biase, so from the minute you step into office this newspaper journalists documents what contracts get asigned and which ones get carried out and the ones that dont, we also know who spends their time throwing and attending parties instead of doing their job, the motivation for that thought was the fact that fashola is working so hard to improve lagos and same with some local govts as well but people tend to attribute any development in lagos to fashola without realising that some local govts are actually working aswel while some are just there to get paid and milk the community dry without doing what they are meant to do.
By documenting all of this achievements and flaws people actually know the true pictures of the people ruling them and the performers can get kudos and awards for performance monthly or quaterly while the non performers get boos and everyone can know the non performers making it more difficult for them to tell any silly lies as their position on the achievers list would speak for themselves. 

p.s iam not a journalist but i would love to see this come to reality as it would do its own piece to get this politicians in check, at least maybe the prospect of coming up repeatedly as the least performing governor or local govt chairman might shame them enough to perform.

(1) (Reply)

Scam Alert! Latest Scam By Estate Developers-allocated Plot Swapping / Ribadu Reisntated As Assistant Inspector-general / Seun, Have You Been The The States?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.