Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Opinion: Should The Illiterate And Uneducated Be Allowed To Vote - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Should The Illiterate And Uneducated Be Allowed To Vote (798 Views)

Reps To Govs: Bulletproof Cars Won’t Save You From Wrath Of Uneducated Children / 300+ DSS Soldiers Foreign French Fighters Yet The Illiterate Escaped / The Educated South Vs The Illiterate North Who Is Who? Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Should The Illiterate And Uneducated Be Allowed To Vote by concupiscent: 10:36am On May 17, 2018
I came across an article today and i saw the heading "why the illiterate and uneducated should not be allowed to vote"

I decided to ask it here, using Nigeria as a case study. Do they possess the proper understanding of what politics and political elections entails? If No, how then can they make the best decision for their country in a matter they know little about?

For this topic
Illiterate means one that can't read and write.

Uneducated means one that hasn't obtained secondary school education, at least, or its equivalent.

Cc Mynd44 Lalasticlala.

-concupiscent
Re: Opinion: Should The Illiterate And Uneducated Be Allowed To Vote by dodelight(m): 10:44am On May 17, 2018
What kind of opinion poll is that?

Should the government collect taxes from illiterates and uneducated Nigerians who have successful businesses?

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Should The Illiterate And Uneducated Be Allowed To Vote by APCsupporter: 10:51am On May 17, 2018
So you mean an illiterate doesn't know what is right and what is wrong right? Preventing them from accessing political offices isnt enough for you, That they cannot get white collar jobs isn't enough for you, That they are treated as 2nd class citizens isn't enough for you, You still want them to be disenfranchised. I hope you are aware that the average illiterate farmer today who owns vast lands and a nomadic Fulani man who wears tattered clothes and lives in huts who owns over 500 cows (1 cow= over 100k, 100k x 500= 50 million) are hundreds of times richer than the average Nigerian graduate?

Is it not the same graduates that go about protesting on behalf of criminals, welcoming criminals back to the country, acting like lunatics online, and doing stupid thinks like eating grass just because their pastors told them to? Is it not Nigerian graduates that shout hallelujah when. a pastor "ressurects" the dead or "heals" the blind? What about Abdul mutallab and other educated terrorists that are brainwashed by less educated leaders?

Education and wisdom are two different things.

You can be highly educated but still be dumb and you can be an illiterate and still be very wise. Who would you prefer to fix your car between a fresh graduate of mechanical engineering and an illiterate street mechanic with years of experience? The answer is obvious

I'm not in anyway supporting illiteracy but they are not as dumb as you are trying to portray them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Should The Illiterate And Uneducated Be Allowed To Vote by concupiscent: 10:56am On May 17, 2018
dodelight:
What kind of opinion poll is that?

Should the government collect taxes from illiterates and uneducated Nigerians who have successful businesses?

"stick to the topic at hand.

if you've got nothing to say, sit back and learn from does who do.

-concupiscent
Re: Opinion: Should The Illiterate And Uneducated Be Allowed To Vote by APCsupporter: 10:58am On May 17, 2018
concupiscent:

-concupiscent

Answer the question
Re: Opinion: Should The Illiterate And Uneducated Be Allowed To Vote by concupiscent: 11:04am On May 17, 2018
APCsupporter:
Foolishness doesn't know any boundary indeed. So you mean an illiterate doesn't know what is right and what is wrong right? Preventing them from accessing political offices isnt enough for you, That they cannot get white collar jobs isn't enough for you, That they are treated as 2nd class citizens isn't enough for you, You still want them to be disenfranchised. I hope you are aware that the average illiterate farmer today who owns vast lands and a nomadic Fulani man who wears tattered clothes and lives in huts who owns over 500 cows (1 cow= over 100k) are hundreds of times richer than the average Nigerian graduate?

Is it not the same graduates that go about protesting on behalf of criminals, welcoming criminals back to the country, acting like lunatics online, and doing stupid thinks like eating grass just because their pastors told them to? Is it not Nigerian graduates that shout hallelujah when. a pastor "ressurects" the dead or "heals" the blind?

Education and wisdom are two different things.

