Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,224 members, 7,829,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Solved - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Solved (852 Views)

Solved / Solved!!! / Infertility Solved!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solved by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 19, 2018
X
Re: Solved by thorpido(m): 3:20pm On May 19, 2018
If you are sure you will leave in about a year,then maybe you should endure it.
If the travelling is not certain,then get your place.
There's no time you will not move eventually.Get the place and then tell her.You can still come around to spend the wkds with them.
Re: Solved by ImaIma1(f): 5:33pm On May 19, 2018
Even if you were her son, moving out at 25 is not a bad thing. She may be sad at first but eventually she will understand especially when you explain how the stress is taking a toll on you but still visit often and spend time with her and her family.

You can get a place and pay for a year in case you have to travel. Doing that trip from mainland to island and back everyday can real reduce one's life span.

However, if you feel you can handle it for another year and are sure the traveling will click, then save the money.
Re: Solved by Nobody: 10:28am On May 20, 2018
Thanks guys
Re: Solved by hilaryxoxo(f): 2:55pm On May 26, 2018
A couple of questions to ask you;
1. How long have you endured it? If you've been doing it for a while, then you can just manage for another year.
2. You wanna go to an Ivy league for masters, its pretty expensive and I'm guessing you'd want to save something to cover the cost.
3. How about staying with a friend on the island during weekdays and going home during weekends?
4. I'm guessing you live around Ketu, Berger, etc because i also live on the mainland (think Yaba, Surulere) and i leave my house by 7:20 to get to work by 8. apartments are really cheap in my area - and im sure you're thinking of a self-con so you should find one for about 300k. 700k is too pricey if you ask me.

Now please can you kindly reply your email, i have something very urgent to ask you!

Fiyinfoluwa20:
Dear Nairalanders,

A little background. I am 25/m , my sister has taken care of me since I was 10 as we lost both parents at that age and we share a deep bond. Now, I work on the Island and I still stay with her on the mainland, trust me it is draining.

Everyday, I wake up by 4:00am, hit the road by 5;30am, get to work by 7:30-8:00am, to add to that I work very late get back to the mainland by 11:00pm sometimes( I work in the financial services sector) only to sleep for sometime and hit the road again. This is taking its toll on me health and career wise, as I am always very tired everyday even on the Job and I need to remedy this problem before it sends me to early grave.

Again, I can afford to get me something in the region of 700k on the Island, my account would take the hit, but what is the sense in accumulating money and not healthy enough to enjoy the accumulated wealth or treating sickness with it , not wise !

Now, I feel bad telling my sister I want to leave, note that she is married and have her own kids, but I am like her first child and I love her like a mom too.

Separately, I do not think I would be renewing the rent because , I have plans on leaving Nigeria a soon, its a plan though, but hey, don't know what would happen.

Guys, kindly advise, should I leave or endure till about a year when I'd be living the country?

(1) (Reply)

Man Sues His Neighbour For Failing To Impregnate His Wife As Agreed(pictures) / Busted My Wife In Bed With A Student – High School Teacher Confesses Dailyactive / Wintouch K11 Kids Tablet-dual Sim-10.1" -1gb Ram-16gb Rom Plus Free Pouch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.