Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" (12563 Views)

3 Times Davido Ditched Afropop And Afrobeats / 10 Iconic Rappers That Have Never Won A Grammy Award / Davido, Wizkid Or Olamide, Which Of These Artistes Can Fill Up Wembley Stadium? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" by ThanosEronz: 9:24pm On May 16, 2018
I don't see the hype over Grammy
Lets us focus on making our headies more recognised

And somebody shud tell Dekoko...sorry.... Decode to enter the nearest gym
Brother does not look like an artiste sef
Re: De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" by ShenTeh(m): 9:25pm On May 16, 2018
Adekunle Gold is unique.
Re: De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" by ikorodureporta: 9:28pm On May 16, 2018
Davido go win
Re: De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" by domino4211(m): 9:42pm On May 16, 2018
DoTheNeedful:
Africans and Nigerians especially should try to be comfortable in their skin and space. Why should you want to win Grammy? Why should you want to measure the success of a Nigerian musician by Grammy. Grammy was birthed in the US and the entertainment industry there grew the award to a global audience.
We should also grow our own awards to the global audience. Who Grammy epp
....clothes too came from the whites...Why wear clothes?..why not strut around in leaves like your ancestors..so we'll know you are a true nigerian..Why did you even go to school at all sef..to learn western lifestyle,languages and courses....

2 Likes

Re: De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" by JastSiryin(m): 9:44pm On May 16, 2018
ikorodureporta:
Davido go win
For all the rubbish wey him dey sing ba?
Re: De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" by prettyesther20: 9:50pm On May 16, 2018
He is right.

For instance Latinos get recognized in the global music scene due to their originality through constant use of their language, musical instruments such as samba etc

They don't try to emulate the Americans rather they try to maintain their sound which makes them unique. That is what is necessary.

No matter how good and how American Nasty C raps, he cannot never be nominated in the same category with Jay Z. Same as our pop Singers

Africans are meant to be unique.

1 Like

Re: De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" by DoTheNeedful: 9:51pm On May 16, 2018
[s]
domino4211:
....clothes too came from the whites...Why wear clothes?..why not strut around in leaves like your ancestors..so we'll know you are a true nigerian..Why did you even go to school at all sef..to learn western lifestyle,languages and courses....
[/s]

You don't have to copy all their things and ways. Most nations of the world have contributed one thing or the other that is adopted by all the nations of the world. From China(paper) to India and Arabic countries(Number system) and so on. Wearing their clothes doesn't negate the fact that we also should create our space.
Why we should be so useless to the point that we measure our successful musician with ordinary Grammy is want I can't fathom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" by RomeoEmpire(m): 9:54pm On May 16, 2018
jazinogold:
Decoder I know...please who is D-Code?

Besides D only code I know is *556#
U're a very 4ny Sombori. grin
jazinogold:

U're a very 4ny Sombori.
Re: De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" by DavidEsq(m): 9:54pm On May 16, 2018
LeoThaGreat:
I'm always disgusted at the way some black people struggle for Grammy kind of recognition from the whites.
We need to stop hyping theirs and keep improving ours.
I'm frigging angry dammit
[b]I guess I'll need to listen to my songs to brighten my mood.
Kindly follow the link below to join m[/b]e
To get headache ni?

Re: De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" by daveP(m): 9:56pm On May 16, 2018
If it doesn't hurt the skin and teeth of many, then it's not the truth.

The truth has been spoken.

1 Like

Re: De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" by Maxcollins042(m): 10:15pm On May 16, 2018
post=67622779:
One day, it's gonna happen!
Never! Just like he said, you can never sell ice to the Eskimos.
Re: De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" by ikorodureporta: 10:17pm On May 16, 2018
JastSiryin:
For all the rubbish wey him dey sing ba?

he's got a big spirit
Re: De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" by thedondada(m): 10:18pm On May 16, 2018
ThanosEronz:
I don't see the hype over Grammy
Lets us focus on making our headies more recognised

And somebody shud tell Dekoko...sorry.... Decode to enter the nearest gym
Brother does not look like an artiste sef

Old man that needs a hustle. He started late though.

That nigga needs a gym card quick.

1 Like

Re: De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:42pm On May 16, 2018
naija artists no send Grammy or nah grammar award.. all what they are after is the pay...commercial taken over them sound... someone that hustle to raise 15k for a studio session and he blow with one hit track on the list nah him one win Grammy...
timaya showed his garage the other day.. he no even send you..all that matters is bills and endorsement... lobatan...

1 Like

Re: De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" by JastSiryin(m): 11:19pm On May 16, 2018
ikorodureporta:

he's got a big spirit
No be only big spirit, na big stout. Like his business mindedness, but he doesn't bring anything new to the table in terms uniqueness.
Re: De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" by sweetgala(m): 11:20pm On May 16, 2018
worlexy:
"Don't doubt me I go bring you Grammy "

Please tell 9ice that we his fans are still waiting for him to fulfill his promise

9ice had what it'd take but he deviated from his own formula

2 Likes

Re: De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" by udemzyudex(m): 2:43am On May 17, 2018
Germandude:
He sounded Yoruba,but has ibo appearance. This is called segun arinze

grin grin grin grin
Re: De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" by udemzyudex(m): 2:44am On May 17, 2018
martineverest:
In the last 4 Grammies ,blacks have clearly dominated top awards

You mean African American?
Re: De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" by Nobody: 7:09am On May 17, 2018
DoTheNeedful:
Africans and Nigerians especially should try to be comfortable in their skin and space. Why should you want to win Grammy? Why should you want to measure the success of a Nigerian musician by Grammy. Grammy was birthed in the US and the entertainment industry there grew the award to a global audience.
We should also grow our own awards to the global audience. Who Grammy epp

Are you educated at all?

Win a Grammy and see the number of global endorsement deals that will come knocking

Stop talking for the sake of it , you sound very stupid
Re: De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" by Nobody: 8:53am On May 17, 2018
naija is victim numero uno. check our latest hottest jamz, very empty lines repeated with loads of bridge and fillers to make it 3 minutes track.

1 Like

Re: De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 12:38pm On May 17, 2018
udemzyudex:

You mean African American?

Check my signature in blue below and contact us by clicking the WhatsApp Chat link.
Re: De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" by DoTheNeedful: 4:47pm On May 17, 2018
Lakeside79:

Are you educated at all?

Win a Grammy and see the number of global endorsement deals that will come knocking

Stop talking for the sake of it , you sound very stupid

You are very rude and you have a very bad upbringing. Does the anonymity of nairaland give you the freedom to call anyone stupid for airing a view that is different from yours?
I don't believe in the inferiority-complex-inspired mentality of many of you in Nigeria. If you don't love yourself, no one will.
Besides, the Americans don't give a Bleep about you.
Re: De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 17, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

You are very rude and you have a very bad upbringing. Does the anonymity of nairaland give you the freedom to call anyone stupid for airing a view that is different from yours?
You are asking me if I'm educated at all and I laugh at you. With all modesty I am educated to the highest level in one of the best universities in the country that owns Grammy. However, I don't believe in the inferiority-complex-inspired mentality of many of you in Nigeria. If you don't love yourself, no one will.
Besides, the Americans don't give a Bleep about you.

Okay I may have been a bit too forward my apologies for such uncouth behavior, had a difficult morning and took it out on you
Re: De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" by Olumyyde(m): 8:49pm On May 17, 2018
jazinogold:

Not knowing him doesn't make his post without facts. He posted the exact situation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Omotola On New Billboard Of Hollandia Yougurt / Ovation Magazine Ankara Styles For Wedding Occasion / Ufoma Marries Oyinbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.