Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,348 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Mandatory Safety Features For Cars By 2021 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mandatory Safety Features For Cars By 2021 (835 Views)

7 Major Vehicle Safety Features You Cannot Do Without / 10 Safety Features In Cars Invented By Volvo / 12 Of The Best Safety Features Introduced In Cars Throughout The Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mandatory Safety Features For Cars By 2021 by autojosh: 12:29pm On May 18, 2018
The importance of safety in the automotive industry cannot be overemphasized. ‘Safety first’ has always been the watchword.

From predictions, these mandatory safety features for all the new cars from the year 2021 will save 7300 lives and prevent 38900 serious injuries between 2020 and 2030.

Here are some of the safety features that will be mandatory by the year 2021

1. Autonomous emergency braking (AEB):
This system will automatically apply a car’s brake if a driver fails to slow down for an obstacle. From predictions, this will reduce rear-end collisions by 38 percent.

2. Over-ridable intelligent speed assistance:
This is also known as adaptive cruise control. It matches a car’s speed to leading traffic, braking and accelerating automatically.

3. Fatigue detection

4. Lane-keep assistance

5. Electronic stability control

6. Anti-lock brakes

Announcing the new safety measures, the European Commission’s head of markets, Elżbieta Bieńkowska, said:

“90% of road accidents are due to human error. The new mandatory safety features we propose today will reduce the number of accidents and pave the way for a driverless future of connected and automated driving.”

The above proposal is for the EU member states.

https://autojosh.com/mandatory-safety-features-for-cars-by-2021/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Re: Mandatory Safety Features For Cars By 2021 by EzendiEgo1: 12:30pm On May 18, 2018

when this cars finally arrive lagos bet me Lagosians will remove those safety features and sell to neighbouring countries.

I seriously don't know what Nigeria port should be doing in Lagos state

1 Like

Re: Mandatory Safety Features For Cars By 2021 by Kuanku: 7:22pm On May 22, 2018
I hope such technologies will soon be embeded, because many people die in car accidents including due to the inattentive drivers and other road users.
Re: Mandatory Safety Features For Cars By 2021 by Zane2point4(m): 7:28pm On May 22, 2018
2018 Toyota Camry has no. 4 above, it maintains its lane even when the driver slips.

(1) (Reply)

Please How Will I Unlock Toyota 4 Runner 2000 / I Need Odessey Or Honda Shuttle / Another Disaster Waiting To Happen In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.