You can be highly educated but still be dumb and you can be an illiterate and still be very wise. Who would you prefer to fix your car between a fresh graduate of mechanical engineering and an illiterate street mechanic with years of experience? The answer is obvious

I'm not in anyway supporting illiteracy but they are not as dumb as you are trying to portray them.

"If you should interview for the position of APC campaign manager in next year general polls, and was asked this question, the above would be your reply right?

Mr you lack decorum"

-concupiscent
Re: Opinion: Should The Illiterate And Uneducated Be Allowed To Vote by papoudaupolos: 11:08am On May 17, 2018
If Stupid people are allowed to post on line,theM too should be allowed to vote
Re: Opinion: Should The Illiterate And Uneducated Be Allowed To Vote by APCsupporter: 11:09am On May 17, 2018
concupiscent:

"If you should interview for the position of APC campaign manager in next year general polls, and was asked this question, the above would be your reply right?

Mr you lack decorum"

-concupiscent

Why not? Would you like it if Nigeria should reintroduce income franchise?
Re: Opinion: Should The Illiterate And Uneducated Be Allowed To Vote by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:09am On May 17, 2018
concupiscent:

-concupiscent

this your poll is stupid!! That someone did not have the privilege of going to school does not mean he is a second class citizen
Re: Opinion: Should The Illiterate And Uneducated Be Allowed To Vote by concupiscent: 11:21am On May 17, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

this your poll is stupid!! That someone did not have the privilege of going to school does not mean he is a second class citizen

"What is wrong with your head?

I asked a question answer like someone that has a functioning brain for God sake instead of attacking the question, it is a simple debate.

Mind you Mr wise, this question was someone thesis at a university in America, this same question was asked on an international forum and I didn't see any comment there as childish as yours"

-concupiscent
Re: Opinion: Should The Illiterate And Uneducated Be Allowed To Vote by CodeTemplar: 11:28am On May 17, 2018
Yes they should. Intact they should carry multiple PVCs like some almajiris up north
Re: Opinion: Should The Illiterate And Uneducated Be Allowed To Vote by blazhykowskyi(m): 11:39am On May 17, 2018
That's a dicey question.
Re: Opinion: Should The Illiterate And Uneducated Be Allowed To Vote by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:55am On May 17, 2018
concupiscent:

"What is wrong with your head?

I asked a question answer like someone that has a functioning brain for God sake instead of attacking the question, it is a simple debate.

Mind you Mr wise, this question was someone thesis at a university in America, this same question was asked on an international forum and I didn't see any comment there as childish as yours"

-concupiscent

ookay now let me ask a question.Should concuspicent deserve the right to life?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Should The Illiterate And Uneducated Be Allowed To Vote by concupiscent: 12:10pm On May 17, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

ookay now let me ask a question.Should concuspicent deserve the right to life?

"According to the universal declaration of human right by the United Nations general assembly held in Paris on 10th DEC 1948 article 3 which states:

Everyone has the right to life, liberty
and security of person.

So Mr I don't deserve life, it is my right, I own it!

-concupiscent
Re: Opinion: Should The Illiterate And Uneducated Be Allowed To Vote by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:16pm On May 17, 2018
concupiscent:

"According to the universal declaration of human right by the United Nations general assembly held in Paris on 10th DEC 1948 article 3 which states:

Everyone has the right to life, liberty
and security of person.

So Mr I don't deserve life, it is my right, I own it!

-concupiscent

So suffrage is not contained in the UN charter?
Re: Opinion: Should The Illiterate And Uneducated Be Allowed To Vote by Turantula(m): 12:19pm On May 17, 2018
Almajiris wee not like this
Re: Opinion: Should The Illiterate And Uneducated Be Allowed To Vote by concupiscent: 12:20pm On May 17, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

So suffrage is not contained in the UN charter?
"why didn't you state it, instead of attacking the post?"

-concupiscent

(1) (Reply)

Dasukigate: Why Buhari Wants Olisa Metuh Dead – Fani-kayode / Ajaokuta Steel Comes Back To Life After 40 Years / Why Saraki Is ‘being Victimised’ By Buhari Govt – Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.