Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,372 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

She Was Born Without Hands Yet She Won A National Award For Her Skillful Handwri - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / She Was Born Without Hands Yet She Won A National Award For Her Skillful Handwri (838 Views)

UNIZIK Defers Award For Sanusi / OAU English Department Refused To Give Best Graduating Student Award For 15/16 / Girl Born Without Arms Wins National Award For Her Exceptional Hand Writing Ski (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Was Born Without Hands Yet She Won A National Award For Her Skillful Handwri by sunky97: 11:23am On May 17, 2018
Tweet
The story of Anaya Ellick, a 9-year-old girl born without hands shows that there is indeed an ability in every disability. It just takes the right mindset to see and do it.

Anaya doesn’t use prosthetic hands but has been honoured with a prestigous award for her skillful handwriting.

A third-grader in Chesapeake area of Virginia, United States, she won the 2018 Zaner-Bloser National Handwriting Contest, under the Nicholas Maxim category, an award that rewards outstanding manuscript and cursive skills among students.

In 2016, Anaya won the award for her print writing.

Growing up, her mother helped her form letters, but she soon learnt how to hold a pencil between her two arms to write and draw.

Although quiet and shy, Anaya always tried out things and believed she could do it and now, she is a role model to everyone.

“She’s really independent – from tying shoes, putting clothes, getting baths. It was always like ‘I can do it’. So, that just carried on over the years,” her father told News 3

The next thing Anaya is looking to tackle now is sports.

We hope this inspires …..

http://tellmystory.com.ng/she-was-born-without-hands-yet-she-won-a-national-award-for-her-skillful-handwriting/

Re: She Was Born Without Hands Yet She Won A National Award For Her Skillful Handwri by Bilabong(m): 11:24am On May 17, 2018
Wow... She can still be what ever she wants to be...

Reminds me of Lagos Llmb-less driver.

1 Like

Re: She Was Born Without Hands Yet She Won A National Award For Her Skillful Handwri by Nobody: 12:16am On May 18, 2018
God is powerful

yet it is this same world that someone with complete body is busy stealing in the market .

kudos to her .
Re: She Was Born Without Hands Yet She Won A National Award For Her Skillful Handwri by femi4: 6:23am On May 18, 2018
I know I can.....be what I wannna be
Re: She Was Born Without Hands Yet She Won A National Award For Her Skillful Handwri by cassidy1996(m): 7:12am On May 18, 2018
BABA GOD you too much....
Re: She Was Born Without Hands Yet She Won A National Award For Her Skillful Handwri by Deckline(m): 9:01am On May 18, 2018
So we should roast egg now

(1) (Reply)

Uniport Post Utme 2018 Experience Thread / Platinum Reasoning Past Questions Or GMAT Past Questions / Free ICAN Revision For All By Riskfree Standard Associates Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.