Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,407 members, 7,861,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:37 AM

How To Ask For A Raise At Work - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Ask For A Raise At Work (389 Views)

Sule Abdullahi On Sanusi: Ganduje Called To Ask If I Would Accept Deposed Emir / Lateef Femi Okunnu: It Is Rubbish For Ohanaeze To Ask For Slots In Lagos Cabinet / #OBJWhereIsThePower?: Nigerians Join President Buhari To Ask Ex President (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Ask For A Raise At Work by Easzy96(m): 4:36pm On May 19, 2018
I remember I found myself in the same situation two years ago. It was nerve-wracking. I was scared as sh*t. I use to work in a law firm. I was an office assistant and i wanted an increment in my salary, I deserved it. I work hard, I was always punctual, I had the best attitude to work. but the truth is, there’s nothing wrong with asking for a raise that reflects the hard work that you do, but there are some approaches and best practice that will always get better results than others.

Asking your manager for a raise can be Scary so much that some people wait for months or even years before asking for a raise they deserve. These are steps on How To Ask For A Raise At Work:

First, know that it’s normal to ask for a raise: Yeah, it not greedy or selfish to ask for a raise, i had this mindset then when i was working in that law firm. I was think my manager would reply me with something like “What an outrageous request” but he listened.

Be emotionally intelligent about your timing: Know when to ask. timing is key, you don't have to ask when the boss is not in a very good mood or when you just finish making a blunder.

If you’ve been doing excellent work for at least a year since your salary was last set, it might be time to ask for a higher pay: If you have being great at your work for more than a year or more.... I feel that is the best time to ask for a raise.                                                                                                                                                                         

Know the worth of your work: If you are just a janitor. you should know the worth of payment you are to receive. Don't ask for the pay of an office assistant just because you do more physical job around.

Prepare yourself before presenting your case to your boss: You don't want to look like a fool in front of your boss. Prepare your speech. i suggest you stay in front of the mirror and do some rehearsals.

Prepare yourself for the worst: If you ask for a raise and get told no, all is not lost. This is a perfect opportunity to ask what it would take to get a raise in the future. "If you have boss decent enough to tell you".

Read more:
https://9jalife.com.ng/ask-raise-work
Re: How To Ask For A Raise At Work by denko(m): 5:30pm On May 19, 2018
Stop asking for a raise work on yourself and be valuable. How much will your boss add yo your salary that would be enough.

(1) (Reply)

Benue Mass Burial. / Borno 2019: Magu Denies Nursing Governorship Ambition / Is It Buhari's Final May 29 Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.