Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Solved!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Solved!!! (2796 Views)

Solved / Infertility Solved!!! / Solved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solved!!! by BigSarah(f): 11:08pm On Jul 12, 2018
Issue Solved We're all Good
Re: Solved!!! by mikkyjagga1(m): 12:11am On Jul 13, 2018
What exactly is the crime they are accusing him of? Why not get in touch with a lawyer?

3 Likes

Re: Solved!!! by BigSarah(f): 6:45am On Jul 13, 2018
mimimile93:

You can't just arrest someone and say if 150k is not given he will serve 7 years in jail.

What was is offence?
They claimed for him to be there he must have smoked, they took every worker present in the hotel too

Is there any exhibit that was found on him? I'm certain there isnt we paid 5000 to phone him in the cell or wherever he's been kept

Has he been charged to court? No the ndlea said he'll be charged in two weeks, the problem is his parents don't have the financial capacity to follow a court case .

The court decides who go to prison and not NDLEA. : In a case where the accused has no defendant what will happen

Re: Solved!!! by Wilfredpat22(f): 7:57am On Jul 13, 2018
mikkyjagga1:
What exactly is the crime they are accusing him of? Why not get in touch with a lawyer?

They will accuse him of crime if he doesn’t pay. This is Nigeria. Ndlea busts hôtels and guesthouse that is how they feed like Sars

1 Like

Re: Solved!!! by BigSarah(f): 10:56am On Jul 13, 2018
Wilfredpat22:

They will accuse him of crime if he doesn’t pay. This is Nigeria. Ndlea busts hôtels and guesthouse that is how they feed like Sars

Exactly
Re: Solved!!! by BigSarah(f): 10:57am On Jul 13, 2018
mikkyjagga1:

They're charging him for illegal possession of marijuana, it's a hotel and a chunk of marijuana was found how does that relate with everyone there, he's just a victim of circumstances.
Re: Solved!!! by BigSarah(f): 10:59am On Jul 13, 2018
The Bad part of all of this is, him remaining in their custody and missing his school work which will lead to an extra year or the worst which is court sentence. Please help in whatever means necessary
Re: Solved!!! by Just2endowed2(m): 11:54am On Jul 13, 2018
if dominique or lalasticlala can push it to frontpage. Op they might need evident like full name and evident he is a student of unilag.

i like you courage of voicing out.

1 Like

Re: Solved!!! by N0favors: 12:29pm On Jul 13, 2018
BigSarah:
The Bad part of all of this is, him remaining in their custody and missing his school work which will lead to an extra year or the worst which is court sentence. Please help in whatever means necessary
Get Him a lawyer
Re: Solved!!! by Sijo01(f): 12:55pm On Jul 13, 2018
N0favors:
Get Him a lawyer

No be money dey take dey get lawyer

2 Likes

Re: Solved!!! by BigSarah(f): 1:03pm On Jul 13, 2018
Currently We're at JDPC yaba, having a discussion with one of their lawyers
Re: Solved!!! by BigSarah(f): 1:11pm On Jul 13, 2018
Just2endowed2:
if dominique or lalasticlala can push it to frontpage. Op they might need evidence like
full name :
and evident
he is a student of unilag:

i like you courage of voicing out.

Adebayo Daniel Tosin
the course adviser of his department is currently on leave ,he left the hostel with his locker key, the only source of identification will be his course form or previous examinations docket which is in the course adviser office, no one knows his online portal password. And the ndlea operatives charge 8k per call, if we try calling him that will shorten the amount we have currently, We are still trying to contact activists/lawyers and organizations that will work with us for free.
His project supervisor is meant to review chapter one and two of his project on Monday .
Heaven help him!
God help us all .
Re: Solved!!! by BigSarah(f): 2:05pm On Jul 13, 2018
BigSarah:
Currently We're at JDPC yaba, having a discussion with one of their lawyers

That didn't give a positive yield we were asked to come back next week Wednesday ,to listen to their next line of action.
Re: Solved!!! by delpee(f): 10:08pm On Jul 13, 2018
@OP
Have you tried finding out about lawyers who take on cases pro bono in your area? There's also a Lagos State agency that assists the poor in legal matters. I can't immediately recall the name.

The Faculty of Law in Unilag and Students Affairs Dept should be able to advise and assist you on how to get help.
Re: Solved!!! by delpee(f): 10:17pm On Jul 13, 2018
Maybe people are scared to assist because it involves drugs. Even if there's really no proof that he's one of them, his presence there will raise doubts in some people's minds. That's why we were always warned as kids to be wary of those we associate with.

God bless you for standing up for him. I pray that you get help very soon. May God keep him safe and secure all through. Victory is certain by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Solved!!! by Abidex001: 6:49am On Jul 14, 2018
BigSarah:

They're charging him for illegal possession of marijuana, it's a hotel and a chunk of marijuana was found how does that relate with everyone there, he's just a victim of circumstances.

Why will someone travel to collect 20k in Ogun state? Are there no banks? No banking applications?

It seems there is more to the story than has been mentioned
Re: Solved!!! by BigSarah(f): 7:24am On Jul 14, 2018
Abidex001:

Why will someone travel to collect 20k in Ogun state? Are there no banks? No banking applications?

It seems there is more to the story than has been mentioned

It was a Sunday, I can't tell why the money wasn't sent either
Re: Solved!!! by BigSarah(f): 7:25am On Jul 14, 2018
delpee:
@OP
Have you tried finding out about lawyers who take on cases pro bono in your area? There's also a Lagos State agency that assists the poor in legal matters. I can't immediately recall the name.

The Faculty of Law in Unilag and Students Affairs Dept should be able to advise and assist you on how to get help.

We started sending letters since Thursday but no replies yet even if a reply will be sent it'll be through his course adviser who's on leave
Re: Solved!!! by LewsTherin: 8:03am On Jul 14, 2018
There's too much that doesn't make sense in this story. OP has to enlighten us.

Basically you are seeking for N150,000 to bribe the NDLEA else Daniel will be sent to jail for 7 years. By the NDLEA?

Daniel (no last name, no further details) has no means of identification even though he is a final year student?
The SUG of UNILAG cannot get involved? You can't get a lawyer to assist pro bono? Not even from the Law Dept of UNILAG?

You can't see him in detention and require 8,000 to make a phone call?
Re: Solved!!! by BigSarah(f): 8:23am On Jul 14, 2018
LewsTherin:
There's too much that doesn't make sense in this story. OP has to enlighten us.

Basically you are seeking for N150,000 to bribe the NDLEA else Daniel will be sent to jail for 7 years. By the NDLEA?

Daniel (no last name, no further details) has no means of identification even though he is a final year student?
The SUG of UNILAG cannot get involved? You can't get a lawyer to assist pro bono? Not even from the Law Dept of UNILAG?

You can't see him in detention and require 8,000 to make a phone call?

I'm seeking any form of intervention that will secure his release.

Check previous comments to get answers to the rest of your questions

And yes we paid to speak to him on phone on two occasions
Re: Solved!!! by BigSarah(f): 8:33am On Jul 17, 2018
Hurray Daniel Has Been Released To His Family After His Unlawful Arrest, Unfortunately So many Still Remain At Their Custody, And Of Course We Obtained His release Via Bribery.
Special Thanks To Those Who Referred Us To Agencies Even Though They were of no help.
Those Who Yelled Scam , Fraud Et all, God Will Help Guide Our Steps .

Huge Thanks To The Mod Who didnt Shut This Thread Down

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

I Don’t Know Why My Dad Doesn’t Like Me / My Sister Still Refused To Let Me Stay After Begging Her / Pls I Need Advice On An AC To Buy

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.