Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

How To Correct And Update Your BVN Details In Nigeria (2018) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Correct And Update Your BVN Details In Nigeria (2018) (47118 Views)

Gionee M7 Spec, Features & Price In Nigeria | 2018 / 13 Cheapest Data Plans In Nigeria 2018 (MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile) / 26 Cheap Android Phones In Nigeria 2018 (₦10,999 – ₦29,500) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Correct And Update Your BVN Details In Nigeria (2018) by Bloggernaij: 5:39pm On May 19, 2018
Sometimes, inconspicuous human error can lead to documenting wrong details when one is applying for BVN in Nigeria.

I recall a few weeks ago when I got an SMS from my bank indicating that the name on my BVN differs from the one on my bank account. It added that I should endeavor to swiftly correct and update my BVN details as soon as possible to avoid restrictions on my account for transactions.

I had to go to the bank to solve this issue and later found out that the error was as a result of misspelling from the part of the bank official who enrolled me in the process back then in Ebonyi state. The bank gave me a new form to fill with my new and correct details. I later got a message from my bank stating that I am now in compliance with the BVN and no more restrictions.

The main reason why I am writing this post is to help others out there who having this Bank Verification Number (BVN) issue but have no idea on how to go about it. Do not panic at all because I got you covered. In this article, I will show you How to Correct and Update BVN Details in Nigeria.

The Central Bank of Nigeria already made it known to the public that only the Commercial Banks are given access to the BVN database of their customers. BVN was introduced in Nigeria to curb corruption, impersonation, ghost workers and so on.

As a result, if you made any mistake during the registration of your Bank Verification Number, you can now correct, update or change the provided details entirely.

How to Correct and Update BVN Details
To update your BVN details, kindly visit and lodge a complaint at the bank branch where you registered.

Corrections that you can make on your BVN Details
Date of birth
Change of first name due to marriage
Corrections in name due to mis-spelling
Required Documents for Updating BVN Details
Birth certificate – for correction of Date of Birth.
Those changing or correcting details due to marriage should provide marriage certificate/affidavit as a proof.
Corrections of name due to mis-spelling can be changed by presenting an international passport, national identity card or voters card showing the correct name.
Hope this is helpful.

Source : https://www.bloggernaija.com/how-to-correct-and-update-bvn-details/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Correct And Update Your BVN Details In Nigeria (2018) by Mustack: 1:39am On May 20, 2018
Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Correct And Update Your BVN Details In Nigeria (2018) by nurmanteasynoni: 7:03pm On Oct 09, 2018
Jah bless bro

1 Like

Re: How To Correct And Update Your BVN Details In Nigeria (2018) by Godssword1(m): 12:11pm On Jan 17, 2019
Stress
Re: How To Correct And Update Your BVN Details In Nigeria (2018) by shedy822(m): 12:54pm On Mar 06, 2019
Thanks bro,

You don't know the kind of fear you just removed from me.
Thanks once again

1 Like

Re: How To Correct And Update Your BVN Details In Nigeria (2018) by bolu(m): 6:58pm On Mar 19, 2019
Please what is the procedure if it is the phone number that one needs to change?
Re: How To Correct And Update Your BVN Details In Nigeria (2018) by Bigdreamers: 9:57am On Apr 24, 2019
How many times can you make corrections on your BVN
Heard it's just once
Re: How To Correct And Update Your BVN Details In Nigeria (2018) by pat077: 3:47pm On May 07, 2019
If someone wants to change the date of birth on the bvn, must it be done @ the bank branch when one did the verification or any of branches of the bank?
Re: How To Correct And Update Your BVN Details In Nigeria (2018) by Andybase: 3:08pm On Jun 20, 2019
what if i want to change two Name on my BVN, Surname and middle name.
Re: How To Correct And Update Your BVN Details In Nigeria (2018) by ikcid: 10:17am On Sep 20, 2019
Thanks
Re: How To Correct And Update Your BVN Details In Nigeria (2018) by TataAsim: 6:47pm On May 25, 2020
Pls what about phone number? Can wrong or inactive phone number be changed?

Must it be at the place where you you were registered?
Re: How To Correct And Update Your BVN Details In Nigeria (2018) by blustone(m): 7:39am On Sep 14, 2020
TataAsim:
Pls what about phone number? Can wrong or inactive phone number be changed?

Must it be at the place where you you were registered?

Check here...

https://www.nairaland.com/5572730/how-change-number-linked-bvn

(1) (Reply)

Tiktok Responds To Trump: We Are Not Going Anywhere / Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics) / Get 1gb For Just N100 On Your Glo Sim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.