Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,989 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real (25903 Views)

Davido Shades Mr Real "Legbegbe", Says He Should Have Bailed Seun Egbegbe / Fans Beg DJ Cuppy To Quit Music And Enjoy Her Burnt Dodo Alone (photo) / Jay Jay Okocha And Mr Real In 'Shaku Shaku' Pose (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by reportminds: 9:30am On May 19, 2018
Street hop crooner ‘Legbegbe’ Mr. Real, told Saturday Beats that the road to stardom was not rosy. He revealed that his family members advised him against pursuing a career in music.

He said, “I have been doing music for over 10 years now. But you know in life when it is not your time, there is nothing you can do about it. All this while, I have been working and waiting on God for a breakthrough. Once God says it is your time to shine, no man on earth can stop you from shining. Before my song, ‘Legbegbe,’ I was only doing free shows. But it is a different story now.

“There was no time I thought of leaving music despite the pressure I was getting from my family members then. For me, music is part of my existence as a human and there is nothing else I can do better than music. When I was not making money from music and things looked stagnant, my father wanted me to try other things. It was a serious issue at home. I cannot blame my father because he wanted the best for me; I am his first child. But I insisted that it was music or nothing. It was not easy to stay focused as I got frustrated by my family members. At a time, I stopped visiting family members because they were always advising me to find something better. To them, I was wasting my time and it was high time I tried other things. I felt it was better I stop visiting because I didn’t want to leave music.”

Sadly, his father died last year and could not witness the success his son had achieved through his music career. The singer said that it was one of the regrets he has had to live with in life. “My father is no more; he died last year. I feel bad that he is not alive to see my growth in the music industry, but I am certain he would be happy for me. My mother died years ago too. But I have six younger siblings to look after. Though my parents are dead, other family members, who wanted me to quit music, can at least see that my consistency has finally paid off. Once you believe in yourself, the sky is your limit and nothing can stop you,” he said.

http://www.reportminds.com/2018/05/i-stopped-visiting-my-family-when-i-was.html?m=1

15 Likes

Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by goldbim(f): 9:43am On May 19, 2018
Oya funwon legbegbe cheesy..nobody wants to associate with a failure.

37 Likes

Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by edidiongmichael(m): 9:52am On May 19, 2018
IT'S NOT BY FORCE MR. FAKE REAL

3 Likes

Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by cheddahboy(m): 9:53am On May 19, 2018
Only the blacksmith knows what he sees to be hitting the iron at a particular spot, never ever give up your dream.

Fellow Nigerians..

Acquire 1 Acre, Get 1 plot FREE + Extra #400,000

We plant the suckers for you, manage the entire farm, insure the crops with NAIC, buy up your harvest and pay you the sum total of #2.8 Million in 3 years, while the real estate (land) remains yours

This is a rare investment opportunity.

Lease option available too.

Call Tollani on 08064078616 for enquiries and subscription.

Invest Now and start earning in less than a year!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by Nobody: 9:53am On May 19, 2018
shocked
And now they will start visiting you.

Life )

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by countsparrow: 9:54am On May 19, 2018
Mr real lo se beat yii...

Saka Manje,..
Anthony Joshua fe ba mi ja, saka manje, leyinkule wa ni iyana Ipaja Tulamania

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by Heywhizzy(m): 9:54am On May 19, 2018
"Ask about me for ikeja, dem go tell you how I dey get down, log in instagram, na my story full for town"

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by Dollipsejay(m): 9:55am On May 19, 2018
So Mr. Real
it's only music that's your source of income?? you're a yahoo boy jor

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by stefanweeks: 9:56am On May 19, 2018
Iphone 7

O ma lo o

1 Like

Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by gbogboti: 9:56am On May 19, 2018
In life all you need is one lucky good shot

7 Likes

Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by finestiyke(m): 9:56am On May 19, 2018
I just hope he won't he a one hit person. He needs to release more songs

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by shollish(m): 9:56am On May 19, 2018
Probably

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by BlackHatNaija: 9:56am On May 19, 2018
Nice decision. sometimes you've to stand up for what you believe. You can visit them now.

3 Likes

Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by Lilymax(f): 9:56am On May 19, 2018
I hope u dont turn to one of those one hit only musicians.
Cuz if u do, ur family go laugh u tire

4 Likes

Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by dbynonetwork: 9:56am On May 19, 2018
Your song does not make sense, no wonder it took u ten years before your voice was heard.

23 Likes

Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by Evaromantik(m): 9:58am On May 19, 2018
All his songs are here... Ifeco Music Blog

Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by crafteck(m): 9:58am On May 19, 2018
Dollipsejay:
So Mr. Real

it's only music that's your source of income??
you're a yahoo boy jor

But his source didnt matter when he was broke right

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by selfmadeboss: 9:58am On May 19, 2018
Dad paid the price for your success.
Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by Myself2(m): 9:58am On May 19, 2018
I guess they felt it's the music that made you adopt your queer look
Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by Nairalandmentor(m): 9:59am On May 19, 2018
shocked
Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by gloriaunobi(f): 9:59am On May 19, 2018
And so?
Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by younggerrard(m): 10:00am On May 19, 2018
iPhone1 iPhone 2 iPhone 3........u try..
Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by Alejoc(m): 10:00am On May 19, 2018
Tough decision!
Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by kennyblaze007(m): 10:00am On May 19, 2018
Na so life be... But who really sing legbegbe? Mr Real,Idowest or Slimcase.... D tin dey confuse me
Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by ObservantFellow: 10:01am On May 19, 2018
Oya funwon legbegbe angry

2 Likes

Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by cocoboss(m): 10:03am On May 19, 2018
afonja amaka cool cool
Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by siegfried99(m): 10:03am On May 19, 2018
Iphone 1 .. oma nlo oo grin
Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by Temptee101(m): 10:07am On May 19, 2018
sad

Wack song.

It's sad that mediocrity has taken over every aspect of our society and the music industry is not left out. It's quite a shame

A full grown man just hopping up and down like a grasshopper on heat screaming iphone 1 up till 20 or so and you call that a song.

It's really a punishment to be tagged a Nigerian

11 Likes

Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by Tofeyo624: 10:10am On May 19, 2018
If it is making money then it is making sense.

Aboki
Dollipsejay:
So Mr. Real

it's only music that's your source of income??
you're a yahoo boy jor

1 Like

Re: I Stopped Visiting My Family When I Was Asked To Quit Music –mr. Real by Vicintonsh(m): 10:10am On May 19, 2018
*Nigeria 3-1croatia
Iceland 0-1nigeria
Nigeria 2-2 Argentina
super eagle top group with 7 point face Denmark in round of 16
Denmark 1-2 Nigeria
quater final Nigeria 1-0 Poland win extra time
*semi final France 2-3
Nigeria final Brazil 5-6 Nigeria* *penalty shootout super eagle win world cup
*(A spirit is telling me this but I don't know the spirit )
*Maybe it is the spirit of transition, transfusion confusion

24 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sunmbo And David Adeoye Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary, Christen Their Son / Bovi: 'Remaining Heaven And Hell For Davido To Perform’ / Valentine: Laura Ikeji Kisses Her Husband, Ogbonna Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.